Page 3 of 136 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Yankees

Look at the time. The game was over. What are you being pulled away from?

Its annoying sometimes hearing the ultra generic:

"lets--go--yan-kees"
    That generic chant was begun by Met fans, way back in the 60s.

For originality, the two-out, two strike, standing clap that all fans use now was begun at Yankee Stadium during a Ron Guidry game.

For spontaneity, what beats the Paul O'Neill chant when he went to right field for the last time during the World Series.

Only the Mets would schedule a ceremony closing Shea Stadium AFTER playing the last game, not thinking that they might lose the game and get knocked out of the playoffs - which they did. Season's over; let's party.

The Mets have given us a song, but only a loser organization would make the first word rhyme with beat.

Beat the Mets.

Beat the Mets.

Come on out and beat the Mets.

I think Met fans tried the towel wave once, but the players thought they were bandages, got scared and ran into the dugout.

After a lifetime of debates with worthy Red Sox fans, this is just too easy.

^^^^

Yanks still suck.

Mets bitterness aside, the micro-managing done by Girardi finally came back to bite him in the ass. What an unnecessary and unfounded move to put in Aceves. Zip is right- he's hoping these groundless decisions somehow make him look like a genuis.

I've been complaining since game 1 of the ALDS, when he used Joba/Hughes/Mo in a 7-2 game. Then game 3 when he pulled a masterful Pettitte after 81 pitches to use the heralded three in the pen. ALCS Game 2 blowing thru the pen (Yankees used 8 pitchers, Angels 4). Today he didn't get away with it.

Still, Kazmir (Victor Zambrano anyone?) is having an off season, and struggled in the ALDS against the Sox, a team he has historically dominated. I think the Yanks will take one of the remaining 2 in Anaheim and win game 6 at home.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    Look at the time. The game was over. What are you being pulled away from?

That generic chant was begun by Met fans, way back in the 60s.

For originality, the two-out, two strike, standing clap that all fans use now was begun at Yankee Stadium during a Ron Guidry game.

For spontaneity, what beats the Paul O'Neill chant when he went to right field for the last time during the World Series.

Only the Mets would schedule a ceremony closing Shea Stadium AFTER playing the last game, not thinking that they might lose the game and get knocked out of the playoffs - which they did. Season's over; let's party.

The Mets have given us a song, but only a loser organization would make the first word rhyme with beat.

Beat the Mets.

Beat the Mets.

Come on out and beat the Mets.

I think Met fans tried the towel wave once, but the players thought they were bandages, got scared and ran into the dugout.

After a lifetime of debates with worthy Red Sox fans, this is just too easy.
    LOL

Its funny how I did not even bring up the Mets yet you assume I speak from a met fan standpoint. It really is comic relief for me see the Yankee Fan so defiantly defend their pinstriped when ever someone dares to call them out on their pathological superiority complex. I can just envision Zippythechimp's reaction when he reads these anti Yankee posts.....thank god for the internet I dont have to describe it I'll just post a link of it. Hmmm....Im suprized the computer still worked well enough for him to post his responses.

I know ur prob a bit emotional and perturbed about Girardi's overmanaging, and the gutsy and gritty Angels coming from behind and winning game 3; but rest assured that the series is going to come back to the Bronx's very own Junkie stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by TREPYE View Post
    Its funny how I did not even bring up the Mets yet you assume I speak from a met fan standpoint.
    So I'm wrong? From what standpoint are you speaking - Red Sox fan, other team, the generic baseball fan, or just a non sports fan who just happened on this thread?

LOL. I know a frustrated Mets fan when I see one.

It really is comic relief for me see the Yankee Fan so defiantly defend their pinstriped when ever someone dares to call them out on their pathological superiority complex.
    Actually, I was defending the tiresome attack, not on the Yankees, which is cool [notice Omega's posts were accepted in that spirt]; but on Yankee fans:

Maybe if yankee fans tilted their snouts down a little bit they would notice too...
    Yes Trepye, we're a group with many character flaws, but give us a break. All we're trying to do is enjoy some autumn baseball, something I guess you have little experience with.

