Page 61 of 114 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison Redevelopment

Forum Veteran

Where do Harrison residents do their Grocery shopping?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
    Wheres the Bakery located?
    On Frank E Rogers Blvd right before Warren St. Almost diagonal from the community center. They did a nice job decorating it, has a Starbucks feel to it, and was packed with people. Baked goods are your typical Portuguese style so worth a try.

-----JT-----

Where do Harrison residents do their Grocery shopping?
    I go to the Shoprite on Passaic Ave and once in a while to the Wal-Mart.

-----JT-----

Quote Originally Posted by vajt View Post
    I go to the Shoprite on Passaic Ave and once in a while to the Wal-Mart.

-----JT-----
    Same here. Walmart now has a full-blown supermarket (possibly even larger than Shoprite), so I usually switch it up between the two. They're both only about one mile from the center of town so both are very convenient.

Forum Veteran

Some Harrison pictures

006 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

007 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

010 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

011 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

016 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

021 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

022 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

032 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

033 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

040 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

048 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

Exclamation More Heavy Equipment Arrives at Building 3 Site in Harrison Commons

At the end of last week, a heavy roller and another bulldozer were delivered to the Building 3 site and started leveling and compacting work. I could be wrong, but this looks like final site preparation and we should see fill and crushed stone, as well as more heavy equipment, delivered this week in preparation for foundation work. It will be interesting to see what happens after this next one is built; Ironstate/Pegasus/CJUF still have the remainder of Harrison Commons listed on Cushman & Wakefield's commercial metro area website for sale. It would be nice if they at least leveled the remaining cluster of dilapidated buildings near the interection of 2nd Street and Railroad Ave. If they do in fact sell the remaining lots off, I'm hoping we get Fields Development or Shuster Management involved in the redevelopment there.

Aside from this, work really picked up at the Russo site this past week with alot of the garage foundation coming together and over a dozen column rebar skeletons going up toward the retail side of the building.

Forum Veteran

Anyone know what is going in the retail section of the Element hotel?

A Dunkin Donuts and Wine Shop.

As of 3/15/2013 it's a Dunkin Donuts, Cork Liquors, and room for two or three more storefronts. At one point an Italian restaurant was supposed to sign a lease but that fell through on the 3/15/2013 update.

http://www.mwilkconsulting.com/image...015%202013.pdf
    Last edited by section08; March 16th, 2014 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Sorry milesq reported this first, I didn't hit Submit fast enough!

That Dunkin Donuts is gonna clean up.

Forum Veteran

Dunkin Donuts is trashy , should have been a Starbucks.

Starbucks couldn't even survive in Hipster Newark. Harrison? Dunkin Donuts is gonna clean up.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by section08 View Post
    Starbucks couldn't even survive in Hipster Newark. Harrison? Dunkin Donuts is gonna clean up.
    Starbucks in the Newark Penn complex does well , I would think a Harrison location would fair the same.

Actually I would agree that a Starbucks at that location would have probably done very well seeing how many commuters would have it so conveniently located. I was surprised that one didn't open up there and instead it was a DD...with how many there are already in town.

-----JT-----

Default What were they thinking ?

I returned from nearly a month long vacation last Monday. I was pleased to see the great progress made on the two Phase 2 RiverPark Buildings ( I don't know the new name yet). I liked the color of the bricks and the stone trim accent is very nice. The last couple of days the builders have added this hideous beige paneling material. What were they thinking ? This beige paneling looks cheesy and horrible in my humble opinion.

I also feel very sorry for the residents of the two RiverPark 1 Buildings who are next to the newly constructed buildings. It appears that these peoples' units are now devoid of sunlight. How could this been allowed to happen ? I note that the evidence of the death of sunlight are the remaining piles of unmelted snow. I certainly would not want to purchase one of these units. These folks turned out to be real losers as a result of this new construction.