Page 105 of 114 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1708

Thread: Harrison Redevelopment

Cool Quick Update

Here's a snapshot of a few active construction projects. I'll post some photos of the others (Steel Works II, One Harrison Ave, The Hub, and Vermella West) once they've gone vertical.

Urby Phase II
    (Piling for the parking structure is almost complete on the left, and you can see steel and and elevator/stair tower starting to rise on the right).

730-738 Harrison Ave

412 Harrison Ave
    (I'm not sure what's going on here, but they're clearly doing some facade restoration work and they've apparently busted through the concrete that was filling in former retail window areas, presumably to restore to retail use).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1294.jpg 
Views:	852 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	18363   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1296.jpg 
Views:	921 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	18364   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1302.jpg 
Views:	929 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	18365  
    Last edited by West Hudson; September 30th, 2017 at 07:45 PM.

Thumbs up Enhanced Hub Rendering Released

The rendering below shows one of the two buildings currently under construction. This project is going to look gorgeous when it's complete (especially the sections with arched windows). Courtesy of NK Architects via RE-NJ.com:

Name:	Hub-at-Harrison-Station-e1502708430269.jpg 
Views:	744 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	18366  
    Last edited by West Hudson; October 15th, 2017 at 11:39 PM.

Thumbs up Massive New Mixed-Use District Planned

This will be between Advance/Debartolo's Riverbend and the Northeast Corridor, on land where several warehouses have been demolished in the last few years. It looks like the Harrison Redevelopment Agency will construct a second massive parking garage twice as large as Harrison Parking Center or two more that are about the same size as the first (to contain over 3,100 parking spaces in total). And both a large promenade leading to the Arena and a traffic circle will be included in the redevelopment (there will be a traffic circle in the Hub community as well).

Supor Gets Super Deal

18 OCTOBER 2017 BY RON LEIR | OBSERVER CORRESPONDENT
    HARRISON —
    Municipal officials have put into motion plans to build a mixed-use project on the last major vacant section of its waterfront redevelopment area.

On Oct. 3, the mayor and Town Council voted to execute a redevelopment agreement with local industrial park owner Joseph Supor for construction of residential and commercial buildings, primarily at 1000 Frank E. Rodgers Boulevard S. and 600 Guyon Drive.

A parcel at 913 Frank E. Rodgers Boulevard S. may also be included as part of the project.

Part of the deal calls for development of additional deck parking north of Guyon which, officials say, should help solve recurring requests by Red Bull for adequate parking for Arena patrons.

But that arrangement — along with the redevelopment agreement itself — is conditioned on the retirement of bonds issued by the Hudson County Improvement Authority (HCIA) for construction of the Harrison Parking Center garage and issuance of new bonds by the Harrison Redevelopment Agency (HRA).

When those conditions are met, the HCIA would be released from any further financial obligations linked to the garage bonds and the HRA would take over those obligations, with the Town of Harrison acting as guarantor of those debts.

Unless those financial requirements are achieved within the next six months, the redevelopment agreement would be scrapped but officials are confident that the conditions will be met.

Meanwhile, Harrison anticipates that Supor will be filing an application for site-plan review with the municipal Planning Board providing architectural and engineering specifications for the project.

As articulated in the conceptual redevelopment agreement approved by the Harrison governing body, Supor — depending on real estate negotiations with the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey — will develop one of the two following scenarios:

• Option A calls for 316,300 square-feet of commercial office space, 161,600 square-feet of ground-floor retail, 115,600 square-feet of self-storage space, 752,000 square-feet of residential for 894 apartments and 1,342,500 square-feet of structured parking with 3,805 parking spaces.

• Option B would provide for 230,700 square-feet of commercial office space, 153,000 square-feet of ground-floor retail, 115,600 square-feet of self-storage space, 752,000 square-feet of residential for 894 apartments and 1,170,500 square-feet of structured parking with 3,278 parking spaces.

