Page 80 of 114 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1708

Thread: Harrison Redevelopment

I like the second and third ones the most. The first is horrible and the fourth is OK. For the Harrison design, the front corner is brick on floors 2-5. The rest of floors 2-5 is metal panel. The entire ground floor facade and 7 feet of flood-safe wall will be concrete block, which will be even worse than I thought it could be.

I like the second design as well, but the one below is def my fave (and something like this on a smaller scale would look great here IMO). The vertical fins are a nice unique artistic element and there's a good balance of masonry/paneling and window surface. I think the biggest problem with the Harrison design is that there's virtually no articulation to speak of in the facade along Guyon Drive...really long expanse that's just, well, sorta plain.

Last edited by West Hudson; May 22nd, 2015 at 05:57 PM.

Thumbs up Riverbend Blocks D, E, & F Update

Quick update on Riverbend - not sure if Advance is planning on building all three projects simultaneously (or nearly simultaneously), but they've completed compaction of blocks E & F (closest to the Passaic River along Cape May Street) and are now doing dynamic compaction on Block D (between the Russo building and Red Bull Arena). On Blocks E & F, there have been trucks arriving practically non-stop all day everyday for the past week with fill to raise the elevations of the two sites, and more equipment has arrived. I also noticed that the temporary wood structures for electrical service for a construction management trailer was set up last week. I'm guessing that they'll be starting piling work by July (but maybe by mid-June).

Quote Originally Posted by West Hudson View Post
    Quick update on Riverbend - not sure if Advance is planning on building all three projects simultaneously (or nearly simultaneously), but they've completed compaction of blocks E & F (closest to the Passaic River along Cape May Street) and are now doing dynamic compaction on Block D (between the Russo building and Red Bull Arena). On Blocks E & F, there have been trucks arriving practically non-stop all day everyday for the past week with fill to raise the elevations of the two sites, and more equipment has arrived. I also noticed that the temporary wood structures for electrical service for a construction management trailer was set up last week. I'm guessing that they'll be starting piling work by July (but maybe by mid-June).
    This is good news indeed. Do you know on which block Russo is going to build their Phase 2 Construction ? On another topic, I am very pleased with the Field Building. I like the gray bricks and the color of the panels. I think that Fields is buildind an impressive building.

Default Vermella Crossing

Although not in Harrison proper, the Russo Development Vermella Crossing off Schuyler Avenue in Kearny is getting ready for occupancy. The rental office opened last week. I went into the rental office to obtain some information. The two bedrooms, two baths model (1,194 square feet) is going for $2,245 a month. With a 12 month lease, they are offering one month free rent. I am wondering what Vermella Harrison is going to charge for a similar apartment ? I thought that the Vermella Crossing rental prices were a bit pricey based on the location, but I am not an expert in the matters.

Thumbs up Advance Riverbend Update

Passed by the site this afternoon and there is now a double width construction management trailer in place with alot of other equipment. They still have a bit of work left to raise the base elevation of the site before piling starts, but that work is almost complete. A development agreement with the town was executed this past Wednesday for Block E, so they could start piling soon (although a year ago, development agreements were executed for both Building 3 in Harrison Commons & 221 Bergen Street & those didn't start construction until the first week of August...). But at least it's finally for real! It will be amazing to see that row of buildings along the east side of FER brought to life, and especially at this corner at the entrance into Harrison from the Ironbound. That stretch has been desolate for such a long time but to have these dramatic, monumental buildings in place in about a year will completely transform the meaning of that area and convert it into a new center of energy.

I think the Vermella Harrison rates are going to top those at Harrison Commons for sure...the apartments are going to have much nicer finishes (quartz countertops, SS appliances), they were designed better (oversized windows, central AC), and there will be more amenities supposedly. I can see the Russo building rightfully being touted as the flagship of Harrison (at least until a year or so from now when Advance's building is up...that architecture is going to take things a notch higher) since it's such a massive structure and unique design. I don't know where Russo plans on building next, but given that Advance & Debartolo have already started work on blocks D, E, & F, it's obviously not any of those, nor the northwest corner of Block A where the Marriott will be going. But maybe they'll take the southern half of Block A, across Riverbend Drive from the first building? Or wrap around the Marriott completely? Or maybe they'll develop all of Block B? Whereever they build their next building, I hope it's at a height other than 5 stories so that the neighborhood has some variety in it.
    Last edited by West Hudson; June 8th, 2015 at 12:16 AM.

