Page 64 of 114 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison Redevelopment

New bakery going up by 280 on Harrison Ave. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	17883

Forum Veteran

Yikes , how many Bakeries can they cram onto one avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
    Yikes , how many Bakeries can they cram onto one avenue.
    I thought the exact same when I saw the signage go up in the window. Rumor is that there is a Chinese food place going in next to that... Which is across from two take outs... And a take out/ sit down next door... CAN A GUY GET A FROYO HERE?! Or a Planet Fitness... I'll take both

Quote Originally Posted by tbal View Post
    As for the bakery, B&G sounds familiar. They either have a location in Newark or had a location somewhere else on Harrison Ave or FER. I'm all for a Planet Fitness (and a froyo place)...I think both could do very well here - we'll see what happens once a few more of these new buildings open up.
    B&G is the name of the Peruvian joint @ 317 Harrison Ave on Church Square. Looks like they're expanding.

Quote Originally Posted by tbal View Post
    Several retailers will be moving into locations near the Harrison/Kearny border, both immediately north and east of Harrison. In the Walmart shopping center, joining Walmart and Wawa will be Gamestop, GNC, Verizon, and Buy-Rite Liquors (same chain as near the Holland Tunnel entrance in Jersey City that opened a few years ago). Of course we have BJ's moving in just north of town, and across the street from BJ's Wholesale Club (in the former Pathmark space) L.A. Fitness may be moving in. There's a conceptual design in place for the former aluminum bat site south of Shoprite, and across the street from Shoprite (where demo work started a few weeks ago) the land will be marketed for retail or residential use.

Article from The Observer: http://www.theobserver.com/
    Hey tbal thanks for pointing us to this article. This really made my week, especially re: Buy-Rite (craft beers within walking distance? sign me up!) It looks like they have a good amount of tenants already signed up... does this mean that construction is imminent? Or is there more negotiating that needs to happen to get this off the ground? Thanks as always for the info.

Hey section08 - the building is already U/C. If you swing by Walmart, you'll see that most of the piling work is already complete. Hollister Construction is the GC on the project (same firm that handled the build-out of Wawa). I'm looking forward to the new stores too - glad to see expanded options coming to that shopping center.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim McLaughlin View Post
    I thought the exact same when I saw the signage go up in the window. Rumor is that there is a Chinese food place going in next to that... Which is across from two take outs... And a take out/ sit down next door... CAN A GUY GET A FROYO HERE?! Or a Planet Fitness... I'll take both
    Could be worse. Go to "Irvington Center".. you'll see "Nu Flava streetzwear,Happy Family Chinese take out,Beauty-hair,mike barbershop,Crown Chicken,Dominican "doobies", Mike Barbershop "too",Models, Wigs, Nu stilz cutz, Shameequa braids,Mike Barbershop "tree",Tyrone heir cutz n fades"......

Scaffolding is down at the Element, and a new juice bar is opening on FER a little after the plaza!

Nice photos as always Nexis! I noticed that the overhead wires/utility poles along Somerset were taken down today - good riddance! (I've gotta say this is one policy I'm very happy about - all developers have to bury the utilities along the perimeter of their properties before a certificate of occupancy can be issued...none of those ugly overhead wires should be seen around the new developments once they're built). I also noticed the sidewalk sheds were taken away infront of the Element, so we should see the permanent sidewalk taking shape in the next few days...looking forward to it.

Default New Rendering for Harrison Commons Building 3

Now known as 300 Cifelli Drive, a banner went up for the building today stating that leasing would start in Summer 2015. You can see the new & original renderings below. Looks like they reduced the retail frontage on Cifelli Drive and changed the color scheme a bit while doing some funky things with the bump-outs.

New rendering:

Old rendering:

^The newer design looks safer, but I still think it works. I like the bolder color contrast of the original one though.

Quote Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
    ^The newer design looks safer, but I still think it works. I like the bolder color contrast of the original one though.
    If you look at the far left of the rendering, you can see that they still have that same color scheme with black/silver contrast - it just shifted to the middle of the building. I think there are 3 or 4 different color schemes they're going to be using - they've built samples of the schemes by the construction trailer (they also have different wood flooring samples out there for some reason...). I think they were just trying to avoid having the original building look out of place with the Element being black & white along FER...this scheme helps Building 1 fit into the neighborhood.

Is there something going on for the empty lot in Bergen St. (between 2nd and 3rd Streets)? I see new markings, as if they are performing a property survey, and a backhoe digging by the 2nd Street side. Maybe the new apartment building is finally coming?

-----JT-----