This preoccupation with Yankee fans by Met fans is really ridiculous. Look Trepye, the Phillies are 3-1, on the verge of a return trip to the World Series. I know that most Yankee fans would "see red" if the Red Sox were on the verge of a repeat. It's starting to look like the only thing standing in the way of further humiliation of Mets fans by the Phillies first visit to Citifield flashing their second set of rings is the Yankees. If you want to root, we'll be easy to spot; don't look for white towels.

Getting back to your quote in entirety:
    I happen to think that those towels make the palce look very much alive and rowdy. Gives the backdrop an aspect of dynamism through visual movement.

Maybe if yankee fans tilted their snouts down a little bit they would notice too...
    I admit I haven't seen all the games at Citifield, but of those I have seen, I didn't notice any towel waving. So exactly in which direction is your snout pointed.

Leave this thread to the people who know baseball.

Take this and go here. Do a little housecleaning till next spring.

Im not dismissing other fans choice of experssing their fandom as "retarded" which you have done. That is what propagated my replies to your posts, and nothing to do with the Mets. I know that the organization of the team I root for is so lost that they could not even think of stamping their new stadium with more Mets signage and mementos. Yeah im licking my wounds from a sickeningly disappointing season of countless injuries, missed bases, dropped shallow infield popups, gutless players and a public-relation-challenged general manager; but I am not making comments to compensate for my teams well publisized organizational ineptitude but rather how arrogant yankee fans come up at times, and the comic relief I that I get when they defiantly reply to their indignity of being called out on their own imperfections. you guys set the stage for that.

With regard to the towels, I certainly dont thumb my nose up at the way other teams root for their teams, the one thing that I have said is that I wish that most teams would be more original in this and not use generics that everybody else uses. In fact I commend the Angels fans for the rally monkey as it pertains to only them.
    Last edited by TREPYE; October 20th, 2009 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sfenn1117 View Post
    I've been complaining since game 1 of the ALDS, when he used Joba/Hughes/Mo in a 7-2 game. Then game 3 when he pulled a masterful Pettitte after 81 pitches to use the heralded three in the pen. ALCS Game 2 blowing thru the pen (Yankees used 8 pitchers, Angels 4). Today he didn't get away with it.
    Saw a little bit of Girardi answering questions from the press.

He looked a little squirmy when asked about pulling Robertson after two batters. His non-answer was a little silly, saying that revealing the exact reasons would give away strategy. Give me a break. You take out a righty who's pitching well for another righty, with the score tied and no one on base - it only means one thing: you're going strictly by the charts.

That works well over the course of a season, where stats come into play. It may not work in a particular game, but it may work 60% of the time, and that gets you into the playoffs.

Playoffs are different. You can't throw away games. There's always a risk when you bring in a reliever. They don't have an inning or two to work out mechanics, like a starter. They have to get it done right now.

Robertson was pitching well. Aceves has pitched well during the season, but he was sitting in the bullpen. You don't know what you're going to get until he starts to pitch.

Looks like A-Rod may not be getting too many pitches to hit the rest of the playoffs. Posado moved up to the 5 spot, Matsui to 6. Tex and Posada are going to have to provide cover.

CC keeps the nitpicking manager in the dugout.

6 down 5 to go till Mission 27!!!!

Mets fans are screwed Yanks and Phils World Series!!

^^^

Watch what you wish for. If I were a Yanks fan, I would want to see the Dodgers or at least seem the, push it to a game 7. Trust me, the Phils can be dangerous.

I know the Phils are very tough but I have all the confidence in the world in this Yankee team. I feel that we can win but it will be tough. Both LA teams I feel are screwed.

The umps should be replaced by robots.

Lol two runners tagged neither are on base but only one is out?!?! What???

Some of the most terrible calls I've seen of late. Swisher clearly out on the pickoff move....so they do a make-up call and say he tagged too early. I was actually okay with that. Cano's bone head move on the otherhand, I don't even know what to say. Close calls I can understand going one way or the other, but to miss something so blatant is hard to explain.

Glad to see the bats woke up though!! You have to be confident to win just one game with Burnett, Pettitte, and CC starting the next 3 (if need be). I knew the Yanks would rough up Kazmir...he's having an off year.

The Phillies are National League Champs so it looks like, if my Yanks can close the deal Thursday night, it will be a NJ Turnpike World Series.