Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Guns 'n Coffee

Funny how I'm showing how gun control in NYS has it's roots in racism, and you accuse me of being racist.

As far as Ferguson vs the Bundy situation. Ferguson had a running riot, complete with burned out local business, that needed to be put down. I feel local LE acted appropriately. They had to allow the protesters to protest while trying to stop the rioting and destruction of property, when the people involved were likely crossing back and forth between both groups. And I wouldn't have had a problem with the government taking down Bundy an his supporters. There's a cadre out west who thinks the government has no right to control the vast amount of land still owned by the feds. That's at the root of the Bundy incident. I don't subscribe to that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    I'm not sure if you intended this factoid to discredit the history of gun control, but I think it highlights something else.

In many of these similar issues - gun rights, Second Amendment, big government - there's a thread that seems to link disparate viewpoints. Maybe racism.

Libertarians and the Far Right are up in arms about IRS abuses. It's a well known fact that black people are lazy, and pay no taxes.

Their response to police abuses is much more muted. Paramilitary tactics are justified to maintain order. Yet to a person "concerned" about the intrusion of government, what better example could their be than police overreach?

Contrast the response of the Right to what happened in Ferguson to what happened with Cliven Bundy in Nevada. Federal officers were threatened with firearms, verbal threats to use them were made publicly. No response. As far as I know, no one was even arrested.

Oh please, learn the language.

I didn't accuse you of racism. I said this factoid and it. They refer to an object, in this case, the history of gun control.

And I said I didn't know why you chose to bring up the roots of gun control in NYS. Why did you? If it was to show the link to racism, then it's really my side of the argument, isn't it?

And I wouldn't have had a problem with the government taking down Bundy an his supporters. There's a cadre out west who thinks the government has no right to control the vast amount of land still owned by the feds. That's at the root of the Bundy incident. I don't subscribe to that.
    See above.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314