Page 24 of 114 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison Redevelopment

Thumbs up Redevelopment Activity SURGES in Harrison

Major news items this week:

Riverpark
    On Monday evening, the Hudson County Planning Board approved the construction of 329 residential units and 512 parking spaces.

Riverbend District
    Russo Development started site work on Tuesday on Block C, where a 266-unit residential building with over 32,000 sf of retail will be built.

Heller Industrial/Hartz
    Demolition of the 5-block factory complex begins TODAY; a media event is being held at the site with wrecking equipment being delivered this morning.

...more later

This is an amazing news for Harrison. I bet a year or two from now, Harrison will transform for the better and won't look anything it was a few years ago. Good for them.
    Last edited by sleiveen; November 30th, 2011 at 09:21 AM.

Great news all over for Harrison. Is the new hotel that "dennis200dz" mentioned part of one of the above stated redevelopment projects or something separate?

BTW-The Five Guys sign is now up.

-----JT-----

The hotel is in addition to those projects listed above. In the next 2 years, there will have been 3 more buildings completed (one at Riverbend and a hotel and rental building at Harrison Commons) and at least 4 additional buildings under construction (at least one building at each the Riverpark, Heller, Harrison Commons, and Riverbend sites).

Forum Veteran

I didn't see any demolition going on when i passed it on Friday...

The media event last week was largely symbolic; the demo work taking place right now is going on inside the buildings, and heavy demolition of the external shells will take place as the next phase within a few months. (The truth of the matter is that they've been doing demo work for well over a month now; I'm not sure exactly why they held the media event last week...)

This is great for Harrison!! Is there def going to be a movie theater going in one of those developments?

It's anyone's guess. A movie theater and "urban entertainment center" were in the 2003 redevelopment plan, but it seems like the plans change each month...

I'm still very curious to how this hotel is going to work out. The swath of land in-between Harrison Station Building and the Parking Deck is not very wide at all. But i am glad to see they are atleast doing some some-what progressive design aesthetics. Though the Hartz Site designs see pretty boring and borderline low-income complex-like.

Change of subject, Harrison Station is having a resident interiors contest. Winner gets $250, if anyone has facebook, could you please "Like" my picture to help me win...Thanks! (link below)

http://www.facebook.com/HarrisonStat...type=3&theaterClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Apt.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	14542

Thanks for sharing tbal. Any word on the pizzeria that's coming?

-----JT-----

vajt - I'm not sure what the status of the pizzeria is (although I can't believe how quickly Five Guys set up shop - maybe they got some help with approvals from Pegasus/Ironstate? I almost thought they were opened yesterday).

29goingon50 - From the floorplans I've seen, it looks like the rooms will line both Frank Rodgers Blvd and Somerset St and the hallways will be in the back bordering the garage. Have you heard anything about Pronto? Seems like they still have a bit of work to do before they open their doors. Btw - I 'liked' your apartment interior - good luck!

Is it just me or is all of this over-development on Rodgers unnecessary? With Harrison Station, the new hotel, what's about to happen at Hartz, it's going to be overpopulated. Rodgers is in poor shape , there's only 1 line(which doesn't run that often mind you) serving the PATH station, and you have the 40 bus which doesn't run much and is stuck in traffic during the rush. The development is nice but it's going to cause some issues on poor infrastructure and transit that isn't that great to begin with.

Forum Veteran

Well even with the Harrison station restored you have overflow issues , this will cause a ton of problems and what happens when Newark eventually builds up there really isn't anything stable to hold it there.... there's also too many people going towards the PATH thanks to the closing of the Boonton line which pushed an extra 2000 people onto the Bus / PATH system and that's growing. Long term planning in this region is often badly done and towns and cities often suffer... A streetcar replacing the 40 bus might solve congestion.

Thumbs up Five Guys to Open This Saturday, 12/17

There were signs posted today on the windows of the new Five Guys that state that they will be having their grand opening this Saturday, 12/17.

On the flip side, it looks like Pronto Gourmet's opening may be delayed - seems like they haven't even started working on the fit-out yet (although it only took about a month or so for the build out of Five Guys, so who knows...).

At least i won't have to go out to Millburn for some 5 guys. Wonder what their prices will be.