Page 113 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1708

Thread: Harrison Redevelopment

  1. #1681
    Forum Veteran West Hudson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Jersey City/Harrison, NJ
    Posts
    1,733

    Thumbs up Town Gathers $7.5 Million for Waterfront Park

    If they use the funds wisely, this should make for a great public park, at no direct cost to Harrison's taxpayers:

    From tonight's Town Council agenda:

    Section 2. The financing for the above project shall be as follows:

    Land Acquisition -- NJDEP ONRR GRANT: $1,800,000.00
    Land acquisition -- NJDEP GREEN ACRES GRANT $825,000.00
    Land Acquisition -- HUDSON COUNTY OPEN SPACE $900,000.00
    Park Dev & Const.-- NJDEP ONRR GRANT $3,000,000.00
    Park Dev & Const.-- HUDSON COUNTY OPEN SPACE $ 654,000.00
    General – Capital Improvement Fund $321,000.00

    TOTAL $7,500,000.00

    Obviously, the primary beneficiaries of the park will be Red Bull Arena's owners as well as Advance Realty/DeBartolo Development (since their properties are immediately adjacent to the site), but this will still be a welcomed amenity for other residents who live a little further out. It took time for the town to get maximum funding from the state & county, and although I've been critical of how they've handled certain agreements/undertakings in the past, I think this is something our officials deserve alot of credit for.

    Link: http://townofharrisonnj.com/AgendaCe.../_12042018-244

  2. #1682
    Forum Veteran West Hudson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Jersey City/Harrison, NJ
    Posts
    1,733

    Default NOG Demo Almost Complete

    Demo of the last large factory building south of the NEC is wrapping up and at some point in 2019 I'd expect to see the first of several eight-story commuter parking structures start construction here.

    From Saturday:



    Separately, it seems like Ironstate is really close to breaking ground on Building 4, which will take the place of the temporary parking lot that was used by Harrison Commons residents until a few weeks ago when the new Urby garage opened. The lot has been completely empty since, and I'm sure that the development team wants to expand the neighborhood sooner than later to help make it a more desirable place to live and put upward pressure on rents.

    Building 4 is shown on the right in the pic below; in my opinion, this multi-colored cascading design is the most exciting proposal yet for Harrison since I've never seen a building like this anywhere else and the color scheme is warm and vibrant (and makes for a perfect contrast from the black/gray/white scheme of Urby).

    Last edited by West Hudson; December 10th, 2018 at 09:09 PM.

  3. #1683
    Jersey Patriot JCMAN320's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    4,444

    Thumbs up Cobalt Online

    Advance Realty, DeBartolo launch leasing at Cobalt Lofts in Harrison
    By Emily Bader
    Harrison | Dec 12, 2018 at 7:05 am


    Advance Realty/DeBartolo Development
    Cobalt Lofts in Harrison has officially opened for leasing.

    The partnership between Advance Realty and DeBartolo Development announced Tuesday it has launched leasing at its luxury residential building in Harrison.

    Cobalt Lofts, located at 1200 S. Fifth St. in Harrison’s Riverbend District, is comprised of 280 studio, one- and two-bedroom units as well as duplex lofts.

    “We’re excited to begin leasing at our second luxury residential building in Harrison and anticipate remarkable leasing interest throughout New Jersey and New York,” Peter J. Cocoziello, founder and CEO of Advance Realty, said. “Cobalt Lofts adds another one-of-a-kind community to the Riverbend District, a transit-oriented locale poised for continued growth.”

    Cobalt Lofts offers residents amenities including smart technology, including a built-in Amazon Echo Dot, pre-wired speakers and a Samsung Smarthings HUB, a fitness center, community working spaces, a private dining and wine tasting room, and a top-floor game room and lounge. It also has a parking garage and electric charging stations.

