Page 86 of 114 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1708

Thread: Harrison Redevelopment

Quote Originally Posted by dennis200dz View Post
    I went on the website for 221 Bergen. They have an interactive feature where you can click on units to see if they are available. I clicked on approximately 50 units and all were available. Have the developers of 221 Bergen rented any of their apartments yet ? This could indicate a problem that may be the lack of amenities i.e nice restaurants, stores and other facilities etc. As many individuals have pointed out, there is a lack of amenities in Harrison. Has the buiding of apartment units gotten ahead of demand based on amenities etc. ? We shall see.
    Although there was a ribbon cutting ceremony, I don't know if they've actually had a grand opening to show sample apartments yet. Maybe they'll be holding one this week? I stopped by the building last week to check out a unit for a friend and there wasn't anyone around...didn't see any leasing agents. Even this weekend it looked as if they were still putting the finishing touches on the place, so perhaps next weekend they'll have an event of some sort. But I will say they haven't really done that much marketing...you'll see giant ads for Vermella in many of the PATH stations (Manhattan, JSQ, Harrison) and 330 Cifelli obviously is very visible to anyone riding the PATH through Harrison, but 221 Bergen doesn't seem to be doing much to let people know the place exists (they have a banner on the top of the building that is very visible from the Morris-Essex line and Rt 280, but most of the market segment they are aiming for takes the PATH and lives in JC and Hoboken). If I were them, I'd be taking out ads around PATH stations in those cities...

Edit: Looks like they will be having the first showings next weekend, by appointment only. So I guess they have not actually opened for leasing yet.
    Last edited by West Hudson; October 11th, 2015 at 11:00 PM.

Thanks West Hudson, I feel better now about 221Bergen and the rental process beginning there.

Default Passaic River Project in Newark

Has it been positively confirmed that the project along the Passaic River in Newark (across the Passaic River from WatersEdge and RiverPark) is the long awaited Army Corp of Engineer Flood Control Project ?

I am certainly not an expect in construction, can anyone enlighten me (and others) about what is going on at the Advance - DeBartolo Construction Site (next to the Russo Construction Site) on FER BLVD. The builders seem to be making large piles of dirt and then smoothing out the dirt. This seems to have been going on for a long time. When is the piling work going to begin ?

Thumbs up Rebar Starts Arriving at Advance Riverbend Site

The first batch of construction materials have arrived at the Advance site next to the Russo block C "Vermella" building on Frank E. Rodgers Boulevard, suggesting that foundation work should be starting soon. This is the largest building to break ground this year in the state of New Jersey outside of Jersey City.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Advance_Riverbend_Rebar.jpg 
Views:	568 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	18195  
    Last edited by West Hudson; October 12th, 2015 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by West Hudson View Post
    The first batch of construction materials have arrived at the Advance site next to the Russo block C "Vermella" building on Frank E. Rodgers Boulevard. This is the largest building to break ground this year in the state of New Jersey outside of Jersey City.

That's an impressive stat!! Which site is Block C?

Block C is the Vermella Harrison (which supposedly opens this week)...www.vermellaharrison.com
    Last edited by West Hudson; October 12th, 2015 at 09:46 PM.

Block C is the Vermella Harrison (which supposedly opens this week)...www.vermellaharrison.com
    Oh ok. So this rebarb is for the hotel. Nice can't wait to see that get underway.

Has it been positively confirmed that the project along the Passaic River in Newark (across the Passaic River from WatersEdge and RiverPark) is the long awaited Army Corp of Engineer Flood Control Project ?

I am certainly not an expect in construction, can anyone enlighten me (and others) about what is going on at the Advance - DeBartolo Construction Site (next to the Russo Construction Site) on FER BLVD. The builders seem to be making large piles of dirt and then smoothing out the dirt. This seems to have been going on for a long time. When is the piling work going to begin ?
    They may be making the land higher at the Advance site due to flood issues and a better base to build on?
    Last edited by JCMAN320; October 12th, 2015 at 09:50 PM.

The mitigation project entails building new steel & concrete reinforced walls, like you'd find along the Hudson River waterfront walkway. Besides protecting against erosion, it's also the starting point for creating permanent waterfront walkways in Newark and Harrison along the Passaic River (a few blocks of waterfront walkway has been built so far in Harrison, but it will be modified with the vertical retaining wall replacing the rock-covered slope that's currently there).

Default 330 Cifelli

I received an email today from the 330 Cifelli Complex, and I went on their website. For $1790 a month, you can rent a 629 square foot studio apartment. A one bedroom 727 square foot apartment goes for $1955 a month, and a 927 square foot two bedroom apartment rents for $2,310. Renters are responsible for paying for paying their own heat and AC which is electric. Moreover, they can rent a parking space in the parking garage next to the PATH Station for $160 a month. There is no amenities fee. Also, I did not read about any pet fee. I love the way that the email states that the parking facility is adjacent to the building. It is close by, but I certainly would not use the word adjacent.

Quote Originally Posted by JCMAN320 View Post
    They may be making the land higher at the Advance site due to flood issues and a better base to build on?
    The Advance blocks E & F didn't flood during Sandy...they're piling the dirt on the sites to help the ground settle. They went through a process known as dynamic compaction over the summer to increase the bearing capacity of the soil, and piling the soil ontop of the sites is just an extra step they're going through to compact it. Block E (the first site they piled soil on) is now completely level again with the street grid; this is the site of the first Advance-Debartolo building.

I received an email today from the 330 Cifelli Complex, and I went on their website. For $1790 a month, you can rent a 629 square foot studio apartment. A one bedroom 727 square foot apartment goes for $1955 a month, and a 927 square foot two bedroom apartment rents for $2,310. Renters are responsible for paying for paying their own heat and AC which is electric. Moreover, they can rent a parking space in the parking garage next to the PATH Station for $160 a month. There is no amenities fee. Also, I did not read about any pet fee. I love the way that the email states that the parking facility is adjacent to the building. It is close by, but I certainly would not use the word adjacent.
    To say the garage is adjacent is a stretch, but the developer of 221 Bergen claimed that their building is one block from the PATH station. Now THAT takes stretching the truth to a whole new level! (in reality of course, 221 Bergen is about six blocks from the PATH station...)

Just had to rant about 221 Bergen's advertisement claiming that the building is "just one block from PATH station". Talk about false advertising!!! Can't that get them into legal trouble? Try five (5) blocks.
    And what's with the shallow fake black Iron balcony or fire escape over some windows on the one side of Bergen?
    Isn't that a fire violation?

Those are called Juliet Balconies and are extremely popular design details. They allow you to throw open double glass doors to let air in and you to lean out of the window, but don't create the Miami Condo look of a building covered in balconies, which completely ruin a brick facade. Usually the railings are clear glass panels as in a few smaller infill buildings in JC and Hoboken, but anyone looking for a historic design uses black iron railings for the minimum 42" railing height. They are not fire code violations because the remaining clear opening is far larger than required.

Would be nice if someone did a rendering showing what Harrison could potentially look like when all the new construction is finished. Definitely will create two Harrison's, the old and the new.

-----JT-----

^Yes! I can't wait to see the finished product too. I've been trying to find renderings of the Heller proposal for the land opposite Harrison Commons along FER, but haven't had any luck. Once that development is completed, the area around the intersection of FER & Cifelli will be a thriving hub of restaurants and shopping...and it shouldn't be too much longer before it's a reality. 18-24 months?