Page 530 of 536 FirstFirst ... 30430480520526527528529530531532533534 ... LastLast
Results 7,936 to 7,950 of 8026

Thread: Amanda Knox gets 26 Years

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    Scanning email for calunnia. Please wait.

------------------------------------

I may be wrong about this, but I think the latest motive for murder put forth by the prosecution is an argument over an unflushed turd.
    You are not wrong! The latest prosecution theory is that, since there was a mildly embarrassing incident where Meredith had to delicately ask Amanda to please clean the toilet a bit better (since European toilets use less water than those in the US, apparently you need to use a brush each time) -- since that happened, when Rudy Guede came over and did not flush the toilet, an argument ensued that escalated into a violent fight, ending in Meredith's murder.

This case just gets stranger and stranger. I wish I was making this up, really.

BTW, here is a link to the actual emailed letter (it is actually a typed letter that she signed and emailed as a PDF.

In both Italian and English versions (both written by Amanda Knox herself).

I found it interesting to read what is actually in the letter, vs. what the media reported is in it.

English
    http://www.amandaknox.com/wp-content...f-Florence.pdf

Italian
    http://www.amandaknox.com/wp-content...di-Firenze.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by dougm View Post
    (since European toilets use less water than those in the US, apparently you need to use a brush each time)

That sounds downright nasty and unhygienic. Is this what they do at college dorms in Italy? One can only imagine how the toilets work in prisons. No wonder she's staying put in sanitary Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by EastMillinocket View Post
    That sounds downright nasty and unhygienic. Is this what they do at college dorms in Italy? One can only imagine how the toilets work in prisons. No wonder she's staying put in sanitary Seattle.
    Unless Knox's diet consisted mainly of Guinness, gyros and gravy chips I doubt she needed to use a brush every time. I grew up in Europe and traveled to many countries on the continent. The bogs work fine.

Involks a visual I did not need at 8:46 AM CT

Quote Originally Posted by IrishInNYC View Post
    Unless Knox's diet consisted mainly of Guinness, gyros and gravy chips I doubt she needed to use a brush every time. I grew up in Europe and traveled to many countries on the continent. The bogs work fine.
    I don't know, I have never been to Italy. But it's part of the case -- truth can be stranger than fiction!

So is the turd in the bowl now the official motive?

What happened to to supreme court directive to revisit the sex game gone wrong scenario?

When this is all over, an updated version of the game Clue can be released.

"Amanda Knox in any room with any thing."

Now, from the land that gave you the Knox and Sollecito case travesty ...

Man's sex with 11-year-old not abusive, Italian court rules

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...urt-rules.html

I believe this should be moved to the Berlusconi thread.

Supreme court official 2014 photo:

Now, from the land that gave you the Knox and Sollecito case travesty ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...urt-rules.html
    Where is Fab when you need him.

Quote Originally Posted by eddhead View Post
    Where is Fab when you need him.
    Hey, I have not focused on the whole Italy vs. US or UK legal system debate, because I think this is not about that, it is about one specific case, and how two young people were convicted of murder with almost no evidence. Each country has it's examples of problems in it's legal system.

But when a Supreme Court rules something like that latest link? A man's sex with an 11-year-old is not abusive because the court did not take into account that she might have cared about him? Yikes, is all I can say. Next, they'll be saying a rapist is not guilty because the victim was wearing tight pants and the rapist could not have removed them without her help! (oh, yeah, they already did that).

I just think wrong is wrong, whether decided in the US, Italy, or anywhere.

Source: BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25941999

30 January 2014 Last updated at 15:58 ET

Amanda Knox and ex-boyfriend guilty of Kercher murder

Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito are seen here in 2011 when they were acquitted

A court in Italy has reinstated the guilty verdicts against Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito for the murder of UK student Meredith Kercher in 2007.

American Knox and her Italian ex-boyfriend Sollecito - who had pleaded not guilty - now face long jail sentences.

The latest verdict overturns the pair's successful 2011 appeal, which freed them after four years in jail.

Ms Kercher was stabbed to death in the flat she shared in Perugia with Knox.

Thursday's fresh appeal hearing in Florence was ordered by Italy's highest court, the supreme court in Rome.

It had found that the 2011 appeal - which acquitted the pair - was flawed.

Ms Knox, who along with Mr Sollecito had denied all the charges, did not return to Italy for the case.

Ms Kercher's brother Lyle and sister Stephanie were present when the verdict was read out.

The court in Florence heard from Ms Knox's defence team in the morning before the two judges and eight jurors retired to deliberate on a verdict.

Summing up, Ms Knox's lawyer, Carlo Dalla Vedova, told the court her innocence was "rock-solid and it allows us to await the verdict with serenity".

The supreme court overturned their acquittals last March after an appeal by prosecutors, who argued that important DNA evidence had been disregarded.

Prosecutors had asked for 26-year prison terms for the pair on the murder charge.

'DNA doubts'
    Ms Kercher, from Coulsdon in south London and 21 at the time, was found with her throat cut in a flat she shared with Ms Knox in the college city of Perugia, in the central region of Umbria.

Rudy Guede from the Ivory Coast was convicted of her murder at a separate trial and sentenced to 16 years in prison.

Prosecutors sought to prove Ms Kercher had died in a sex game involving Ms Knox and Mr Sollecito that had gone wrong.

Prosecutors have since alleged that the murder resulted from a heated argument over cleanliness in the Perugia apartment.

Arrested days after the murder and detained in prison, Ms Knox and Mr Sollecito were tried and convicted in November 2009.

In 2011, an eight-member jury cleared both defendants of Ms Kercher's murder after doubts were raised over procedures used to gather DNA evidence.

Raffaele Sollecito, who denies the charges, was in the courtroom earlier

Ordering a retrial last year, the supreme court moved proceedings from Umbria to Florence, in the northern region of Tuscany.

Mr Sollecito, 29, told the court in November that it made "no real sense" for him to have committed "such an atrocious act".

So does this mean that Rudy Guede will be released from prison?

Or was Meredith Kercher killed twice?

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    So does this mean that Rudy Guede will be released from prison?

Or was Meredith Kercher killed twice?
    Who knows? They have to try to explain this verdict in the court's motivation report. Since even if we accept the prosecution's evidence and witnesses, they don't fit together into a logical narrative, I am not sure how they are going to do it.

The latest theory of the prosecution is that they killed Meredith because she got angry at Amanda when Rudy didn't flush the toilet that was used, not by Amanda and Meredith, but by the other two roomates who were not home. I don't know if they accepted this or not, but they are going to have to explain how what they have proves that either of the two were even there at the time of the murder. We'll have to see what they come up with.