Page 22 of 114 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison Redevelopment

Quote Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
    If safety were a factor , then we would see the South Bronx Boom. $$$ talk and walk in this region.
    The South Bronx has probably boomed more than any other part of the region over the last five years.

Check out the South Bronx along 3rd Ave., Boston Rd, 153rd St., etc. There has been tons of new construction, basically everywhere.

And big buildings. There are 500-600 unit buildings in the works.

^More than JC waterfront?

Quote Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
    ^More than JC waterfront?
    I would say so, yeah. Five years ago, the JC waterfront didn't look super different than today. There are some new towers, but the skyline didn't change radically.

In contrast, parts of the South Bronx were wastelands five years ago. Now these same sites are filled with 10-20 floor buildings. There are entire new neighborhoods of buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by ASchwarz View Post
    I would say so, yeah. Five years ago, the JC waterfront didn't look super different than today. There are some new towers, but the skyline didn't change radically.

In contrast, parts of the South Bronx were wastelands five years ago. Now these same sites are filled with 10-20 floor buildings. There are entire new neighborhoods of buildings.
    I gotta check that out, haven't lived in the Bronx in years (Parkchester). Curious to see what it looks like now.

Forum Veteran

I haven't visited the South Bronx in years , which subway stop is all of this near?

To get back on the Harrison redevelopment...I believe there seems to be some activity happening in the abandonded factory in front of the PATH station/newly finished apartments. Hope they get that eye-sore out!

Also, any news on other retailers, besides the Five Guys, who may be renting space?

-----JT-----

Quote Originally Posted by vajt View Post
    To get back on the Harrison redevelopment...I believe there seems to be some activity happening in the abandonded factory in front of the PATH station/newly finished apartments. Hope they get that eye-sore out!

Also, any news on other retailers, besides the Five Guys, who may be renting space?

-----JT-----
    I share your sentiment -- folks here talk about the harrison comments yet no one seem to move there yet.

I'm actually moving into one of the new apartments this weekend. No word on other retailers that I've heard of.

I actually moved in oct 3.....havent been on here, since the primary reason was to gather info prior to deciding to move there....I couldnt be happier there (especially since it cut my commute from 2hrs down to 1hr)...havent heard anything about the retail spaces though

Quote Originally Posted by 29goingon50 View Post
    I actually moved in oct 3.....havent been on here, since the primary reason was to gather info prior to deciding to move there....I couldnt be happier there (especially since it cut my commute from 2hrs down to 1hr)...havent heard anything about the retail spaces though
    Congrats. How big is your unit?

that sounds like a pretty personal question ......got a 1 bedroom...its roughly 750sf

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

^ lol!

For the people that just moved in, do you take the PATH to commute to NYC? If you do, you are very smart, for less than half the price of NYC, you are only 25 minutes away.

-----JT-----

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

The big problem being if you want Midtown it takes forever, but it's a snap to downtown.

Yeah I commute to nyc via path..harrison to wtc is like 20min, harrison to 33rd st is about 35-40min and you have to switch @ Journal square or grove street, then i have about a 20 min walk to 1st ave...but compared to my previous commute, taking njtransit train (with huge delays atleast once or twice a week) from central nj (door to door it was almost 2hrs), my commute is a breeze now. Not having to run to Penn to catch a specific train or not dealing with delays is such a huge relief.

My fiance still works in central nj so Harrison was really a great compromise for both of us.