Page 74 of 111 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1651

Thread: Harrison Redevelopment

Default Next Major Project ?

Nice group of photos from West Hudson and Nexis4Jersey. Here is a question ? What will be the next major construction to start in Harrison ? Perhaps, we could see the long delayed Advance Project start soon ? I still have doubts about Advance, but who know, miracles do happen.

Default Construction updates from Monday

Quote Originally Posted by dennis200dz View Post
    Nice group of photos from West Hudson and Nexis4Jersey. Here is a question ? What will be the next major construction to start in Harrison ? Perhaps, we could see the long delayed Advance Project start soon ? I still have doubts about Advance, but who know, miracles do happen.
    The Advance project (In front of Red Bull Stadium) actually will start very soon, according to a press release that was posted several posts ago. The other one is the Harrison Station/Harrison Town Center project across from 100 and 300 Somerset has been showing some recent signs of activity. Dozens of barrels have shown up, likely as markers. Together, they will account for at least 2000 residential units and hundreds of thousands of square feet of street facing retail across at least a dozen city blocks. The other projects would be on a few former industrial sites west of the FE Rodgers cluster of developments. As visible work progresses on the PATH station, and particularly if the infill NJ Transit station becomes more than a pipe dream, a lot could happen very soon.

The following images are from my blog, http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

5th Floor has started on 1100 FE Rodgers.

Some of the PATH station stairs are complete and lit.

The AT&T store in the Element Hotel is now open, minus a few ceiling tiles.

300 Somerset is moving right along.

That fenced in site on FE Rodgers now has a food truck serving some great hot dogs for $1. They live up to the suggestive slogan...

Thumbs up Redevelopment north of 280

Nice update Towerpower. The second floor above the retail at 300 Middlesex started going up today, so the frontage along FER is really starting to fill in and look city-like. That Joey Mac's truck is new, right? I don't think I've ever seen anything on that lot before but that site along with several others in the blocks north of I-280 could easily stretch the redevelopment north since there are alot of surface lots and smaller wood-frame buildings that could be easily demolished. Can't wait to see what's in store for that area...maybe some buildings in the 5-7 story range would be a great fit there and result in the density needed to support a complete retail scene.

As for the drums at the Heller site, I believe those contain soil samples from the locations they're sitting in. There was supposedly a much more extensive cleanup than originally anticipated at the site and Heller was looking for Hartz and/or General Motors to pitch in for the work.

Side note: how awesome would that be if the Joey Mac's lot became Harrison's own version of the famed Rutgers grease trucks? I think we have a large enough college student population & enough young adults living here to support such an idea. And that lot is diagonally across the street from our very heavily used soccer field.
    Last edited by West Hudson; December 10th, 2014 at 08:31 PM.

Thumbs up BJ's Shopping Center Gets Financing

Just passed by the site a few moments ago - internal demo continues but major demo hasn't begun yet. I can't imagine the Q4 2015 completion will actually happen on time, but I could be completely wrong...I have a feeling there are going to be unforeseen environmental cleanup issues as have been seen on so many other projects in the area.

From GlobeSt.com:

First Niagara Finances $30M Kearny, NJ Redevelopment Project

By Steve Lubetkin | New Jersey

Kearny, NJ

Elvert Barnes Photo via Flickr.com, Used Under Creative Commons License

KEARNY, NJ—First Niagara's Commercial Real Estate Group is providing a $30 million loan to DVL Kearny Holdings for the redevelopment of an industrial site in Kearny, NJ. The site will be anchored by an 88,000 square-foot BJ’s Wholesale Club, with an additional 52,000 square feet of mid-box and in-line retail.

The site, located at 132-144 Passaic Avenue, is part of the Passaic Avenue Redevelopment Plan. The redevelopment is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2015. In the early part of the 20th century, thePassaic Avenue Redevelopment Area was the site of waterfront manufacturing, but has since been designated for economic revitalization.

“We have worked with First Niagara many times over the past years,” says Alan Casnoff, president of DVL, Inc. “They understand the development process, as well as the need to customize the transaction to meet the requirements of the project.”

First Niagara is committed to providing financing for projects that revitalize neighborhoods throughout the region. We are pleased to work with DVL Kearny Holdings, LLC to move this project to completion,” says Ryan Crouthamel, First Niagara’s vice president of commercial real estate, who is managing the transaction for the bank.

Is networking important to you? Join RealShare Conferences to hear from prominent speakers and meet the commercial real estate elite. Check out the schedule of events!

