Page 23 of 114 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison Redevelopment

What I do when I want to go mid-town is take the PATH to the World Trade and then the subway, either the A/E or 4/5 to midtown, which may be quicker than doing the transfer in the PATH.

-----JT-----

Quote Originally Posted by vajt View Post
    What I do when I want to go mid-town is take the PATH to the World Trade and then the subway, either the A/E or 4/5 to midtown, which may be quicker than doing the transfer in the PATH.

-----JT-----
    I've thought about doing that, (the 4 would put me a little closer to work too), but then its another expense for metrocard...30 day unlimited path pass (only good on path) is 65/mth, where as i think unlimited metro is $100...when switching path trains, the 33rd train is literally right behind the wtc train, so not there isnt much waiting.

*I may do it once and a while just for a change of scenery though...unfortunatley i dont get down town much.

Quote Originally Posted by 29goingon50 View Post
    Yeah I commute to nyc via path..harrison to wtc is like 20min, harrison to 33rd st is about 35-40min and you have to switch @ Journal square or grove street, then i have about a 20 min walk to 1st ave...but compared to my previous commute, taking njtransit train (with huge delays atleast once or twice a week) from central nj (door to door it was almost 2hrs), my commute is a breeze now. Not having to run to Penn to catch a specific train or not dealing with delays is such a huge relief.My fiance still works in central nj so Harrison was really a great compromise for both of us.
    You can try taking the path west on a 1 minute ride to Newark Penn. There, hop onto a NJ transit train to Midtown 's Pennsylvania station. But you'll spend more on transit. So, Path to world trade+ Subways may be better? Just thought Id share.

Quote Originally Posted by 29goingon50 View Post
    that sounds like a pretty personal question ......got a 1 bedroom...its roughly 750sf
    I didn't mean to invade your private life, but was seeking your feedback on the life so far in Harrison and in the new development concerning (a)people in the development (did you make any friends), (b) commute, (c)quality of life (d) rent - $1500 (as advertised?)

Quote Originally Posted by sleiveen View Post
    I didn't mean to invade your private life, but was seeking your feedback on the life so far in Harrison and in the new development concerning (a)people in the development (did you make any friends), (b) commute, (c)quality of life (d) rent - $1500 (as advertised?)
    I was only joking around, in a juvenial way (unit size.....), but still joking.

a) have not spoken to any neighbors yet...building is still relatively empty. But everyone on the management staff seems very nice and helpful

b) Commute is good, path is steps away (about 35min to mid town), not tooo crowded...fiance drives, a little bit of traffic dealing with 280, but manageable...don't even bother trying to drive during a red bull home game.

c) quality of life - great, looking forward to the retail to open up...its been pretty quiet...strip mall 10min walk away has quik check, pizza, chinese, hallmark, rite aid, carvel

d) I think the lowest rent for a 1 bedroom is $1600, but people who moved-in in October recieved November free.

Well it took someone other than the designated developer to start a project at Riverbend.

37,000 sq/ft of retail, nice. Maybe I can keep up my hopes for Trader Joe's.

Is this also the project that was planned to include a movie theater?

-----JT-----

Default Re: Movie Theater

That's a good question - I'm not sure. I know that was one of the "standout" elements of the original MetroCenter project, along with an 8,000 sf fitness center. I am guessing that at least the movie theater would be built on a different block if it is still in the plans.

a movie theater or gym would be awesome

I was in the Harrison Town Hall Business Office a couple of days ago, and I happened to see an architectural rendition of the new hotel that is being constructed. I was really impressed. It is going to be a rather funky looking building. From what I could tell, it was going to six stories and have very interesting window features. It did not look like your typical "cookie cutter" hotel construction.

Thumbs up Equipment Arrives at Riverbend Site

Equipment branded with "Russo Development" arrived today at the site that sits between Riverbend Drive and Crucible Drive, and Frank E. Rodgers Blvd and S. Fifth Street. As I mentioned in a previous post, the new building will have 266 rental apartments and over 32,000 square feet of retail space. So perhaps we'll see some initial site work begin within the next week or two.
    Last edited by West Hudson; November 14th, 2011 at 05:46 PM.

Well now that there is a new developer involved maybe something can get done at Riverbend. Previous team was stuck in the mud.

There was a story in www.dailyharrison.com that said the Pronto Gourmet is the second retailer to sign-up as a Harrison Station retailer.

-----JT-----

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

PATH is $2.00 now?

Random Personality

In other news supposedly the Board of Directors of the PA voted and passed a resolution to buy up the land necessary for the Harrison Station Redevelopment.