    “Every home at Cobalt Lofts is designed to be spacious and welcoming, and comes complete with modern, hard-to-find features such as a balcony, walk-in closets and voice-enabled technology,” Jackie Urgo, president of The Marketing Directors, said. “Combined with the building’s comprehensive suite of amenities, incredible access to public transportation and convenient location in the fast-growing Riverbend District, it offers some of the most unique and in-demand homes on the market today.”

    The property is within close access to the Harrison PATH station, the joint venture said.

    Emily Bader | ebader@roi-nj.com | emilybader

    http://www.roi-nj.com/2018/12/12/rea...s-in-harrison/

  4. #1684

    Default

    West Hudson, this is truly wonderful news for the Town of Harrison regarding the funding for the parks. I thank you for all of the postings you have made to this blog since you wisely started it in 2010. The Town of Harrison has come a long way since I moved here in 2009. Without this blog, I and others would have very little information on the redevelopment of the Town of Harrison, for this I thank you.

  5. #1685
    Forum Veteran West Hudson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Jersey City/Harrison, NJ
    Posts
    1,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis200dz View Post
    West Hudson, this is truly wonderful news for the Town of Harrison regarding the funding for the parks. I thank you for all of the postings you have made to this blog since you wisely started it in 2010. The Town of Harrison has come a long way since I moved here in 2009. Without this blog, I and others would have very little information on the redevelopment of the Town of Harrison, for this I thank you.
    Thanks dennis200dz....I'm always happy to contribute here. Also looking forward to potentially seeing some exciting construction starts this year (the Hub Phase II, Harrison Commons Building 4, and the Benjamin).

    -Tim

  6. #1686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by West Hudson View Post
    Thanks dennis200dz....I'm always happy to contribute here. Also looking forward to potentially seeing some exciting construction starts this year (the Hub Phase II, Harrison Commons Building 4, and the Benjamin).

    -Tim
    What is the Benjamin?

  7. #1687

    Default The Benjamin

    Quote Originally Posted by msands7 View Post
    What is the Benjamin?
    The Benjamin is the new residential complex going up along the Passaic River next to Waters Edge. It will be built on the old Geo Chem Site. This complex will be a "colorful edition" to the new residential property being built in Harrison. Note, that I said complex not building. The complex will be divided into two parts, and the only shared asset will be the swimming pool. Each of the two parts will have their own grounds and courtyard. The design is a bit controversial, but it will be very colorful. The building was named after President Benjamin Harrison. I could say that Benjamin Harrison was a rather mediocre Republican President from Ohio, but that statement would be rather redundant since all of the Republican Presidents out of Ohio were mediocre or both. I think that the name is a bit of a joke actually.

  8. #1688

    Default Hornrock: Why are you doing this to us ? What did we ever do to you ?

    I passed by the nearly finished Hornrock Building located at the corner of Harrison Avenue and Dey Streets several times late last week, and I was rather disgusted by what I saw. The workers were adding many more of those hideous black metal decorative medal things to the building. The new building already looked terrible with the first batch of the black metal monstrosities. It looks far worse now.

    I think that the Hornrock Construction is far and away the worse new residential construction project in Harrison. First, it is a far too large building for the site. Second, the addition of those hideous black medal things all over the building. Third, not enough space was allowed or planned between the Passaic River and the building. I call this project a failure although I am sure that the Town of Harrison will enjoy the taxes provided by this new ratable.

  9. #1689

    Default Construction Starting on Large Lot near Shoprite Kearny

    ​Extensive Excavation is now taking place at the large lot on Passaic Avenue in Kearny near the Shoprite. I do not know whether this is where the Lowes will be built, or whether this land is being developed for Ed Russo’s Vermella West Project, does anyone know ?

    Also, I noticed that excavation work is going on at the old automobile repair company site on Passaic Avenue in Harrison next to the Duncan Donuts and Popeyes Site. I suspect that this is environmental remediation before the property is torn down for some new construction project.

  10. #1690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis200dz View Post
    ​Extensive Excavation is now taking place at the large lot on Passaic Avenue in Kearny near the Shoprite. I do not know whether this is where the Lowes will be built, or whether this land is being developed for Ed Russo’s Vermella West Project, does anyone know ?