Link:
    http://www.globest.com/news/12_1006/newjersey/development/First-Niagara-Finances-30M-Kearny-NJ-Redevelopment-Project-353425.html

Anyone know which store is slated to open between the new AT&T store and Cork...by the PATH?

-----JT-----

Thumbs up First Water's Edge Building 90% Leased in 10 Weeks

That means they're renting about 6-7 units per week, and at that pace, we're talking about only about 5 months for the project to completely lease up. I wonder what's next for the community and when it will be breaking ground.

Quote from article:

"We’ve had many renters who were looking at apartments in Hoboken and Jersey City who ultimately chose Water’s Edge because it offers virtually all of the same advantages those communities offer at a significantly lower price point,” Ms. Hedden added."

http://harrisonfyi.com/2014/12/03/fi...y-in-harrison/

As far as the space between Cork & AT&T is concerned, I recall reading somewhere that it will be some type of a market (maybe a farmer's market with fresh produce?).

Quote Originally Posted by West Hudson View Post
    That means they're renting about 6-7 units per week, and at that pace, we're talking about only about 5 months for the project to completely lease up. I wonder what's next for the community and when it will be breaking ground.

Quote from article:

"We’ve had many renters who were looking at apartments in Hoboken and Jersey City who ultimately chose Water’s Edge because it offers virtually all of the same advantages those communities offer at a significantly lower price point,” Ms. Hedden added."

http://harrisonfyi.com/2014/12/03/fi...y-in-harrison/

As far as the space between Cork & AT&T is concerned, I recall reading somewhere that it will be some type of a market (maybe a farmer's market with fresh produce?).
    It's quite surprising, actually. I thought they had a hard time moving these units. I imagine their free 2 months incentive helped to get traction. Sweet.

Thumbs up New(ish) Renderings

A few renderings of various projects:

Remaining warehouses between Red Bull Arena and PATH/Northeast Corridor:

Lamp Works:

Russo Block C:

Happy Holidays!

Pleasantly surprised!

Forum Veteran

from today
    Harrison

Some renovations along Harrison Avenue

Harrison Avenue in Downtown Harrison,NJ
    by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

Harrison Avenue in Downtown Harrison,NJ

Abandoned / Future Harrison Station Site on the Morris&Essex

Abandoned Morris&Essex Harrison Station

Outbound Morris&Essex Train in Harrison,NJ

221 Bergen Street

221 Bergen Street - Harrison Rising

221 Bergen - Harrison Rising

Recently Completed Water's Edge - 301 First Street , I didn't do the Passaic River side too cold , its 85% leased...only took a month.

Water's Edge - 301 First Street in Harrison,NJ

300 Middlesex

300 Middlesex - Harrison Rising

300 Middlesex - Harrison Rising

- Harrison Rising

- Harrison Rising

Recently Opened Element Hotel , the parking lot on the side will become apartments in the not to distant future

Harrison Commons & Element Hotel in Harrison,NJ

Element Hotel in Harrison,NJ

Recently opened Cork Wine & Sprites

Cork Wine & Sprites in Harrison,NJ

New PATH Station Foundation

New Harrison PATH Station Foundation

Extended PATH Platforms

New Extended Harrison PATH Platforms

1100 FE Rodgers

1100 FE Rodgers- Harrison Rising

1100 FE Rodgers - Harrison Rising

1100 FE Rodgers - Harrison Rising

Default The Cifelli Stronghold?

I couldn't help but notice in reading the agenda (and others from past years) how prominent the name Cifelli is in this town. For one thing, our Middlesex Street was renamed Angelo Cifelli Drive. If you look at the agenda for the 1/6/2015 Town Council meeting, you'll see the folllowing:

A RESOLUTION TO RE-APOINT ALBERT J. CIFELLI PUBLIC DEFENDER

A RESOLUTION TO RE-APOINT MICHAEL CIFELLI AS MUNICIPAL PROSECUTOR

A RESOLUTION AWARDING A PROFESIONAL SERVICES CONTRACT TO MICHAEL A.
    CIFELLI, ESQ., SCARINCI & HOLLENBECK, LLC

Is there some lack of oversight here in these appointments? It seems odd that despite all of the thousands of legal professionals that could serve this town in these various positions, the three most important legal services are filled by individuals from the same family, who also happen to have a relative whose name is emblazoned on a major corridor in the center of town. Don't get me wrong, the town may very well have done its due diligence and these individuals may very well have been the best candidates, but I feel that would have to have been one hell of an extraordinary coincidence if so.