In either scenario, the mixed uses would be divided among 10 buildings varying in size, from five to 25 stories, and developed in 11 phases spread between June 30, 2019, and Sept. 30, 2032.

Also in both scenarios, there are plans for “60-foot-wide dedicated pedestrian corridor” that would connect the Harrison PATH station with the Red Bull Arena.
    Additionally, there would be an interior “ring road, which will loop in a counter-clockwise direction from the eastern portion of Guyon [which] will require minor redistribution of land ownership …”

Plus, the Harrison Waterfront Redevelopment Plan would have to be amended “to allow residential and mixed-use [projects] to be permitted north of Guyon Drive, bounded by Frank E. Rodgers Boulevard to the west, Pete Higgins Boulevard to the east and the Amtrak rail easement to the north. Additionally, permitted building heights for these structures will need to be amended.”

It is anticipated that the redeveloper will apply for a PILOT (payment in lieu of taxation) agreement with the town, much as the other waterfront redevelopers have done.
    No annual revenue projections have been made under either a scenario of full taxation or abated taxes.

Meanwhile, in another real estate-related matter, the mayor and Town Council voted Oct. 3 to introduce an ordinance to enter into a financial agreement with Heller Urban Renewal LLC for 700 Frank E. Rodgers Boulevard S. which is targeted for construction of “at least 640 residential units and approximately 16,600 square-feet of retail space within five buildings.”

As part of the project, Heller is to construct “an extension of Cifelli Drive to connect to Fifth St., thereby improving traffic circulation in the town.”
    Under a long-term PILOT agreement approved by the town Sept. 5, the redeveloper will pay Harrison “at least $812,118 per year upon completion of Phase 1 and upon completion of all buildings … in excess of $2.3 million.”

Link:
    http://www.theobserver.com/2017/10/supor-gets-super-deal/

Last edited by West Hudson; October 18th, 2017 at 09:17 PM.

I do not know why anyone would spend a great deal of money renovating a building (412 Harrison Avenue) so it could remain a storage facility. This building could have been renovated and turned into luxury condos or apartments, but what do I know ?

Default Around town

@dennis200dz You are absolutely right, it is kinda bizarre that they're spending so much on renovations: Extra Space Storage owns the property according to the tax records, so they're keeping it a storage facility, and ESS is not known to rent out space for retail. But I will say, that space has never looked better.

This is the space in 2013, image courtesy of Google Maps.

And this is the space today. I hope they have big plans but we'll see.

While I'm out here, remember the building that housed Pepe's BBQ on 600 FER BLVD N & Davis St that caught on fire 3 years ago?

Looks like they fully rebuilt on that property and it looks great. But it does look a bit doctor's officey.

And finally, in addition to tbal's Golden Brick pic, here's another angle of its construction. It's moving up fast.

Wow, I have never seen the explosion video before. That was incredible. I note that the smaller building next to the larger brick building was also part of the Pepe BBQ Site. The first building was built quite quickly after the fire and explosion.

The Supor Deal is great news for the Town of Harrison. Construction is really booming in town. I take it that a great deal of this construction is occurring near the Panasonic Building.

On another topic, is there going to be an Urby Phase 3 on the large parking lot across from the Urby Phase 1 Building.

Wow. The Extra Space Storage building looks GREAT. It's unfortunate that they're not converting it to loft apartments or condos...I'm sure if they did the building would've attracted alot of attention. They recently opened an 'integrated' facility in Westwood that's similarly designed to blend into their main street. I'm not sure what their motivation is here, but it's certainly nice to see the improved building.

Regarding the lots across from Urby, the site that wraps Harrison Parking Center was originally supposed to contain condos. I remember way back seeing a goal of 150 condos, but more recently, the number I've seen is 100. I'm not sure if they're planning larger units now or if they're planning on splitting the site to house two buildings (condo and rental or hotel?) instead of just one.

