Thread: Miller Park, Milwaukee [Brewers]

Default Miller Park, Milwaukee [Brewers]

The new baseball stadiums of NYC have given me an interest of baseball stadiums to the level of downright enthallment. This comes from the fact that each stadium has its own characteristics and details that are tied to the team itself. I will try to make it a hobby of mine to visit the closest stadiums to the places I have to travel.

Miller park has a very distint archtiectural feature for a retracctable stadium in that the roof is in what is called a fan-shaped covertible roof. Like many baseball stadiums it pays tribute to the facade of the now-defunct Ebbets Field. (At one point they actually considered building an exact replica of Ebbets)

Unlike the local National Leage team here in NYC, the stadium is pridefully endowed with the teams colors and tags.

From the outfield looking in. Roof open

Roof closed.

(cont...)

Concourses. Very wide and spacious, optimal standing room locations. One of the appealing characteristics of the concourse is how all of the structural elements of the stadium and its staiscases are open an in no way enclosed

But, unfortunately the sides of the upper deck concourse that face outside are closed off with glass....should have left it open for optimal airflow.

Views of standing room right bewhind homeplate.

Down the right field foul line....

Bleacher seats...

(cont...)
    Last edited by TREPYE; March 22nd, 2010 at 07:38 PM.

In what has to be the best view of the most impressive architectural featuere of this this stadium, the roof right above the infield. Its contextual angling pays tribute to the diamond, thereby rendering it one of the sickest views to homeplate I have seen to date in a stadium. The roof looks even more dramatic in person cuz it is so enourmous. Impressive engineering!

From right...

From left...

Cute blonde , roof at night...

Right under the opposite side of the above pics...

(cont...)

Bernie the Brewer and his Slide!!

Unfortunately next to Bernies Slide are horribly obstructed views....

Windows down the baseline and outfield open and close...

Stadium at night...

Great, quirky post. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks, Trepye, and will look forward to the rest of the series.

I was afraid that the retro-parks would end up looking the same, but the different field dimensions and building technology has made them individual again, like when they had to fit within city streets.

Before the cookie-cutter 70s, I had been to several doomed parks. Lived near Forbes Field in Pittsburgh.

Like to check out PNC Park. Nice city view beyond the outfield. And Safeco Field.

Trepye, have you been there?

It definitely has its own character. And that roof is pretty sick. Very cool, Trepye.

Thanks guys.

I have been dying to go to PNC but the 8hr drive to Pittsburg is a real drag; but the damn thing makes me salivate as an architectural buff. I will hopefully get Safeco this spring, stay tuned. I got tickets to Fenway for August 20th and really looking forward to it.

The only stadiums I have been to besides the NYC ones are Jacobs Field in Cleveland and the one described in this thread.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    I was afraid that the retro-parks would end up looking the same, but the different field dimensions and building technology has made them individual again, like when they had to fit within city streets.

I think Clem's Baseball may be of interest to you.

The graphics are drawn to the same scale, and usually in the same position, from page to page - so you can toggle between browser tabs and see differences in layout.

Also, major renovations and replacement stadiums are shown on the same page. Here's Milwaukee County Stadium. Roll mouse over the dates to see changes. Also compares the Braves new home in Atlanta and the Miller Park replacement for the Brewers.

Miller Park page.

Thumbs up

Great pictures! I sure as hell would love to see Miller Park.

In their very nice ballpark, the Milwaukee Brewers so far have a record of 4-14.

They don't have the worst record in baseball, but that's the worst home record. And they're the only team with a losing record at home that's playing at least .500 ball on the road.

Love that hotel cookin'

fantastic piece of architecture, love it how it marries the style with engineering.