Page 523 of 536 FirstFirst ... 23423473513519520521522523524525526527533 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,845 of 8026

Thread: Amanda Knox gets 26 Years

Notice how the Court of Castration minimizes Rudy Guede's role, in an attempt to make Knox and Sollecito the main characters:
    It observes, indeed, that his life spent so far drifting, has not compromised in an irreparable way the defendant’s personality, considering also his young age and despite the difficulties endured, that have marked his infancy, with a severe and frequently absent father and a mother that abandoned him forever from the moment of his birth.
    Oh boo-hoo.

The prick was taken in by a wealthy family. He wasted his opportunities. He brutally murdered a young woman for nothing. Still denies he did it.

You can't make up this shit.

Italian judges attack decision to retry Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito

The judges who cleared Amanda Knox and her boyfriend of the murder of Meredith Kercher have criticised
    Italy's Supreme Court for overturning the acquittals and ordering a retrial of the case.

By Nick Squires, Rome
    6:39PM BST 26 Jun 2013

In what amounts to a war of words within the Italian judiciary, the judges from the appeals court in Perugia in Umbria said the Supreme Court in Rome had made errors in its review of the case.

Claudio Pratillo Hellmann and Massimo Zanetti, the judges who cleared Miss Knox and Raffaele Sollecito, said that the Supreme Court was wrong to discuss specifics of the evidence when it announced its decision in March to throw out the acquittals.

The two judges said they were confident that they had made the right decision in the appeals trial because there was reasonable doubt that Miss Knox and her then boyfriend were guilty.

"I'm content because I helped to avert an unjust imprisonment," Mr Pratillo told Oggi, a weekly news magazine.

"In Italy you find someone guilty if there is proof beyond reasonable doubt. In this trial, by contrast, there was only the possibility that the two were guilty."

Asked if he thought Miss Knox and her then boyfriend were innocent, Mr Zanetti said: "I was not in the bedroom when the crime happened. I cannot exclude anything ... but for me, it was not Knox and Sollecito who killed Kercher." The couple were accused of sexually assaulting and murdering Miss Kercher, 21, after she was found dead in the house she shared with Miss Knox in Perugia in Nov 2007.

They were convicted of the crimes in 2009 but then cleared by the appeals court and released after four years behind bars.

Mr Pratillo, who recently retired after 45 years in the judiciary, said the Supreme Court had gone far beyond its correct remit by considering the evidence of the case, rather than just studying points of law.

"They should not have done that. It is not their job. Instead they evaluated the evidence. It is a serious mistake." The Supreme Court ordered a retrial in March and earlier this month released a 74-page document in which it explained its decision.

The court said that Meredith Kercher was killed by more than one person in what may have been a group sex game that spiralled out of control.

"How is it, if there had been a struggle and a thwarted erotic game in this small bedroom, perhaps an orgy that ended with Meredith being stabbed, there is not a single biological trace of Raffaele and Amanda? Whereas it is full of traces of Rudy Guede," said Mr Pratillo.

Guede, a local drifter, underwent a separate trial, was convicted and is serving 16 years in prison.

The retrial of Miss Knox and Mr Sollecito is expected to start at the end of this year or in early 2014 and will be held in Florence.

© Copyright of Telegraph Media Group Limited 2013

"How is it, if there had been a struggle and a thwarted erotic game in this small bedroom, perhaps an orgy that ended with Meredith being stabbed, there is not a single biological trace of Raffaele and Amanda? Whereas it is full of traces of Rudy Guede," said Mr Pratillo.
    For this we have never been given a credible answer by the guilt freaks (certainly not here) and that is precisely what makes their speculations so ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    .... but sometime in 2012, he appeared on a cable news show talking about another case [Casey Anthony I think].
    Sometime in 2012? On "a cable news show". Talking about another case... Casey Anthony... you think?

Oh. Ok.

----------------------

And yes of course Dershowitz is correct in saying:

"the American media focused much more on Amanda Knox than on the victim of the case because Amanda Knox was prettier and an American and an American sweetheart".
    Last edited by Fabrizio; June 28th, 2013 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    Sometime in 2012? On "a cable news show". Talking about another case... Casey Anthony... you think?

Oh. Ok.
    And you post an old interview done before the Court of Castration released its report and think "what would he know?" Why would a law professor state a ruling was correct without reading the ruling? Seems like Law 101 - know the facts first.

And does Dershowtitz sound objective when he complains that:
    Had she been ugly, he argued, the case would have attracted little attention.
    Yeah, attract little attention, like so many other wrongful convictions that get swept under the rug because no one is paying attention.

Is that what Dershowitz is advocating here; would that make him happy?

Go tell Peggy & Pete to find another hero.

the American media focused much more on Amanda Knox than on the victim of the case because Amanda Knox was prettier and an American and an American sweetheart
    And that helped her?

It was the police and prosecutors in Perugia that used the press to paint a distorted picture of Knox.

Last edited by ZippyTheChimp; June 28th, 2013 at 10:42 AM.

And who conducted the sensational Hellman interview posted above?

Was it "Il Corriere della Sera"? "La Repubblica"?, "L'Espresso"?, "Panorama"?, or perhaps "The International Herald Tribune"?

Nope. It was, who else, but the tabloid OGGI.

The Hellman interview is probably wedged in there between articles about Padre Pio's latest miracle, and a telephoto spread featuring ass shots of Kate Middleton on a balcony in Portofino.

Isn't it weird that no legit newspapers have picked up this story about the Italian Supreme Court "overstepping it's bounds"??

While hard news might not be OGGI' s forte, I do admit that OGGI's horoscopes are the best there is!

(Attention: according to OGGI, those born on July 9th, OJ Simpson, Jody Arias, and Amanda Knox: it looks like a rough year ahead....)
    Last edited by Fabrizio; July 3rd, 2013 at 08:33 PM.

Quite a few straw-men there.

Are you implying that Hellman was misquoted? Doesn't Italy have all those silly calunnia laws?

The tabloid National Inquirer broke the John Edwards story.

BTW, anything yet on a crime story; how the knife got to the cottage; where the real murder weapon might be; why nothing was taken from the cottage (oops, Filomena's room)?

----------------------------------------------------------

The sad joke here is that this endless trial long ago stopped being a search for truth, and is now degenerating into judicial infighting. Eventually, it will probably become political.

A judge said this? Really? It shows how desperate Hellman is.

Note: the Massei conclusion says nothing about an orgy and no, the room was not "full" of traces of Guede. (nice try Hellman).

And despite what the Knoxians claim, in the majority of murders there are no biological traces left by the perpetrator.

An example: I try to keep up with news from the Philadelphia/Jersey Shore area. Last year there was a murder in So. Jersey. A man (Patrick Latko) murdered a friend and his friend's mother. The struggle and murders took place in a kitchen. Latko left no DNA.

From the Atlantic City Press:

"But while no DNA found matched Latko’s, Chief Assistant Prosecutor Cary Shill argued the circumstantial evidence links him to the deaths of the mother and son in their South Madison Avenue home. Is Latko “the unluckiest guy in the world? Or did he kill Ryan and Diana Patterson?” Shill asked. Public defender Kevin Moses pointed out that not a drop of blood was found on Latko or his belongings. “So there were 20 stab wounds, two slit throats ... so whoever did this would've been a bloody mess,” Moses said to the jury."

Latko was found to be linked to the crime.... but did he leave biological traces at the murder scene? No. There was a struggle and he slit the throats of 2 people but left no DNA.

Hellman is full of it when he says: ""How is it, if there had been a struggle and a thwarted erotic game in this small bedroom, perhaps an orgy that ended with Meredith being stabbed, there is not a single biological trace of Raffaele and Amanda? "

http://m.pressofatlanticcity.com/new...a4bcf887a.html

Last edited by Fabrizio; July 4th, 2013 at 03:47 AM.

A judge said this? Really? It shows how desperate Hellman is.
    Or you, when you try to deflect by going after the newspaper:
    Was it "Il Corriere della Sera"? "La Repubblica"?, "L'Espresso"?, "Panorama"?, or perhaps "The International Herald Tribune"?

Nope. It was, who else, but the tabloid OGGI.
    "
    OK, that didn't work, so you're back to Hellman.

Note: the Massei conclusion says nothing about an orgy and no, the room was not "full" of traces of Guede. (nice try Hellman).
    Wasn't the interview after the Court of Castration ruling, where they instructed Florence to revisit the sex game gone wrong theory?

In relation to the presence of Guede's DNA, define full.

And despite what the Knoxians claim, in the majority of murders there are no biological traces left by the perpetrator.
    Have a cite for this? Keep in mind that according to you and the Court of Castration, there were three perpetrators.

An example: I try to keep up with news from the Philadelphia/Jersey Shore area. Last year there was a murder in So. Jersey. A man (Patrick Latko) murdered a friend and his friend's mother. The struggle and murders took place in a kitchen. Latko left no DNA.
    And still another straw-man.

So I suppose you are fully knowledgeable on the Patrick Latko case, and have made a full comparison to the Knox case.

I don't know much about it, but in 5 minutes I found out that there was motive - Ryan was sleeping with Latko's ex-girlfriend, and he was jealous. She testified that he confronted her about it. And there was a 911 recording from the victim who said "Pat, I didn't do anything, please."

Do you want to continue with this nonsense?

This goes to what I said upthread about how your evidence is like post-it notes - no overall picture of a murder.

I don't know much about it, but in 5 minutes I found out that there was motive - Ryan was sleeping with Latko's ex-girlfriend, and he was jealous. She testified that he confronted her about it. And there was a 911 recording from the victim who said "Pat, I didn't do anything, please."

*sigh*. Please read what I wrote: "Latko was found to be linked to the crime.... but did he leave biological traces at the murder scene? No. There was a struggle and he slit the throats of 2 people but left no DNA.

Once again: "How is it, if there had been a struggle and a thwarted erotic game in this small bedroom, perhaps an orgy that ended with Meredith being stabbed, there is not a single biological trace of Raffaele and Amanda? "

Sex game gone wrong: the SC brings the case back to the Massei conviction, see post #7810. The SC says nothing about orgies, or reviewing previously abandoned theories.

The dynamics of the murder are back to the Massei conviction.
    Last edited by Fabrizio; July 4th, 2013 at 01:24 PM.

*sigh*. Please read what I wrote: "Latko was found to be linked to the crime.... but did he leave biological traces at the murder scene? No. There was a struggle and he slit the throats of 2 people but left no DNA.
    Please note that I mentioned that three people were allegedly involved in the Knox murder.

A person can remove their own evidence from a crime, but virtually impossible to remove one or two and leave the third.

Another five minutes of research revealed that Latko did attempt to remove his evidence. He removed the front mats of the car before returning it. The murder weapon (yes they found the real knife) was discovered in a yard near Latko's home. The knife was linked to him by the broken sheath which was found in his possession. While the victim's blood was found on the knife, no trace of Latko was found.

And please stop the condescending "sighs." In light of your posts, they read like brain-farts.

Sex game gone wrong: the SC brings the case back to the Massei conviction, see post #7810. The SC says nothing about orgies, or reviewing previously abandoned theories.
    Orgies, sex games. What's the difference?

The dynamics of the murder are back to the Massei conviction.
    Of this I have no doubt. I said upthread that the Court of Castration is not going to be satisfied until the Knox-Sollecito trial synchronized with the sham of the Guede fast-track trial, where "evidence" that it was a multiple attack was not challenged by the Guerde defense for obvious reasons, yet is evidence in the Knox-Sollecito trial without an opportunity of cross-examination.

So it depends on whether any judges in Florence have balls.

Come up with a quantitative definition yet for a "full" amount of DNA, or are you still busy with the knife?

----------------------------------------------------

Guede's DNA was found on Kercher's bag.

A person can remove their own evidence from a crime, but virtually impossible to remove one or two and leave the third.

Another five minutes of research revealed that Latko did attempt to remove his evidence. He removed the front mats of the car before returning it. The murder weapon (yes they found the real knife) was discovered in a yard near Latko's home. The knife was linked to him by the broken sheath which was found in his possession. While the victim's blood was found on the knife, no trace of Latko was found..
    There is no evidence that Latko tried to remove his DNA from the kitchen. He murdered them and fled. No DNA was found in the kitchen because in the kitchen, the murder scene, he left none.

There was an argument, they struggled, he slit his friends throat. He slit his friends mothers throat. He fled.

As with most murders, he left no biological traces at the scene.