http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

100 Harrison Ave

Other Harrison Ave projects

221 Bergen Street

Much better than the alternative

300 Somerset

PATH station upgrade

1100 Frank E Rodgers (1100 South Fifth)

Something is developing inside of Vincente's– noted sugar packets on the tables and a new plant through one exposed window, maybe new management? In other news, http://www.hudsoncountytv.com/harris...ok-restaurant/ on Harrison Ave, robberies seem to be in trend right now along the Ave...

I did see a sign in the window of Vicente's a few weeks back seeking new kitchen staff. Maybe they're revamping the place afterall instead of closing.

As for the incident on Harrison Ave - that's actually very surprising that this happened. There's a very narrow window of time that this could've taken place as there is usually a bouncer and people taking smoking breaks outside about 2 doors down at the bar that's there and at the one across the street. So this must've happened after sundown but before 9 or 10 PM. I don't understand why these businesses don't have cameras - the technology is so cheap these days and the video footage in many cases is stored on redundant servers usually distributed across multiple distant geographic locations, so that criminals are essentially effed. Luckily it sounds like they didn't lose much - $900? That's a drop in a bucket. When I lived in the Grove Street area in Jersey City my landlord (who lived in a first floor apt) had literally thousands of dollars of electronics and jewelry stolen twice in a single year.
    Last edited by West Hudson; April 10th, 2015 at 01:17 AM.

Thumbs up Quick Update: Riverbend Blocks E & F

Advance Realty Group & Debartolo Development appear to be moving pretty quickly now at blocks E & F. Block F (next to Red Bull Arena) has been bulldozed (presumably will be a staging area until Block E is built out) and Block E (on FER next to Russo Development's 400-unit Vermella) has been rolled over and marked for piling locations. The two buildings will top out at 6 stories and together add another 596 apartments to Riverbend.

Rendering:

Riverbend Block E:

Riverbend Block F:

Between the main entrance and exit streets of the Riverbend district will be a pocket park with public sculptures/artwork (Russo Development's Block C/Vermella building rising in the background):

Last edited by West Hudson; April 12th, 2015 at 09:51 PM.

I have to say that I like the rendering of the Advance and Debartolo Development Building. It is interesting architecture. I may be one of the few, but I like the architecture of the new hotel. It is in my opinion much better than the boring Hampton Inn. I am wondering why the Advance and Debartolo Site does not have a trailer at the site yet. Usually, the first thing I see at a major building site is a trailer.

I am wondering if there is any information on the project where they are going to convert the old Hartz Factory Buildings into housing. This conversion project looks like it will be a grest place to live when completed.

Default HornRock Site (One Harrison Ave)

Dennis: I believe it is the Lampworks project that you are referring to when you mention the 'conversion' project. This one is definitely moving forward - BRG has an office right on FER across from the Harrison Shopping Plaza and you can see architecture/engineering drawings on the table there if you look through the window. I think there's alot to go through in terms of approvals from the DEP/EPA and such before the project can kick off, plus I think Vo-Toys is probably still searching for a new location to relocate to. Def one of my fav projects too though, and it will be one of the most noticeable from Rt 280 with its 6-story height and full city block footprint.

As for the Advance site, they are actually not doing piling yet - it appears that they're doing something with the crane in the flagged locations with dropping a large weight from high up to compact the soil. Another bulldozer was delivered to the site today and there's a pile of crushed stone waiting on the side that I presume will be used to create a bed for the management trailer.

I'm a fan of the architecture of the Advance building and Element too (as evidenced by my avatar lol) and I can't wait to see renderings of the new AC hotel.

As for the HornRock site, there definitely appears to be something going on there - part of the site was used as a used car sales lot ("Top Car Sales") for the last decade, usually packed to the brim with cars for sale labeled with pricing and flashy sales pitches; that lot is devoid of cars now as if they're no longer doing business there. The other part of the site is occupied by McClave Lumber, which is still in operation; but I've seen vehicles from CRJ Contracting there a few times, which (according to the yellow pages) is in the business of underground utilities and excavation, not carpentry or anything lumber-related. I'm sure we'll see the project mentioned in the next PR release that the town or developers put out, whenever that will be.
    Last edited by West Hudson; April 14th, 2015 at 12:08 AM.

Forum Veteran

From Yesterday

1100 Frank Rodgers Boulevard

by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

Harrison Rising - 1100 Frank E Rodgers

Harrison Rising - 1100 Frank E Rodgers

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by towerpower123 View Post
    From Tuesday

Much better than the alternative

A lot of the older Urban housing stock in this region , seems to be built better then the newer stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by West Hudson View Post
    I did see a sign in the window of Vicente's a few weeks back seeking new kitchen staff. Maybe they're revamping the place afterall instead of closing.
    Walked by it over the weekend and saw a sign that said "Backyard Grill Coming Soon". Guess that will be the new eatery opening up.

-----JT-----

Harrison needs Starbucks and Wholefoods/Trader Joe's in the near future to more attract yuppies to the community.
    Last edited by sleiveen; April 20th, 2015 at 11:38 AM.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sleiveen View Post
    Harrison needs Starbucks and Wholefoods/Trader Joe's in the near future to more attract yuppies to the community.
    Whole Foods is going to Newark , and Trader Joes and Aldi might go to Newark aswell... I think Harrison will get a Target. Both those companies tend to not over saturate with locations.

Forum Veteran

Good and bad news for Harrison PATH riders awaiting new station
    By Steve Strunsky | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
    on April 21, 2015 at 4:58 PM, updated April 21, 2015 at 5:47 PM

HARRISON — For Timothy Braddock, a media company engineer waiting for a train to New York at the Harrison PATH station, the sooner the 80-year-old station is scrapped for a planned $256 million replacement the better.
    http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2..._harrison.html

Tim, am I correct that the Harrison Commons Building 4, will be built behind the building currently being built by Fields ? These would mean that they need to tear down those old buildings that were condemned ? If building 4 has condos, I think this will be great for the town. I approve of 7 stories, but would not want anything higher.

By the way, I like the color of the Fields Building. Having different color brick work, makes the neighborhood interesting. I am amazed at how quickly the Fields People are building this huge structure. They are clearly a top notch builder.

I passed by the Vo Toys Buliding and it looks like they are emptying out the building of furniture etc. I saw a big dumpster in the courtyard. Maybe this means that construction will begin soon.

It was nice to see that the badly damaged by fire two family house near the corner of Harrison Street and 5th has been torn down. I saw some workers at the burned out commercial building on Bergen Street. I am wondering if this building will be torn down in the coming months.

Finally, at the RiverPark Annual Meeting last night, I asked whether the chemical factory had been acquired by Millenium. No one seemed to know the answer, but I was assured that Millenium was anxious to acquire the property and build more rental units.

From Tuesday, 4/21/2015

Advance site

1100 FE Rodgers (Vermella Harrison)

This is Rush Hour in the new Harrison.

Harrison PATH Station

300 Somerset

Rush hour with a ton of people walking around. Great for Harrison!