    Also, I noticed that excavation work is going on at the old automobile repair company site on Passaic Avenue in Harrison next to the Duncan Donuts and Popeyes Site. I suspect that this is environmental remediation before the property is torn down for some new construction project.
    The site to the south of Shoprite (the old baseball bat factory) is going to be another Russo apartment development. I don't know if it's still Vermella West, or another name but it will be a Vermella.

    I don't believe Lowes is coming to Passaic Ave. I remember hearing about a proposal but I think that was scrapped.

  11. #1691
    Forum Veteran West Hudson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Jersey City/Harrison, NJ
    Posts
    1,733

    Default

    Yes, there was a big box proposal out there for that site before the Great Recession, and Russo purchased the site last year. That site is Phase II of Vermella West and they're probably doing environmental cleanup right now. Should make the area feel a lot more filled in once it's built.

  12. #1692

    Default Ed Russo Buildings

    Quote Originally Posted by West Hudson View Post
    Yes, there was a big box proposal out there for that site before the Great Recession, and Russo purchased the site last year. That site is Phase II of Vermella West and they're probably doing environmental cleanup right now. Should make the area feel a lot more filled in once it's built.
    Ed Russo does quality residential property developments. What I can not understand with his recently completed Passaic Avenue Development in Kearny is why Ed Russo did place the electrical wires etc. underground. Even if the Town of Kearny did not require that he put the wires underground, he should have taken the initiative and done it. The overhead wires look horrendous. It really cheapens this housing development in my opinion.

  13. #1693
    Forum Veteran West Hudson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Jersey City/Harrison, NJ
    Posts
    1,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis200dz View Post
    Ed Russo does quality residential property developments. What I can not understand with his recently completed Passaic Avenue Development in Kearny is why Ed Russo did place the electrical wires etc. underground. Even if the Town of Kearny did not require that he put the wires underground, he should have taken the initiative and done it. The overhead wires look horrendous. It really cheapens this housing development in my opinion.
    It's all about dollars. Renters aren't going to be turned off by overhead wires in the same way that buyers would be if Vermella West was a for-sale community. Developers of rentals will generally minimize their costs wherever possible and spare every last dollar of investment in order to get their return a few fractions of a percentage point higher. That's just how it is when regulation is lacking, unfortunately.

    I'm just glad that Harrison's leadership put fairly good rules in place (though not perfect) regarding overhead utility lines and is maybe getting around 95% of the lines buried around our new developments.

    Even around new highrise buildings in downtown Jersey City (mostly rentals), there are tons of overhead messes of spaghetti wires around otherwise beautiful, Manhattanesque architecture. It looks horrendous (and completely ridiculous). A lot of people from NYC look at these and mock us with "only in New Jersey" when they see how screwed up our streetscapes look with them.

  14. #1694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCMAN320 View Post
    Advance Realty, DeBartolo launch leasing at Cobalt Lofts in Harrison
    By Emily Bader
    Harrison | Dec 12, 2018 at 7:05 am

    Cobalt Lofts offers residents amenities including smart technology, including a built-in Amazon Echo Dot, pre-wired speakers and a Samsung Smarthings HUB, a fitness center, community working spaces, a private dining and wine tasting room, and a top-floor game room and lounge. It also has a parking garage and electric charging stations.
    /
    Scary... Amazon Echo dot... Great, now they can listen to tenants' conversations....
    Last edited by sleiveen; February 6th, 2019 at 02:18 PM.

  15. #1695

    Default Pegasus Harrison

    Construction started in earnest a couple of weeks ago at the Pegasus Harrison Site which is next to WatersEdge. It will be very interesting to see how this building turns out with the different colored panels.
    The completion of the Hornrock Building on Harrison Avenue and this building will certainly increase traffic on First and Dey Streets.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Google+ - Facebook - Twitter - Meetup

Edward's photos on Flickr - Wired New York on Flickr - In Queens - In Red Hook - Bryant Park - SQL Backup Software