Page 89 of 114 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1708

Thread: Harrison Redevelopment

It looks like this was demolished today, noticed it walking to the PATH this AM (guess no one wanted to lease it ):

337-399 Railroad Avenue
    Anyone want to lease it?

-----JT-----
    Last edited by vajt; December 22nd, 2015 at 04:43 PM.

Thumbs up More Equipment Arrives at Riverpark/Water's Edge Phase III Site

Along with the demo that vajt noted above (and that building came down really fast - practically in a single day!), a fourth excavator was delivered to the Geo Chem site along with an aerial lift yesterday. It looks like they did some preliminary demo work on the perimeter of the largest building in the complex today...demo should be ramping up soon.

Question 421 Bergen Street

So does anyone know what's happening here? The Advance Auto Parts, Betty Brite Laundromat, and Friendly Check Cashing have all closed for good. Has the landlord priced them out to make room for a Chase and Starbucks? Or has the building been sold? The site is next to the Wendy's, across the street from the LampWorks redevelopment.

Thanks all and have a happy holiday!

Given that all the tenants have been vacated, I expect that strip mall will be replaced with urban infill.

Quote Originally Posted by ASchwarz View Post
    Given that all the tenants have been vacated, I expect that strip mall will be replaced with urban infill.
    Yes, I agree. Nothing official yet has come up to the Planning Board but that is a prime site that is a 5-min walk to the PATH station and right by the ramps for I-280, not to mention practically adjacent to 3 other massive redevelopment projects (Lampworks, the Hub, Harrison Commons). My guess is they are going to market the site for redevelopment and sell to a developer. Note that the 5-story parking structure for Lampworks will cap off the eastern end of that block so it will probably be rezoned for at least 5 stories.

Thumbs up Heavy Demo Resumes At Riverpark/Water's Edge Phase III Site (Geo Chem buildings)

As of today, the largest building on the Riverpark/Water's Edge Phase III site is now being demo'd...it is the building in the center background in the photo below that is coming down:

Happy New Year everyone!

^^^If only they could have converted that to lofts...

The GeoChem site was really a mish-mosh of alot of different junk thrown together over time...very utilitarian and no real architectural value as far as I could see. Plus, there would've been so much wasted land on the site if it was preserved (and maybe that's one of the main motivations for demolishing it), not to mention the proportions don't match at all with the neighboring Water's Edge buildings. In contrast, Lampworks, which is a loft conversion project, consists of a small symmetrical building with significant architectural and historical value, another very large building that spans the length of an entire block, and a third building with architectural significance & symmetry. The buildings on that site fill out the block very well with proportions similar to the new developments sprouting up.
    Last edited by West Hudson; January 2nd, 2016 at 01:50 PM.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

tower, the mentality of the area does not support extensive loft conversion.

The site being only "a five minute walk" to the path station is a huge selling feature for building a residential rental/condo or perhaps mixed use residential with street level small scale commercial. With the modern and beautiful looking new path stations greeting those commuting to downtown; this would be a great place to live and commute to work in NYC. I can see the development plans going for the 'Urban Chic' attraction of Loft apartments as the edge city will soon be yet another 'hip' place to live just outside of NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by infoshare View Post
    The site being only "a five minute walk" to the path station is a huge selling feature for building a residential rental/condo or perhaps mixed use residential with street level small scale commercial. With the modern and beautiful looking new path stations greeting those commuting to downtown; this would be a great place to live and commute to work in NYC. I can see the development plans going for the 'Urban Chic' attraction of Loft apartments as the edge city will soon be yet another 'hip' place to live just outside of NYC.
    I couldn't agree more. For the Riverpark/Water's Edge III site in particular, I'm thinking retail will be part of the base of at least one building since the site is a bit closer to the PATH station and it will border a decently-sized waterfront park (two very desirable neighborhood features). My guess is we see something in the 5-7 story range built there, a bit taller than the first & second phases of the community.

Default 700 FER On Hudson County Planning Agenda - 1/20/2016

Heller Urban Renewal's plan for five new buildings with close to 800 apartments adjacent to the Northeast Corridor is on the Hudson County Planning Board's agenda for next Wednesday, 1/20. They were doing soil testing at the site and received Harrison Town Council approval for a crossing permit over the Conrail tracks across the northern border of the site over the summer. As part of the plan, they'll be making a few new city blocks and extending South Fifth Street into their development; my guess is this project finally kicks off by the Spring (of course it's anyone's guess at this point). If this one starts by Spring, then we could have three massive new developments taking shape along a half-mile stretch of FER alone (plus LampWorks, URL, and Riverpark/Water's Edge III).

Quote Originally Posted by section08 View Post
    So does anyone know what's happening here? The Advance Auto Parts, Betty Brite Laundromat, and Friendly Check Cashing have all closed for good. Has the landlord priced them out to make room for a Chase and Starbucks? Or has the building been sold? The site is next to the Wendy's, across the street from the LampWorks redevelopment.

Thanks all and have a happy holiday!

My wife and I were in Rite Aid last week, one of the employees told us they were told by management that they (rite aid) was supposed to get the contract to move across the street into this building, but Seabra's Market got the contract instead.

Quote Originally Posted by John Mccarthy View Post
    My wife and I were in Rite Aid last week, one of the employees told us they were told by management that they (rite aid) was supposed to get the contract to move across the street into this building, but Seabra's Market got the contract instead.
    Thanks for the update! It's about time we got a supermarket within walking distance of most residents' homes. This is great news!

http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....19th-2016.html

From across the Passaic River, the ongoing demolition on Harrison's Riverpark/Water's Edge Phase 3