I agree that the Advance and Debartolo Building is very interesting architectually. I was happy to see the construction management trailer in place too. Vermella Harrison are going to be high end and classy apartments. I recall seeing a proposed depiction of the Phase 2 Vermella Harrison Structure. I recall that one structure had a roof top swimming pool and another building had a courtyard swimming pool. The Russo Website clearly states that the building under construction is the Phase 1.

If you're referring to the renderings I think you're referring to, those are actually for this first building. There are two courtyards (one above the retail area and the other at ground level on the eastern end toward RBA. I believe the original plan was to have a rooftop pool but I guess that idea was scrapped in favor of this arrangement. Renderings for another building have not been released yet (to my knowledge, at least) but maybe we'll see something soon, especially if leasing at Vermella is brisk.

Cool Harrison Construction Update

200 Middlesex
    Heavy demo should be starting this week with equipment having arrived. Here's one last look at the rinky-dink buildings that will be replaced with a massive structure of 5-8 stories in the coming years.

300 Middlesex
    Alot of metallic panelling has gone up in the past few weeks, as well as the first balcony railing.

221 Bergen
    Stucco work is just about complete on the first building and stone installation began on Friday.

1100 FER South
    Masonry work is practically complete on two of the four sides of the building and has started on the rear (facing Red Bull Arena). Precast planters have been placed and an elevated sidewalk (similar to what we have in Harrison Commons) is taking shape along FER.

1200 FER South
    Work continues on raising the site to comply with flood plane guidelines.

127 Bergen
    Excavation of the foundations is taking place.

100-102 Harrison Ave
    Construction should be progressing to the third floor by the end of the week.

New Decorative Rail at Element
    Love this artistic new pedestrian barrier...not sure if this is the only place it will be installed but I think it would be great if the town replaced the banners on FER south of the PATH station with something like this.

Last edited by West Hudson; June 21st, 2015 at 10:16 PM.

Great pics!!! I have been wondering where people have been recently. Not many pics have been posted to these threads

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by msands7 View Post
    Great pics!!! I have been wondering where people have been recently. Not many pics have been posted to these threads
    Its summer , so there's a bit of a slow down on the forums....

West Hudson, what a great collection of photos you posted today. The photos really show the progress being made in developing Harrison. I think that many of us will remember 2015 as one of the development watershed years. I really like the look of the Fields Building, it has a classy look with the metallic panels. I have spoken to quite a few people who are thrilled that the old eyesore buidings behind the new Fields Building are being demolished.The cookie factory buiding is interesting. I thought it was originally going to be brick. It appears from your description that it is going to be stucco with tiles.

Last time I recorded my rambling around Harrison in 2011 http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showth...900#post370900

It was once a place I called home (2008-2009) and being one of the first folks to move in at the 201 Dey Street address. I've considered at least twice to return but the day has eluded me. Yesterday we took another walk around the town and took some photos.
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s394.photobucket.com/user/sleiveen/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>
    Last edited by sleiveen; June 22nd, 2015 at 01:27 PM.

Last time I recorded my rambling around Harrison in 2011 http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showth...900#post370900

It was once a place I called home (2008-2009) and being one of the first folks to move in at the 201 Dey Street address. I've considered at least twice to return but the day has eluded me. Yesterday we took another walk around the town and took some photos.

http://s394.photobucket.com/user/sle...tml?sort=3&o=0

http://s394.photobucket.com/user/sle...tml?sort=3&o=3
    http://s394.photobucket.com/user/sle...tml?sort=3&o=4

So it looks like the Backyard Grill (where the old Vicentes bakery used to be in FER Blvd) is now open.

-----JT-----