Thumbs up Kearny Wants It's Own Station

Kearny still wants NJ Transit train station, mayor says

By Rose Duger | For The Jersey Journal
    on January 08, 2015 at 11:32 AM, updated January 08, 2015 at 11:34 AM

Kearny's mayor hopes to persuade NJ Transit to revive plans to construct a new train station on Bergen Avenue below Schuyler Avenue in the town. The transit agency had targeted Kearny for a station years ago, but scuttled the plan. (Times of Trenton file photo)

KEARNY -- Leaving a legacy for future generations of Kearny residents was the theme running through Mayor Al Santos’s annual state-of-the-town address at Tuesday’s reorganization meeting.

As he outlined priorities for 2015, Santos noted that elected officials many years ago had the vision to pursue long-term plans including the construction of the Gunnel Oval athletic complex and Riverbank Park that benefit today’s residents.

For Santos, the modern-day equivalent of that vision includes persuading NJ Transit to revive plans to construct a new train station on Bergen Avenue below Schuyler Avenue. The transit agency had targeted Kearny for a station years ago, but scuttled the plan when Gov. Chris Christie canceled the ARC tunnel project to build a new Hudson River transit tunnel.

Now, with bi-state concerns about train capacity and the poor condition of existing tunnels, Santos figures the time is ripe to present Kearny’s case.

“This is one thing I have not given up on,” he said. “I think the state will have to reverse its nearsightedness on that issue.”

Santos also outlined priorities including building a new athletic complex at Gunnel Oval, replacing aging water transmission lines, repaving streets, continuing to pursue development of recreational facilities at the Keegan Landfill and supporting large-scale redevelopment projects on Passaic and Schuyler avenues.

“I think today we need to make decisions that will improve the quality of life in this town for years to come,” he noted, adding that short-term goals including bolstering the ranks of the police and fire departments and holding the line on taxes are also top priorities.

Santos said the town is seeking state and federal grant funding for some projects, and could offer tax abatements to developers to spur larger-scale projects.

“This is something we will only do if these investments would not otherwise come to the Town of Kearny,” he said of the abatements. “This is used in Jersey City, Hoboken, Harrison and West New York extensively. Because of its impact on municipal finances, it is a measure we will have to rely on in coming years.”

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

That Kearny station will be really important to the area's future development and will kick off a huge amount of development if it goes ahead, both there and at points further north where I assume that an entirely new line might be added along the existing decaying right of way. The only thing that could be a hassle would be getting under or over I-280 to the immediate south in order to connect with the Northeast Corridor to likely Frank Lautenburg Station to transfer. It does not appear that there are any signs of tracks in that area. Instead, the route goes through the middle of a very busy scrap yard, but there is an existing underpass.

The other option would be to build the station farther south, which would be on the route of the future line to North Newark and Belleville. That one would run directly east and connect with the Northeast Corridor.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by towerpower123 View Post
    That Kearny station will be really important to the area's future development and will kick off a huge amount of development if it goes ahead, both there and at points further north where I assume that an entirely new line might be added along the existing decaying right of way. The only thing that could be a hassle would be getting under or over I-280 to the immediate south in order to connect with the Northeast Corridor to likely Frank Lautenburg Station to transfer. It does not appear that there are any signs of tracks in that area. Instead, the route goes through the middle of a very busy scrap yard, but there is an existing underpass.

The other option would be to build the station farther south, which would be on the route of the future line to North Newark and Belleville. That one would run directly east and connect with the Northeast Corridor.
    You mean the old Boonton line that passes through North Newark , Bloomfield , Belleville? Reactivating and feeding the Kingsland into that would be easier then trying to overhaul the JCT

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...A.kQDtB3dU7TK8

Proposed : Lower Boonton Branch -- Electric / EMU Trains at 25kV/60Hz
    Hoboken Terminal
    Kearny Junction
    Kearny Avenue
    North Broadway JCT
    Forest Hill JCT
    Belleville Avenue

Walnut Street
    Watchung Avenue
    Upper Montclair
    Mountain Avenue
    Montclair Heights
    Montclair State University

Proposed : Kingsland Branch Duel Mode Diesel & Electric locomotives , Electric from Hoboken Terminal to North Arlington and Diesel from Kingsland to Hillburn
    Hoboken Terminal
    Harrison East
    Kearny JCT
    North Arlington

Kingsland
    Lyndhurst
    Delawanna
    Passaic
    Clifton
    US-46 Clifton
    Paterson
    Hawthorne Transit Center