Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: South End Side of Battery Park City

Quote Originally Posted by Cammie View Post
    The bottom line, we have laws in this city - and nobody is enforcing them - especially not PEP. They are NO PLACE to be seen.
    I see you've changed your bottom line from post #17, when the problem was BPC, not the city.

The "hell" you mentioned earlier is depicted in those photos? Wait, let me get my glasses. Oh, there they are. I thought you might at least have found a nice juicy turd, maybe with a footprint in it.

Oh, the humanity.

How about we have ALL dogs restricted to the dog-run. That should make you happy. Of course, we'll have to make them bigger. WOOF-WOOF.

It's been fun. Try to relax and enjoy life. Or you might measure it in dog-years.

You live in one of the largest cities in the world, if you actually expect there to be an enforcement of laws on the level of what your pictures you are showing, you are absolutely delusional.

Maybe small town life is what you are looking for; you won't find that in New York.

I would suggest Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by fioco View Post
    I would suggest Singapore.
    the face of new york is changing. native new yorkers cant afford new york anymore. it's the europeans and asians that are keeping the real estate market afloat

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/1...n_n_77808.html

http://www.propertywire.com/news/asi...911093660.html

Two and a half year old article. No wonder you're stuck with an apartment.

Things change constantly. I remember back when the Japanese were going to own Manhattan.

Nothing will be allowed down there soon . Sad will be the day if NYC becomes devoid of the joy of watching children playing in water when it's hot.

Battery Park City Parent Vows to Break Park Rules!

May 27, 2010, by Joey

Like other new parks or park-like things (CaVaLa, the High Line, etc.), Battery Park City's Teardrop Park South has a fun water feature that on a hot afternoon can prove very tempting. So what happens when poor, innocent, overheating children with few publicly accessible swimming pools try to take advantage of this new neighborhood amenity? This:
    Went to the new Teardrop Park South yesterday with my kids. Super tiny space, but the water features are pretty awesome. The rushing stream, in particular, was super appealing in the 90-degree heat. We were the only people there and, after about 20 minutes of water play, a guy in a BPC polo comes rushing over, speaking into his Nextel phone, and tells us that we have to get out of the water. The stream is apparently only for passive viewing. Never mind that there wasn't another soul in the area, aren't any signs regarding appropriate use, and the damned thing is so refreshing you just HAVE to splash in it. I've decided this is going to be my piece of civil disobedience for the summer.
    For Battery Park City, this counts as all-out rebellion, so who vows to stand with our brave freedom fighter?

Teardrop Park South coverage [Curbed]

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2010/0...park_rules.php

Control freaks everywhere these days. 90 degrees out and they don't let kids get wet in a fountain???

I say ignore the rent-a-cops. Wait until the real cops come and then laugh about it.

The War of Dogs

This letter to the editor appeared recently in the Broadsheet

To the editor:

What's up with the Kowsky Plaza dog run? Over the last month I have been awakened many mornings between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. by a woman with her two, large barking dogs in that park. I have complained to the PEP officer headquarters, as well as to Battery Park City Authority VP of Community Relations Leticia Remauro. Not much of anything has been done to stop this problem.

There are no posted hours of operation - this is a 24-hour dog run. People responsible for this run are expecting the people who visit the park to be considerate of their neighbors at Gateway. I've been in this apartment for 15 years and there has never been a problem until just recently.

The only action that has been taken to date is that a guard has been posted near the run early in the morning to monitor the situation. When this woman arrives (also a Gateway resident), it appears that her dogs are allowed to bark for at least 10 minutes before she is asked to leave. She has responded to this by making barking noises herself at the Gateway buildings.

I don't work till later in the day. I, therefore, sleep in during the early morning hours. However, once these dogs start barking, I'm awake and can't seem to get back to sleep. After 10 minutes of loud, disruptive noise it's difficult to relax and fall asleep again. I'm losing an hour or more of sleep several days a week unless I keep my windows closed and wear ear plugs. It's the summer and I would like to be able to have my windows open and not have my quality of life compromised by this very inconsiderate woman.

Her dogs are aggressive and have attacked other dogs in that run, in addition to her noise disruption in the early morning. The BPCA is aware of her and her aggressive dogs yet action against her has been slow to materialize.

If no action is going to be taken to restrict this woman from the park, I would like to see the park open at 7 a.m. I don't understand why other people have to suffer because of one woman who doesn't seem to want to cooperate with anyone. I hope that other people who are being inconvenienced by this loud barking during the early morning will call the PEP officers at 212-417-3100 and express their feelings. -

(Name withheld at writer's request)

A neighbor told me that she knows of this woman, and doesn't doubt that she barks at the building. She has three dogs, and what she does early in the morning is leave them alone in the dog run while she goes off to buy coffee. Naturally, they bark while she's gone.

Supposedly, she was issued a summons by the Parkies. Not sure, but there may be a law against leaving a pet unattended on public property.

I may have to get up early one day and check this out.

Not that I need to mention it, but: Photos Please. Many of them.

http://www.themorningnews.org/archiv...enthusiasm.php

its pointless to talk/argue about this as new yorkers love the smell and sight of dogs' feces and urine. i believe the walkway from west thames street to battery place was constructed as dogs' toilet. probably it's just me. i just cant 100% appreciate the effort and money wasted trying to make the place beautiful when i see the streets/walkways stained with pee. i bow.

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    Not that I need to mention it, but: Photos Please. Many of them.
    you dont need pictures. just go there in the morning and see for yourself. i have, but wont bother. not worth the while. cant argue with filthy people

I think Lofter wants to see the Barking Lady.

We've already seen the little [shit] pictures.

Thumbs up The Barking Lady of BPC

Vid of the Barking Lady would get a big thumbs up.

(I hear that Stephen Sondheim is working her into his new show)

Thumbs up Crate training your puppy or adult dog; dog pads

To keep BPC clean, beautiful, free from pollution from dog's excrements, spot-free from dog's urine and most of all clean air..DOG OWNERS, PLEASE USE THE BELOW

http://www.siriusweb.com/AAD/crate.html

http://www.target.com/Arm-Hammer-Adu.../dp/B001KYRQXE

http://www.ugodog.net/

http://www.petstreetmall.com/Dog-Dia...-Pads/455.html
    Last edited by iluvbpc; August 19th, 2010 at 01:04 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast