Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: South End Side of Battery Park City

Default South End Side of Battery Park City

Just moved in to one of the new devs in the Southend side of BPC. I was amazed by the beauty of the place, and the endless potential that it has to offer. I find this the best place in Manhattan - like living in an exclusive, classy place. But wait, every morning on my way to work, I see a lot of dog poo and pee scattered on the streets. The place stinks. So many dog lovers who let their best friends terrorize the place with poo and pee - disgusting. There should be an ordinance that gives hefty penalty for those dog owners who dont want to clean after their dogs.
    Lots of trashy people infiltrated the area.

There is - it's $200 (but get a cop to enforce it...)

Default Reeks of Dog Pee and Poo

Well, I guess BPC residents love the smell of their dogs' excrements that they want everyone to smell them. Majority pick up the poo, but there are some who let the street to be their dogs' toilet.

No one cleans the pee. They should at least bring a gallon of water to wash it. The place really reeks of the smell of dogs' pee. The air is so terrible.

Just bought my place, and i want to sell it right away because of this. But I dont think I could with today's market. I guess I will have to suffer.

if the dumb dog owners would direct Fido to the curb / gutter then the pee smell would be washed away and mitigated to a great degree.

Who's the Master?

Quote Originally Posted by garay View Post
    No one cleans the pee.
    What dog owners anywhere in Manhattan clean the pee? Some of the buildings do wash down the sidewalks frequently.

The place really reeks of the smell of dogs' pee. The air is so terrible.
    What location are you talking about?

Tell a Parkie. The NYPD can't be bothered, but Parkies welcome the opportunity to practice law enforcement.

The only place in the entire neighborhood where the ""air was so terrible" was Murray St at the ballfields, when everything, including the ballfields, was an empty lot. There weren't any dogs, but limos for the WFC used to park there all day. On a sunny day in August, your hair would fall out.

The thing that bothers me most is dog shit after a snowfall. Seems some people think that pickup is suspended because the turds aren't touching the ground. But it's no worse than anywhere else; probably cleaner than most.

Just bought my place, and i want to sell it right away because of this.
    Are you serious? Having lived here for a long time, I can only view your statement as hyperbole.

Where did you live before, Iowa?

Oh wait, nevermind. Cowpies.

What dog owners anywhere in Manhattan clean the pee?
    I Do !
    I carry a squirt bottle with some
    detergent water.
    I also don't let my dog urinate anywhere but on the
    curb (however he sometimes marks a garbage can while waiting for a light).
    If a person can't properly train their pet (or themselves)
    to follow the rules they shouldn't have one.
    It's the clueless owners fault- not the pets

That snow business really irks me too

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post

Oh wait, nevermind. Cowpies.
    No, that's Texas

... in Iowa it's Hog poop.

Smells like money.

there's one episode in The Forensic File about unexplained deaths of Navajo Indians in Nevada. After years of investigation, it came down to the toxic air in a spefic area. They found out that the dried pee of rodents made the air so toxic that it caused damage to the lungs and eventual death.

I just hope that the dried dog pee which for sure is in the air that we breath is not as toxic.
    For sure the dog pee is now in our houses. Whenever we step on the pavement, the germs attach themselves on the sole of our shoes/sandals.

I dont think I'm asking for too much. If you are a dog masters/owners and your walk your dogs for their daily routine, do the the following: Dog Poo: bring plastic bag and pick it up (majority do, but there are still some hillbillies who dont. probably they are so used to hog/cow poos back to where they came from). Dog Pee: bring a gallon of water preferably with detergent, make your dog pee on the curb and then wash afterwards). BPC will remain clean and beautiful. No extra money required to clean the community.

I have lived here for 17 year in Battery Park City. Rules around dogs used to be very strictly enforced. At one point the PEP Police took things too far and were really harassing people (around 2003). The Dog Owners Association had formed in the 90s to combat the "no dogs on the esplanade mandate" and they fought back against the PEP and the BPCA and WON. As a result, we now have dog anarchy. I can't stand the people with the (HUGE) dogs who walk them on the building side of the sidewalk - rather than the curb- and let them pee across the whole sidewalk. The PEP Police don't even come over to this side of BPCA. The grass in front of Little West Street have signs "no dogs" and I have confronted dog owners who allow their dogs to pee on that area - even on the sign! They are so ignorant it disgusts me. Share you disgust with Leticia Remauro the BPCA Community Liaison leticia.remauro@batteryparkcity.org. And hey - GOOD LUCK with that!

i believe each dog should be registered, and the dog owners should pay monthly fee for each dog. The fee should be used to clean the dog poo littered and pee stained streets everyday. Everyone should enjoy the place without having to deal with this. I want to walk, bike, skates, run in a clean environment. I want to enjoy it without feeling disgusted. Everyone knows that BPC is not a cheap place to live in. What is this, I'm paying premium just to be amongst dogs and their excrements.

Singapore and Germany

Oh wait, nevermind. Cowpies.[/QUOTE]

Littered free streets, disciplined people. Take pride of how beautiful their place is.

Picking up after pigs doesn't solve the problem. Fining them will. The PEP police need to put the donuts down and come out of their office and enforce the law- they are already getting paid a lot of money to do that. The dog owners association - made up of a lot of people from the lower end real estate- have taken over the neighborhood. We need to take it back or it will negatively affect our property values.

Oh this would never go down in Singapore or Germany - but especially Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvbpc View Post
    I just hope that the dried dog pee which for sure is in the air that we breath is not as toxic.
    For sure the dog pee is now in our houses. Whenever we step on the pavement, the germs attach themselves on the sole of our shoes/sandals.
    Amazing that humanity ever made it past the horse & carriage.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast