Page 64 of 536 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
Results 946 to 960 of 8026

Thread: Amanda Knox gets 26 Years

  1. #946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    Chirpy: there is also this from a previous post 899

    "La traccia … aveva rivelato un profilo genetico misto: vittima più Knox ed era risultava positiva per sangue umano."

    ----"the trace shows a mixed genetic profile of the victim and Knox and it results positive as being human blood".

    And this:

    "L'analisi aveva dato i seguenti risultati: sangue umano ed il profilo genetico della vittima più quello di Amanda Knox."

    ^ Whether all of this the right conclusion by them or properly carried out is not my concern here. I want to know what conclusions they came to.

    We certainly will see in the appeal.
    Amanda's appeal does not address any "mixed blood" controversy that I can recall. Perhaps because they are appealing Massei's conclusions and not Mignini's fantasy or Stefanoni's voodoo science explanation.

  2. #947

    Default

    They are appealing Stefanoni's explainations regarding the bra and the knife.

  3. #948
    Forum Veteran MidtownGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    East Midtown
    Posts
    6,832

    Default

    I cannot see how that can be interpreted any other way than by being mixed blood. If the trace is blood and it is a mixed trace then logically it would mean mixed blood.
    Wrong. The only thing that mixed traces of DNA in her own bathroom indicates is that she used the place. Duh.

  4. #949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    They are appealing Stefanoni's explainations regarding the bra and the knife.
    Well, yeah OK, among a lot of other things. Has there been a claim of mixed blood on the knife or bra clasp?

  5. #950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    Chirpy this is page 298: "...nel bidet c'era della sostanza che sembrava sanque dilavato ed era risultata una traccia mista appartenente ai profili biologici di Amanda e Meridith"

    ---In the bidet there was a substance that seemed to be diluted blood and it resulted in being a mixed trace belonging to the genetic profiles of Amanda and Meridith.

    I cannot see how that can be interpreted any other way than by being mixed blood. If the trace is blood and it is a mixed trace then logically it would mean mixed blood.

    At other times the report talks of the victims blood plus Knox's DNA etc...it makes a distinction. But there are instances like this, when the indication is mixed blood.

    I'm making no judgement on their findings... I would like clarity on what they are saying they found.

    Whether mixed blood or blood+DNA: One thing for sure, the report does implicate Knox as leaving the traces.
    That quote doesn't even say it is blood at all just that it seemed to be diluted blood.

  6. #951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidtownGuy View Post
    Mixed Amanda blood not proven.

    Scratch (or whatever the unnoticeable-to-police-thing was)...more nothing is still nothing.
    The police did notice the scratch. Evidence:


    1. http://perugiamurderfile.org/gallery...&image_id=1679
    2. http://www.perugiamurderfile.org/vie...p=61692#p61692
    3. http://perugiamurderfile.org/gallery...image_id=1643#
    4. "Police pictures of Knox's neck were shown to Mezzetti on the stand."

    http://www.seattlepi.com/default/art...rce=rss#page-2

  7. #952
    Forum Veteran MidtownGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    East Midtown
    Posts
    6,832

    Default

    That lil' thang?

    Why, it doesn't even look like much of a scratch, let alone something produced from a life and death struggle...and this is after the red hues in this image were photoshopped into the stratosphere.

    This is really desperate reaching, I'm sorry.
    Last edited by MidtownGuy; May 13th, 2011 at 10:01 PM.

  8. #953

    Default

    The bottom line as far as I am concerned is that they need more than Knox's DNA in her own bathroom as proof that she murdered someone. Even if it is blood (which is far from certain), it is not proof that she committed the crime. There is no motive, no physical evidence she was in the room when the killing occured. The only evidence proves she was present at some time in her own home.

  9. #954

    Default



    Where's the skin break?

    You can try to make an argument that this bruise was the result of a struggle, but not that it explains where the blood came from.

  10. #955

    Default

    Candace Dempsey has posted the court order that shut down Sfarzo's blog. http://blog.seattlepi.com/dempsey/2011/05/13/sweden-rescues-italian-amanda-knox-blog-google-are-you-watching-2/

    I guess that part was not fake.

