Thread: Locked out...

Default Locked out...

Oh this is just insane.

I came into the office this evening to work on material that has to be finished for tommorrow. An illustration of a rabbit on a tightrope.

It's 2 AM and I'm calling it quits. I leave the office to go home. My apt. is in the same building as the office. (I have a 3 minute commute in the morning.)

I get to my apartment... and the lock will not turn. It's stuck.

My next-door neighbor heard me fooling with the door and came out in his underwear to ask what was going on.

Very nice body btw. The tattoos, not so much.

Then he fooled with door.

Stuck.

Then we got a ladder from the building's utility room. (15th century utility room, I might add). I had the bright idea of climbing over the garden wall that separates our apartments. Me Lucy...you Ethel.

Then I'd let myself in from the garden.

But you have to understand... and I'm not joking...in April I fell at a construction sight and broke my upper arm and dislocated my shoulder. I have to be at my physical therapy appointment tomorrow morning...er this morning... at 8.30.

I got to the last step of the ladder and thought...you know....considering everything... this might not be such a great idea.

So here I am back in the office waiting for sunrise. I'm going out for coffee...there's a dive-bar nearby...the only 24 hour bar in town. I hope it's open on Sunday night. I'll work a little bit more... then doze in this chair. Or at least try to.

At least you have coffee. When I do that I have to go up on my roof and climb down an old 20' straight + narrow fire escape ladder and then climb over the railing onto the 5th Floor ledge (~ 65' down to the side walk) and climb in the unlocked window. hate that.

^ I did that once to get a glimpse of William Holden.

----

So at around 6.30 am, I freshened myself in the office bathroom like ....as we say here in Italy....an old French whore.

Before going out for my usual breakfast (flat bread and diluted espresso... no milk, no sugar) I tried the apartment door again. This time I just stood there and banged and banged on the lock.

And it became unstuck.

Blame it on the humidity.

Global Warming.......

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    An illustration of a rabbit on a tightrope.
    Can we see this illustration when you are done?

As it's for a client and not being published until September, sent it to you in a PM.

Let me know.

BR: Thanks!