Page 14 of 114 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison Redevelopment

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tbal View Post
    I'll try to get some photos this weekend (unless someone beats me to it), but I thought I'd give a quick update on Harrison Commons:

1. Landscaping is going in (the re-created Middlesex Street lined with trees and bushes looks especially impressive!).
    2. Sidewalks and some additional brick retaining walls are being constructed.
    3. Traffic light and fiber optic cable work is almost complete
    4. A new parking lot is being created across from the main entrance to the building (next to the parking garage); if I had to guess, based on size and location, I'd say this might be for the construction trailers/workers who will be involved in the hotel construction in the coming months.

I will be there later today....nice to know all that....and i'm happy to report that the crosswalk buttons actually work...

Forum Veteran

My photos....of Harrison from today...

DSC05653 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSC05654 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSC05655 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSC05656 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSC05657 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSC05658 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSC05659 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSC05662 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSC05660 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSC05663 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

in the observer article it stated there is a new web site called harrison station,any one has a link to site?

Great photo set, thanks Nexus4. Seeing photos of new architecture (and interiors) is always a treat. Nice architectural design work on the building with the brick & beige/white masonry panels on the facade: at the very least - 'not unattractive'. (LOL) Thanks again.
    Last edited by infoshare; July 14th, 2011 at 05:15 PM.

Great I found this informative thread!

The new development looks really awesome. I had a brief stint (1 year) in Harrison in 2008 -2009 at River Park in Harrison, shortly after it had been built. Loved it, but decided to move. With the emergence of this development, I just might sojourn to Harrison once again, hopefully, for even longer.

Any projections when housing will become available for sale/rent (are both options available?)?

Is there a website with more information?

http://www.mwilkconsulting.com/HarrisonCommons.htm provides NO details on the dates or prices.

Thanks.
    Last edited by sleiveen; July 15th, 2011 at 03:31 PM.

Sleiveen, I read the complex will be completed by October, 2011 so hopefully before then they will have rent/purchase pricing information. I moved to Harrison last year (never heard of the town before but was recommend) and liked the area so much that I decided to stay in Harrison. The town is safe and fairly well kept and with these new projects has the potential to help the town grow in positive ways. The convenience to the PATH is priceless and the fact that the town has sidewalks that connects the entire town is also a major plus. The PATH is like having a subway that connects to NYC, 25 minutes and you're in the World Trade.There's also the stadium (went to see my first game last week and was very impressed), plenty of little stores, a very nice park that it shares with Kearny and several good restaurants.

Anyone interested in a safe, affordable, nice town with a very convenient commute and the potential of growth should seriously consider Harrison.

-----JT-----

Exclamation Brilliant!

As I was walking toward the Harrison PATH station this evening, I couldn't help but notice that the overpass for the tracks above Rodgers Blvd has been repainted (for the first time in decades!): the entire entire north-facing side was repainted in sections in vibrant shades of green on the ends to light blue in the center. It looks amazing!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harrison 7.18.2011 003.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	13615

Name:	Harrison 7.18.2011 004.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	13616

For the sake of comparison, the south-facing side hasn't been painted yet:

Name:	Harrison 7.18.2011 005.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	13617
    Last edited by West Hudson; July 18th, 2011 at 02:10 AM.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Very nice.

Now they just need to rebuild the PATH station

-----JT-----

Quote Originally Posted by sleiveen View Post
    Great I found this informative thread!

The new development looks really awesome. I had a brief stint (1 year) in Harrison in 2008 -2009 at River Park in Harrison, shortly after it had been built. Loved it, but decided to move. With the emergence of this development, I just might sojourn to Harrison once again, hopefully, for even longer.

Any projections when housing will become available for sale/rent (are both options available?)?

Is there a website with more information?

http://www.mwilkconsulting.com/HarrisonCommons.htm provides NO details on the dates or prices.

Thanks.
    Did some research and finally found it...looks very nice and has several residence options. http://www.harrisonstn.com/Harrison/Index.aspx

Also looks like they have a Facebook page....

-----JT-----

According to the information on the website, it will become on available August 1. Seems rather dubious, who knows. Thoughts?
    Last edited by sleiveen; July 20th, 2011 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sleiveen View Post
    According to the information on the website, it will become on available August 1. Seems rather dubious, who knows. Thoughts?
    I agree, October time frame seems more realistic. They are making good progress but definitely no way near finishing in two weeks. Maybe they mean that August 1st they will begin taking applications?

-----JT-----

Quote Originally Posted by vajt View Post
    I agree, October time frame seems more realistic. They are making good progress but definitely no way near finishing in two weeks. Maybe they mean that August 1st they will begin taking applications?

-----JT-----
    This is a really interesting timing for me. My current lease is up for renewal at the end of August. Which means, if I do decide to move to Harrison, I'll have to sublet a place for 1 month, hopefully, in Harrison. Grrreeeet. Any recommendations?

p.s will pay a visit to Harrison this weekend. hopefully will take some photos.
    Last edited by sleiveen; July 20th, 2011 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stache View Post
    Very nice.
    Maybe stencil in the name "PENNSYLVANIA RR" for historic tribute.