  11. #956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post


    Where's the skin break?

    You can try to make an argument that this bruise was the result of a struggle, but not that it explains where the blood came from.
    Also, where's the hickey? I mean, we know the hickey was there. So, where did it go?

  12. #957
    Disgruntled Optimist lofter1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC - Downtown
    Posts
    32,654

    Default

    When were the photos of Knox's neck taken, in relation to the day of the killing (and, of course, the day she got the hickey)?

  13. #958

    Default

    Well, the photos would have been taken when she was arrested, which would have been 5 days after the murder.

    Here is one on the day after the murder: http://truejustice.org/ee/images/per...page5/5004.pdf

  14. #959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dougm View Post
    Well, the photos would have been taken when she was arrested, which would have been 5 days after the murder.

    Here is one on the day after the murder: http://truejustice.org/ee/images/per...page5/5004.pdf
    Yup. That's not a bleeding wound. Probably why Massei held that she was not wounded. And some police officer came up with the lame explanation that maybe she got punched in the nose. Even the police knew that she didn't have a bleeding wound to the neck, and so they fell back to a conjecture.

  15. #960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    Chirpy this is page 298: "...nel bidet c'era della sostanza che sembrava sanque dilavato ed era risultata una traccia mista appartenente ai profili biologici di Amanda e Meridith"

    ---In the bidet there was a substance that seemed to be diluted blood and it resulted in being a mixed trace belonging to the genetic profiles of Amanda and Meridith.

    I cannot see how that can be interpreted any other way than by being mixed blood. If the trace is blood and it is a mixed trace then logically it would mean mixed blood.

    At other times the report talks of the victims blood plus Knox's DNA etc...it makes a distinction. But there are instances like this, when the indication is mixed blood.

    I'm making no judgement on their findings... I would like clarity on what they are saying they found.

    Whether mixed blood or blood+DNA: One thing for sure, the report does implicate Knox as leaving the traces.
    I'm sorry, but what you say is controverted by this statement of Massei: "it is not possible with a mixed trace specimen that tested positive for human blood to determine which of the trace’s contributors the blood belongs to."

    I think we can say that there is zero proof of any blood+blood trace (nor could there be, per Massei's conclusion, quoted above). The terminology "mixed blood" is very misleading, because it suggests that blood+blood is what was found, and it wasn't.

    There might be a spot of Amanda's blood on the wash basin. However, this spot must be old, since Massei held that she was not wounded (and therefore there could have been no source for such blood on the night of the crime).

    Of course, there is lots of Amanda's non-blood DNA in her bathroom. And there are several spots of Meredith's blood. It's not surprising or incriminating that they became mixed together when Meredith's blood was deposited. There is no proof, and no way to prove, that Amanda's non-blood DNA mixed with Amanda's blood at some time before the blood trace was deposited in the bathroom. This is the only way that these "mixed traces" could be considered incriminating.

    As to Massei's ultimate conclusion that Amanda is responsible for depositing Meredith's blood/the mixed traces in the bathroom, I think we can say that there is no proof of this intrinsic to the evidence found in the bathroom, and that this conclusion lies entirely on Massei's belief that Amanda was involved in the crime. Meredith's blood could just as well have been deposited by Rudy (or any other person posited to have committed the crime).

Similar Threads

  1. London's Congestion Charge Two Years On
    By ablarc in forum News and Politics
    Replies: 192
    Last Post: October 2nd, 2008, 11:43 AM
  2. New Years Eve in Time Square
    By clasione in forum Social Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: January 3rd, 2005, 07:18 PM
  3. Airtrain Newark, two years and still growing
    By STT757 in forum New York Metro
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 27th, 2003, 11:17 PM
  4. Almost 2 years later, the events of 9.11.01 still hurt
    By Qtrainat1251 in forum New York City Guide For New Yorkers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 10th, 2003, 11:34 PM
  5. Where to live? - Possibly moving to NYC in a few years...
    By Jonny in forum Moving to New York
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: May 21st, 2003, 12:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Google+ - Facebook - Twitter - Meetup

Edward's photos on Flickr - Wired New York on Flickr - In Queens - In Red Hook - Bryant Park - SQL Backup Software