Thread: Eventi Klimpton in Chelsea *OR* Four Points Sheraton in SoHo???

Default Eventi Klimpton in Chelsea *OR* Four Points Sheraton in SoHo???

If you had the option of staying at either of these hotels for the same price, which would you chose and why??

I need to make a decision ASAP as I'm driving into town on Thursday and need to finalize my reservations. I can get discounted rates at either of these properties, but as I never trust online photos (they always show the newest renovated suites and not standard guest rooms) and reviews are about equal... I'm not sure which would offer the most comfort, ammeneties, luxury, value, etc.

Any suggestions or advice with this decision?

Thanks!

Klimpton building is still under construction (at least on the upper floors and in retail areas -- and not sure the amenities are available), if that makes any difference. You should call and ask what's the situation there before booking for real.

Four Points Soho won't have much in the way of luxe amenities, but the street is really quiet so there won't be much city noise.

Thanks, I'm already booked at the Four Points but I have a basic King room and from all I've heard... the emphasis is indeed on basic. Reviews suggest that the room sizes are tiny with not much space to accomodate more then the bed itself.

I can get an equaivalent rate through my company at the new Eventi which from the website and photos looks much nicer, but I didn't realize the building was still under construction. I guess I'll call tomorrow to inquire about this.

Barring the work they're doing on the building and potential noise issues, is the Eventi a much nicer and more luxurious hotel than the F.P. Sheraton SoHo?

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Eventi is a central location, and they won't be doing construction at night.

As to the hotel itself... can anyone comment on the two in terms of rooms, space, etc?

Which would YOU rather stay at if given the choice?

I'll be with my gf and would prefer a nicer, more romantic atmosphere which I guess neither are really full of, but at these price points in NYC my expectations aren't soaring... I just want to know which of the two offers the most so I can decide if it's worth altering my res.

You might have better luck asking on the thorn tree at lonely planet.

Forget the Eventi, I'd NEVER book there based on the communications I just had with the bozos in reservations! I just called based on this promo that I came across online and was connected with some uninterested and bored sounding teenager who had no clue what I was talking about nor any incentive to look into this for me. I asked to be transferred to the front desk as I was speaking with a service rep on a central line, and the desk transferred me right back to a really rude lade who informed that the rates were all taken and the lowest current rooms were going for $400/night. When I told her that we already had reservations booked through unmatched corporate rates at another hotel and were simply hoping to take advantage of the promo offer as we were interested in visiting their new hotel, she basically hung up on me! Inbetween getting transferred back and forth and being left on hold for nearly 15 minutes, obnoxious rap music blared out of the receiver. It's clear to me what kind of maroons are running this hotel, and for my money I wouldn't want any part of it! Talk about first impressions...

It always amazes me in this economy that this happens.

Well, Finkster, you answered your own question.

Banned Member

A Kimpton hotel is head and shoulders above Four-Points.