Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple tablet

Teno, you still don't understand. I'm not talking about money.

In the passage you quoted, nature is highlighted.

The bourgeoisie have always expected the finest of everything, I'm talking about the proletariat, the majority of people.

Quote Originally Posted by stache View Post
    just not on the scale we have seen in recent memory.

Yeah I guess you lost me.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    Teno, you still don't understand. I'm not talking about money.

In the passage you quoted, nature is highlighted.

Teno: but can the ibooks store be inspected even if you you don't have an IPad...the way the ITunes store can by everyone? I am interested to see the offerings but can find no link.

--
    Last edited by Fabrizio; February 3rd, 2010 at 09:11 AM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    People decades ago didn't behave differently so much because of the pants they wore.
    Just who wore them?

iBooks hasn't launched yet. Apple has not yet said how widely available iBook will be. I imagine they will have some way to back up your purchases the way you can with iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    Teno: but can the ibooks store be inspected even if you you don't have an IPad...the way the ITunes store can by everyone? I am interested to see the offerings but can find no link.

Post Apple tablet

Last edited by infoshare; February 28th, 2010 at 08:18 PM.

I think an announcement in March would greatly be more useful, because now the iPad thing has 'quieted down', but I still feel this launch would be as revolutionary as the iPhone.

Revolutionary?

Nope. How is it that much different from other offerings? It is neat, and they have made it LOOK a bit better, but this is not a big breakthrough by any means.

It is too similar to a large I-phone, as people have said, but with the same limitations and less features (like, I dunno, a phone?).

I think you will still have good sales in the beginning, but unless they do things like add a standard USB (or at LEAST a Firewire port.... WHICH THEY CREATED!) they will not be able to sustain a product that really does not do much more than a media player, Kindle or Netbook....

Default Gq

The Real iPad Winners? Our Nation's Beleaguered Man Purse industry

JANUARY 28, 2010 AT 9:55 AM

Like a lot of people, I was kind of perplexed by the big Apple iPad announcement on January 27. Steve Jobs' latest contraption looks very groovy, but I was having trouble figuring out what, exactly, that svelte doohickey was going to revolutionize. Books? Magazines? Sports gambling? But then it struck me: the iPad going to completely revolutionize the Man Purse Industry.

It's true. The iPad is the internal-combustion engine of Man Purses. For years, Man Purses have been a frilly, non-essential accessory—the aesthetic domain of European aristocrats and travelers in Miami International Airport. Its lack of utility made it easy to ridicule: what, exactly, did a man need a Man Purse for? How many personal items were too big for a wallet, too small for a carry-on?

But the iPad answers that question, mightily. It gives the Man Purse an urgent reason for being, and requests a Man Purse for the the masses. It's a Man Purse mandate, if you will. No longer will one question the need to layer a strap around one's shoulder. If you buy an iPad, you'll covet an iManPurse.

The good news is that many Man Purses are already iPad compatible. But in the next several months (and we're not kidding, people), we expect a designer rush to introduce the best iPad Man Purses. You'll have options in material and leather and exotic skins, and price points ranging from $50 to the high thousands. You'll see them on the runways, the first rows of fashion shows, and surely on Kanye West and Chicago Cubs manager Lou Pinella.

So get ready. You'll want one before you feel left out. It's a historic moment. We have never claimed the Man Purse made the Man. But now, thanks to the glorious iPad, we do.

— Jason Gay

@Ninjahedge

Well, it is obviously Revolutionary because it is a whole new kind of E-Book reader, it has a color touch-screen, photo organizer, video player, much more than a Kindle and Sony E-Book Reader, with better functionality than a iPod touch and Netbook. I am thrilled about this product, it does not neccesarily have to be better than a Netbook, considering price-wise and such. This product is already an Apple Revolution and I as a MSFT fan also like this product. I know there are somethings missing but it all cost $$$ and at least the iPad is better than the Kindle with near-prices, it is still cool.

Cool does not equal Revolutionary.

People will buy it. It does have neat features, but I just do not see it as ground breaking as some of its previous introductions to the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
    Cool does not equal Revolutionary.

People will buy it. It does have neat features, but I just do not see it as ground breaking as some of its previous introductions to the market.
    Well, we'll see about it in the coming Spring. My feeling are it is going to be like the iPhone launch, people camping out to get their hands on one, I could be one of them and it will be a groundbreaking launch for the e-book category...

people camping out to get their hands on one
    This, I will never, ever understand. Not for some digital device unless it saves lives. A person goes how any years without "x", and now they gotta camp out to get one ASAP? This is just silly pack behavior. On my way to the park, when I saw the people wrapped around the block to be the first with an iphone, I felt really sorry for them. I mean, has living become that empty, boring, materialistic, and shallow? What am I saying...of course it has. People now wait on line to get a certain brand of cupcake.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast