Page 65 of 114 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison Redevelopment

The extended PATH station platforms seem to be moving along fairly steadily. And they cleared a plot of land along S 3rd St on the west side of the LAZ parking lot. Not sure what's going there.

If you guys want to see something really cool with the development in Harrison, Google Maps now lets you go back in pictures to 2007! Its insane how much things have changed…

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7396...Pw!2e0!6m1!1e1

Take a step back in time!

Quote Originally Posted by tbal View Post
    If you look at the far left of the rendering, you can see that they still have that same color scheme with black/silver contrast - it just shifted to the middle of the building. I think there are 3 or 4 different color schemes they're going to be using - they've built samples of the schemes by the construction trailer (they also have different wood flooring samples out there for some reason...). I think they were just trying to avoid having the original building look out of place with the Element being black & white along FER...this scheme helps Building 1 fit into the neighborhood.
    Wow I didn't even notice the scheme was the same further down. The more I look at the newer design the more I prefer it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post

Smartly dressed trespassers. (This is New Jersey, after all).

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by EastMillinocket View Post
    Smartly dressed trespassers. (This is New Jersey, after all).
    LOL , how do you know they weren't contractors?

If they are contractors/architects, they are definitely not following safety regulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim McLaughlin View Post
    If you guys want to see something really cool with the development in Harrison, Google Maps now lets you go back in pictures to 2007! Its insane how much things have changed…

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7396...Pw!2e0!6m1!1e1

Take a step back in time!
    Wow. What a difference in 7 years.

Thumbs up Geochem Coming Down

As I passed by the new building going up at 300 Dey Street this afternoon, I couldn't help but notice that some serious demolition is starting to take place at the Geochem factory site next door. This demo will clear the way for Riverpark Phase III.

In other news, the sidewalks around 300 & 301 Dey Street are almost complete, and the last utility pole on the First Street side of the site had its solar panel and wiring removed today, so that should be coming down soon. It looks like work at the Element is very nearly complete. The last stretch of sidewalk along FER Blvd should be going in this week, otherwise all the rest of the sidewalk and lighting is already in place. And a crane was delivered to the Russo Block C site today, which is being used to hoist pre-assembled rebar beams onto the transfer slab cast structure that's coming together. Underground utility work is underway at the Hampshire Co's site on Bergen Street.
    Last edited by West Hudson; August 13th, 2014 at 01:17 PM.

Another new opening in town...there's a new yoga and juice bar that opened up in Frank E. Rodgers Blvd called Stretch, I believe they opened up this week.

-----JT-----

Thumbs up Kearny Attracting Big Retailers

Kearny hoping to attract developers with changes to Passaic Avenue plan

By Rose Duger/For The Jersey Journal
    on June 06, 2014 at 9:00 AM, updated June 06, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Old warehouses on Passaic Avenue in Kearny, Wednesday, March 12, 2014, which will be razed to make way for retail shops and a BJ's Wholesale Club. (Reena Rose Sibayan Journal Photo)

Kearny officials are hoping changes to the Passaic Avenue redevelopment plan recently introduced by the governing body will generate new inquiries from developers.

Developed by Neglia Engineering, the amendments to the plan establish several new districts for the area, which runs from Bergen Avenue south to the East Newark border.

The new districts include a 55.5-acre commercial area for retail, office space and financial institutions; a 7.8-acre residential district that encompasses the General Phillip Kearny apartment complex; two districts of 18 acres and 11.5 acres straddling Passaic Avenue for mixed uses including residences, entertainment, office space and restaurants; and 4.6 acres of residential space for multi-family homes, senior housing or an assisted living facility.

"I think these amendments are very realistic," said Mayor Al Santos following a presentation by Neglia Engineering Vice President Gregory J. Polyniak.
    "It sets realistic, achievable goals."

Adopted more than a decade ago, the original redevelopment plan called for renovating largely vacant factories in the area for residences, restaurants and smaller retail outlets and constructing several larger retailers.

The plan floundered as the town and property owners dealt with environmental cleanups at several sites and a recession beginning in 2007 that stalled large-scale development statewide.

But the area has seen renewed interest recently, with BJ's Wholesale Club announcing plans to construct a store within the newly designated commercial district near the Kearny K-Mart.

Michael Martello, the town's construction code official, said demolition of old factory buildings to make way for BJ's and several smaller retail outlets should begin by late summer.

To the south of the commercial district, demolition crews have torn down a former factory complex.

That's the first step toward repurposing the property for residential development.

Fourth Ward Councilwoman Susan McCurrie called the amended plan "a good evolution."

"I think we'll actually have development down there," McCurrie added.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/inde..._river_default

Thumbs up Field Office Trailer Arrives at Hampshire Companies Site

Thanks for sharing JCMAN - it will be interesting to see what develops along Passaic Ave over the next few years with all the large tracts of land coming online from former factory sites.

In other news, a construction management trailer was delivered to the Hampshire Companies site yesterday and I just found an image of a full front (Bergen Street) elevation. These two buildings will be rising 1 block east of the new buildings under construction at Riverpark and 1.5 blocks north of Building 3 in Harrison Commons. I'm liking the grand entrances shown...still not sure whether these will be rental or condo, but my guess is rental considering the current state of the market (although they could definitely build one as a rental and the other as a condo).

Also note that the sidewalk along the retail for the Element went in today, with DD/Cork fit-outs moving along quickly and the entire stretch of Somerset Street between FER and 3rd Street has been excavated for the stamped/painted pavement (and fountain?) that will be going in.
    Last edited by West Hudson; June 12th, 2014 at 11:04 PM.

Default Water's Edge At Harrison Website Launches

Looks like Roseland/BNE have launched a website for the new buildings next to Riverpark (formerly known as Riverpark Phase II). Not too many details are mentioned (including rental rates) but perhaps within a few weeks they'll be updating it with photos and other info.

http://rentatwatersedge.revsystems.net/

Dunkin Donuts has been on the fast track this week. They already have the counter, tables, and outside signage installed.

... and Dunkin Donuts is now opened. I guess we can expect more spilled coffee on the PATH starting next week.

Also, Somerset St. has been repaved and the Element has most of their signs installed.

Forum Veteran