The site across Cifelli Drive is supposed to hold a building that looks very different from Urby, and on the right side of the rendering below, you can see signage on it that reads "18". I'm not sure if it's supposed to be the start of another brand for Ironstate or just the name of the building, but you can see that the facade along Ciffeli stretches from a section with a single column of windows to one with eight columns of windows, so I'm thinking it's just the proposed name. I can't wait to see this one go up - it's really going to add dimension to the neighborhood and enhance the unique character of the town.

Hopefully Ironstate/Pegasus come up with another interesting building design for the Geochem site.
    Last edited by West Hudson; October 22nd, 2017 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis200dz View Post
    The Supor Deal is great news for the Town of Harrison. Construction is really booming in town. I take it that a great deal of this construction is occurring near the Panasonic Building.
    I really like that a local company is getting in on the action. But I'm not aware of how Supor does outside their main area of focus which is trucking and hauling. Apparently they also bought the Goodwill site on Supor Blvd, which is one of many Goodwill sites in the tri-state closing at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by section08 View Post
    I really like that a local company is getting in on the action. But I'm not aware of how Supor does outside their main area of focus which is trucking and hauling. Apparently they also bought the Goodwill site on Supor Blvd, which is one of many Goodwill sites in the tri-state closing at the end of the year.
    That whole area around Supor Blvd is the next big redevelopment zone. So much potential for that area with loft conversions & redevelopment of parking lots/replacement of old warehouses with master-planned development. There are a handful of really nice buildings there that would be great for repurposing.

Default Marriott Hotel

Does anyone know the status of the proposed Marriott Hotel that was supposed to be built near Red Bull Stadium ?

Also, when is the new PATH Station due to be completed ? I assume that after completion of construction, the old station will be torn down.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis200dz View Post
    Does anyone know the status of the proposed Marriott Hotel that was supposed to be built near Red Bull Stadium ?

Also, when is the new PATH Station due to be completed ? I assume that after completion of construction, the old station will be torn down.
    I'm not sure about the Marriott Hotel.

The new west bound head-house currently under construction is suppose to open in the 2nd quarter of 2018 and the east bound head-house is suppose to open in 1st quarter of 2019. I haven't heard any time table on replacing the historic Pennsylvania R.R. head-house.

http://www.panynj.gov/path/station-redevelopment.html

The AC by Marriott was cancelled

Thumbs up Construction Update (Part 1)

Train Station
    We have some signage!

730-738 Harrison Ave
    Not alot of progress, but the inner foundation/footings are coming together.

238 Harrison Ave
    This building had looked abandoned for years. It's finally being revamped.

(Before)

(Current)

Cape May Street Park
    Looks like about 10' of soil is being removed, trucked away, and replaced with clean soil.

Urby Phase II
    The first floor is about halfway complete and stair towers are coming together.

Harrison Commons South Parking Structure
    Foundation is about halfway complete.

Name:	IMAG1330.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	18370   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1388.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	18371   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1396a.jpg 
Views:	509 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	18381   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1349_1.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	18380   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1332.jpg 
Views:	500 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	18393  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1353.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	18383   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1353a.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	18382   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1352.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	18376   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1397.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	18377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1331.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	18378  

Last edited by West Hudson; October 28th, 2017 at 05:48 PM.

Default Construction Update (Part 2)

Steel Works I
    Crowd control barrier and awnings have finally been put in.

Steel Works II
    It looks like this will have a slightly different design than Steel Works I, with some large bump outs along Cape May Street and a black/gray/charcoal color scheme (there's a mock-up onsite with these colors).

The Hub
    Most infrastructure and footings are in place.

Name:	IMAG1347.jpg 
Views:	448 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	18386   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1393.jpg 
Views:	511 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	18385   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1392.jpg 
Views:	529 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	18384   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1335.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	18387   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1339_1.jpg 
Views:	500 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	18388  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1342.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	18389   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1325.jpg 
Views:	471 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	18390   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1326.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	18391   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1350a.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	18392