Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Security Center (VSC) at World Trade Center

Quote Originally Posted by IrishInNYC View Post
    If one were so inclined I could take that as abuse and ask for you to be banned. Lucky for you, I still pity you.
    you should know by the screen name i'm joking.

^
    Screen names mean nothing; we know nothing about you, so we take you by what you post.

The post was an insult.

you should know by the screen name i'm joking.
    maybe if your name was Andrew Dice, or Lisa Lampanelli...but still a rude, uncalled for insult.

@Irish in NYC: I apologize sincerely about the Irish stereotype.

Apology accepted. Moving on...

Can someone please explain what the gap between 5WTC and the elevated park will contain?

Do you mean the new St Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church that's supposed to be built on top of the spiral parking ramp?

Quote Originally Posted by Merry View Post

Last edited by Music Man; March 15th, 2013 at 08:51 PM.

I think he means the tower that is just blank massing on the left. My understanding was that the tower was to abut the park and actually have entrances directly to it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoldanTTLB View Post
    I think he means the tower that is just blank massing on the left. My understanding was that the tower was to abut the park and actually have entrances directly to it.
    Yeah, 5WTC, the building to the left of the park. I was wondering what would fill the gap between the two. I was hoping for a bridge connecting the park to the lobby's upper level.

Quote Originally Posted by Music Man View Post
    Do you mean the new St Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church that's supposed to be built on top of the spiral parking ramp?
    It would have been nice if the adjacent street were closed to traffic, and grand staircases, interspersed at various points with waterfalls, were built. It could have Been NY's Spanish Steps.

^Instead it will be the busiest, dirtiest street in the entire area with buses and trucks backed up and idling as they wait to enter the VSC.

That sucks. Is that Liberty which is on the north side of this POS?

Correct.

Is this part of the VSC or the start of St Nicholas?

Must be the base of the church (unless it's part of the stairway / ramp structure for the park area).

Or the foundation for the Sphere.