Page 64 of 536 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Amanda Knox gets 26 Years

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    Chirpy: there is also this from a previous post 899

"La traccia … aveva rivelato un profilo genetico misto: vittima più Knox ed era risultava positiva per sangue umano."

----"the trace shows a mixed genetic profile of the victim and Knox and it results positive as being human blood".

And this:

"L'analisi aveva dato i seguenti risultati: sangue umano ed il profilo genetico della vittima più quello di Amanda Knox."

^ Whether all of this the right conclusion by them or properly carried out is not my concern here. I want to know what conclusions they came to.

We certainly will see in the appeal.
    Amanda's appeal does not address any "mixed blood" controversy that I can recall. Perhaps because they are appealing Massei's conclusions and not Mignini's fantasy or Stefanoni's voodoo science explanation.

They are appealing Stefanoni's explainations regarding the bra and the knife.

I cannot see how that can be interpreted any other way than by being mixed blood. If the trace is blood and it is a mixed trace then logically it would mean mixed blood.
    Wrong. The only thing that mixed traces of DNA in her own bathroom indicates is that she used the place. Duh.

They are appealing Stefanoni's explainations regarding the bra and the knife.
    Well, yeah OK, among a lot of other things. Has there been a claim of mixed blood on the knife or bra clasp?

Chirpy this is page 298: "...nel bidet c'era della sostanza che sembrava sanque dilavato ed era risultata una traccia mista appartenente ai profili biologici di Amanda e Meridith"

---In the bidet there was a substance that seemed to be diluted blood and it resulted in being a mixed trace belonging to the genetic profiles of Amanda and Meridith.

I cannot see how that can be interpreted any other way than by being mixed blood. If the trace is blood and it is a mixed trace then logically it would mean mixed blood.

At other times the report talks of the victims blood plus Knox's DNA etc...it makes a distinction. But there are instances like this, when the indication is mixed blood.

I'm making no judgement on their findings... I would like clarity on what they are saying they found.

Whether mixed blood or blood+DNA: One thing for sure, the report does implicate Knox as leaving the traces.
    That quote doesn't even say it is blood at all just that it seemed to be diluted blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MidtownGuy View Post
    Mixed Amanda blood not proven.

Scratch (or whatever the unnoticeable-to-police-thing was)...more nothing is still nothing.
    The police did notice the scratch. Evidence:

1. http://perugiamurderfile.org/gallery...&image_id=1679
    2. http://www.perugiamurderfile.org/vie...p=61692#p61692
    3. http://perugiamurderfile.org/gallery...image_id=1643#
    4. "Police pictures of Knox's neck were shown to Mezzetti on the stand."

http://www.seattlepi.com/default/art...rce=rss#page-2

That lil' thang?

Why, it doesn't even look like much of a scratch, let alone something produced from a life and death struggle...and this is after the red hues in this image were photoshopped into the stratosphere.

This is really desperate reaching, I'm sorry.
    Last edited by MidtownGuy; May 13th, 2011 at 10:01 PM.

The bottom line as far as I am concerned is that they need more than Knox's DNA in her own bathroom as proof that she murdered someone. Even if it is blood (which is far from certain), it is not proof that she committed the crime. There is no motive, no physical evidence she was in the room when the killing occured. The only evidence proves she was present at some time in her own home.

Where's the skin break?

You can try to make an argument that this bruise was the result of a struggle, but not that it explains where the blood came from.

Candace Dempsey has posted the court order that shut down Sfarzo's blog. http://blog.seattlepi.com/dempsey/2011/05/13/sweden-rescues-italian-amanda-knox-blog-google-are-you-watching-2/

I guess that part was not fake.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post

Where's the skin break?

You can try to make an argument that this bruise was the result of a struggle, but not that it explains where the blood came from.
    Also, where's the hickey? I mean, we know the hickey was there. So, where did it go?

When were the photos of Knox's neck taken, in relation to the day of the killing (and, of course, the day she got the hickey)?

Well, the photos would have been taken when she was arrested, which would have been 5 days after the murder.

Here is one on the day after the murder: http://truejustice.org/ee/images/per...page5/5004.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by dougm View Post
    Well, the photos would have been taken when she was arrested, which would have been 5 days after the murder.

Here is one on the day after the murder: http://truejustice.org/ee/images/per...page5/5004.pdf
    Yup. That's not a bleeding wound. Probably why Massei held that she was not wounded. And some police officer came up with the lame explanation that maybe she got punched in the nose. Even the police knew that she didn't have a bleeding wound to the neck, and so they fell back to a conjecture.

Chirpy this is page 298: "...nel bidet c'era della sostanza che sembrava sanque dilavato ed era risultata una traccia mista appartenente ai profili biologici di Amanda e Meridith"

---In the bidet there was a substance that seemed to be diluted blood and it resulted in being a mixed trace belonging to the genetic profiles of Amanda and Meridith.

At other times the report talks of the victims blood plus Knox's DNA etc...it makes a distinction. But there are instances like this, when the indication is mixed blood.

I'm making no judgement on their findings... I would like clarity on what they are saying they found.

Whether mixed blood or blood+DNA: One thing for sure, the report does implicate Knox as leaving the traces.
    I'm sorry, but what you say is controverted by this statement of Massei: "it is not possible with a mixed trace specimen that tested positive for human blood to determine which of the trace’s contributors the blood belongs to."

I think we can say that there is zero proof of any blood+blood trace (nor could there be, per Massei's conclusion, quoted above). The terminology "mixed blood" is very misleading, because it suggests that blood+blood is what was found, and it wasn't.

There might be a spot of Amanda's blood on the wash basin. However, this spot must be old, since Massei held that she was not wounded (and therefore there could have been no source for such blood on the night of the crime).

Of course, there is lots of Amanda's non-blood DNA in her bathroom. And there are several spots of Meredith's blood. It's not surprising or incriminating that they became mixed together when Meredith's blood was deposited. There is no proof, and no way to prove, that Amanda's non-blood DNA mixed with Amanda's blood at some time before the blood trace was deposited in the bathroom. This is the only way that these "mixed traces" could be considered incriminating.

As to Massei's ultimate conclusion that Amanda is responsible for depositing Meredith's blood/the mixed traces in the bathroom, I think we can say that there is no proof of this intrinsic to the evidence found in the bathroom, and that this conclusion lies entirely on Massei's belief that Amanda was involved in the crime. Meredith's blood could just as well have been deposited by Rudy (or any other person posited to have committed the crime).