Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106
Results 1,576 to 1,589 of 1589

Thread: Harrison Redevelopment

Thumbs up Construction Update (Part 3)

One Harrison Avenue
    The garage floor slab is about halfway done, and columns/struts for the second floor slab are starting to go up.

...and a few bonus streetscape photos:

Harrison Commons Streetscape

Riverbend Streetscape

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1357.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	18394   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1365_1.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	18395   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1367_1.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	18396   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1361.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	18397   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1371_1.jpg 
Views:	511 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	18398  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1383.jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	18399   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1344.jpg 
Views:	508 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	18400  
    Last edited by West Hudson; October 28th, 2017 at 06:43 PM.

Default Anyone know what is going on ?

On Friday, I noticed that that two large construction equipment vehicles were smoothing out soil on the lot across from Urby and behind the gray and brown apartment building built by Fields. I was wondering whether construction was going to begin on this lot or whether the area was going to be paved over as a temporary parking lot. I thought perhaps that construction was going to begin on the parking lot behind the Fields Building, and a new temporary parking lot was going to replace the parking lot behind the Fields Building. Does anyone know what is going on ?

I believe they're expanding the temporary surface lot on the Building 4 site. I think the next building to go up after the second phase of Urby is complete will be the condo building wrapping around Harrison Parking Center, next to Element.

Quote Originally Posted by West Hudson View Post
    I believe they're expanding the temporary surface lot on the Building 4 site. I think the next building to go up after the second phase of Urby is complete will be the condo building wrapping around Harrison Parking Center, next to Element.
    West Hudson, it seems that this condo wrap around building has been on the “drawing board” for quite a few years now. It will be interesting to see more condos built in town. I think that we need more condos in town.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis200dz View Post
    West Hudson, it seems that this condo wrap around building has been on the “drawing board” for quite a few years now. It will be interesting to see more condos built in town. I think that we need more condos in town.
    Agreed. And I wouldn't be surprised if Ironstate/Pegasus built condos instead of rentals in at least a couple of the buildings on the Geochem site. It's a more family-oriented neighborhood that's a bit quieter than the area around the station, so it would be a great location for more condo buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by West Hudson View Post
    Agreed. And I wouldn't be surprised if Ironstate/Pegasus built condos instead of rentals in at least a couple of the buildings on the Geochem site. It's a more family-oriented neighborhood that's a bit quieter than the area around the station, so it would be a great location for more condo buildings.
    West Hudson, do you think that we will see construction begin at the Geochem Site sometime in 2018 ? Also, have architectural designs pictures been done ? I wonder if the new construction will look like the Urby Buiding ?

West Hudson, do you think that we will see construction begin at the Geochem Site sometime in 2018 ? Also, have architectural designs pictures been done ? I wonder if the new construction will look like the Urby Buiding ?
    My guesses for ground breakings are:

2018: Harrison Commons building 2B (7 stories, next to Element hotel)
    2019: Harrison Commons building 4 (5 stories, across Cifelli from Urby)
    2020: First phase of Geochem site redevelopment

I think they're going to want to wait until those other buildings are complete so that they can maximize their profit on the buildings built on the Geochem site (since the redevelopment area will feel much more like a downtown then).

What I'd really like to know is if the town is trying to negotiate a sale or redevelopment of 700 First Street yet. Once that's redeveloped, Cifelli Drive will stretch all the way from First Street to FER Boulevard, and there will be a semi-circular park surrounded by retail/restaurants on First Street (similar to the beachfront town center at Pier Village in Long Branch, shown below):

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pier Village Center.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	18401  
    Last edited by West Hudson; November 10th, 2017 at 09:15 PM.

West Hudson, I really like the semi circular park. What is 700 First Street, is it currently a warehouse ? I have heard that there was some interesting urban redevelopment in Asbury Park and Long Branch etc.

Default Population Change in Harrison

The US Census completed in April 2010 showed that the population of Harrison was 13,620. On July 1, 2016, the population of Harrison was estimated to be 16,231 by the US Census Bureau. By the next census date of April 1, 2020, I would not be surprised if the population of Harrison reaches or exceeds 18,000. We are one of the fastest growing towns in New Jersey.

Amazingly, I read that since the last census, the population of Hudson County has increased by 50,000 and Hudson County is the fastest growing County in New Jersey. Population growth has essentially stopped in the exurban counties Sussex, Warren and Hunterson.

West Hudson, I really like the semi circular park. What is 700 First Street, is it currently a warehouse ? I have heard that there was some interesting urban redevelopment in Asbury Park and Long Branch etc.
    Me too. That park will benefit two large new communities (Harrison Commons & Riverpark/Water's Edge) and alot of long-time residents. The 700 First Street site is along Railroad Ave next to the triangular commuter parking lot (between First & Second) Streets, and contains only two smaller (long) distribution buildings and alot of surface parking for trucks. Those buildings aren't worth alot compared to the hundreds of Class A residential units that could be built that site + a park that alot of residents would appreciate, and should be very easy to clear for redevelopment.

Ah Pizz opened this week...let's see if they can compete with Nino's.

-----JT-----

Thumbs up Update: Passaic Ave sites

I happened to be passing through the area and couldn't help but notice several stair and elevator towers now topped out at the Vermella West site, shown below. I also noticed that the smoke stack at the site across the street (where a Home Depot was proposed a decade ago and factory building was subsequently demolished) has been taken down. In the last photo below, the site of the second phase of Vermella West is shown.

Name:	IMAG1441.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	18402

Name:	IMAG1438.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	18403

Name:	IMAG1435.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	18404

Name:	IMAG1436.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	18405
    Last edited by West Hudson; November 18th, 2017 at 07:32 PM.

West Hudson, that is a huge construction site on Passaic Ave in Kearny. I wonder if Ed Russo is still going to build a second apartment complex in Harrison ? By the way, the New York Times just came out with an article entitled: Kearny NJ: Affordable and Ethnically Diverse. The NYT is really high on Kearny. The article is extensive with a series of photos.
    I have no problem with building a Home Depot across from this new housing complex, but the Town of Kearny could probably get more ratables by getting by having condos built on this site.

Given the large number of ready-for-development sites left in the town and Russo's familiarity with the market, I'd be very surprised if they didn't build another residential property in Harrison eventually.