Page 94 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1708

Thread: Harrison Redevelopment

Quote Originally Posted by ASchwarz View Post
    That isn't a source. That link has nothing to do with what we're talking about, which is car ownership per household.

Again, NJ has the second lowest car ownership in the U.S., only behind NY State (because of NYC), per the Census.

This should be pretty obvious as the vast majority of NJ lives in Northern/Central NJ and those areas have communities with some of the lowest auto ownership rates in the U.S. Places like Jersey City, Newark, Hoboken, West New York, Paterson, have extremely low auto ownership for U.S. standards, lower than anywhere outside of NYC.

I mean, if you think Northern NJ is car-centric, I wonder what you would think of Texas, or Florida, or Ohio, where basically everyone has a car. Even Chicago, SF, Philly city propers have higher car ownership rates than the urban parts of Northern NJ.
    Amazing. You must be great at parties. Moving along...

Thumbs up Secaucus, Harrison are Top Two Fastest Growing Zips in Hudson County

Harrison was the second fastest growing zipcode in Hudson County in 2015, beat only by Secaucus (I have a feeling that we will be #1 this year with all the new apartments hitting the market and growing awareness of what the town has to offer):

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/inde...ggest_pop.html

A pic of one of our flagship buildings at dusk tonight:

I see that a lot rentals are coming to the market, but are there any condos, similar to what used to be known as River Park at Harrison?

Quote Originally Posted by sleiveen View Post
    I see that a lot rentals are coming to the market, but are there any condos, similar to what used to be known as River Park at Harrison?
    The only major condo projects that have been built in the redevelopment area so far are Riverpark (on the waterfront) and Harrison Bridge Plaza (on Harrison Ave close to 280). But Ironstate has stated that the next phase of Harrison Commons may include a condo building (which I'm guessing will go next to the Element based on size - 150 units). Roseland had stated back in 2012/2013 that they may build condos a few years down the road as a future phase of Riverpark/Water's Edge, but no details have been publicly released about the next phase yet.

But you're definitely right about the rentals - once URL and 1200 FER South are complete, we will have seen roughly 2,000 new rentals built since the recession.

Thumbs up The Hub - Pre-Construction/Harrison Commons News

There's been quite a bit of activity at the Hub site in the last week (or really, in the past few months...mostly soil testing), and today survey stakes were placed throughout it. A few months back the project was cleared by Hudson County for new roads and infrastructure as well as five new buildings, and it looks like work might get started soon with the survey markings now in place (at the URL site, it was only a matter of a month or so between when the site was marked up and when piling started). The first buildings along FER will be 5 stories tall with retail at their bases and a wide public plaza between inlet and outlet streets, and the final phase will include an 11 story building in the slither of land between the Northeast Corridor and Route 280.

Also, I just learned that Building 4 in Harrison Commons (where the temp parking lot is on Cifelli, across the street from URL) will indeed contain the 1,000+ space garage and will rise 5+ stories (so a little taller than URL, which is mostly 4 stories with a few 5 story sections). According to Ironstate, that building will start construction around the time when URL construction wraps up early next year (although the parking structure might be completed as the first part of the project before the residential + retail that will wrap it goes up). The condo building will sit next to Element and the main parking structure at the other end of Harrison Commons and rise 7 stories (same height as the hotel) and might start to rise during URL construction or during construction of Building 4 (both of which will be rental buildings).
    Last edited by West Hudson; June 28th, 2016 at 10:23 PM.

Are there any plans for PSEG to move from their current location? Also, what is the building under construction closest to jackson street bridge? Is it residential or is it the AC hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by KMD1227 View Post
    Are there any plans for PSEG to move from their current location? Also, what is the building under construction closest to jackson street bridge? Is it residential or is it the AC hotel?
    PSEG is slowly giving up land and remediating...I'm not sure of a planned timetable for the complete turnover of their property, but my guess is it will be at least 10 years before that happens (all of Phase I of Riverbend is planned for build-out before the PSEG turnover as far as I know). As for the building rising closest to the Jackson Street bridge, that is Advance Realty's 1200 FER South (residential + parking - 286 rental units I believe).

Default 221 Bergen Fully Leased in 7 Months

No word yet on whether Hampshire has plans for further developments in town...here's to hoping (they did a really great job with this first development IMO).

https://globenewswire.com/news-relea...Community.html

^ This is great news, thanks W. Hud.
    Hey do you know why retail is so slow to fill in the Pegasus/Ironstate cluster? Should we be concerned that the MWilk Consulting website has been Under Construction for the past year? Thanks.

Default Restaurants/Retail

Quote Originally Posted by section08 View Post
    ^ This is great news, thanks W. Hud.
    Hey do you know why retail is so slow to fill in the Pegasus/Ironstate cluster? Should we be concerned that the MWilk Consulting website has been Under Construction for the past year? Thanks.
    From what I understand, the asking rents for the retail space are very high and the build-out requirements are very strict with alot of considerations. I think alot of businesses have been skeptical about the numbers working, but as more and more higher-end units fill in the area, the idea of opening a bar/restaurant/shop will become less risky and we'll start to see the retail filling in much more quickly. Ironstate is positioning its second garage (presumably also for use by commuters) strategically deep into Harrison Commons so that will pull potential commuter customers past URL/Building 4 retail; and if Building 4 stays on track to start construction early next year, we're only about 24 months or so away from having close to 3,000 residents in Harrison Commons alone; add to that the Hub and the hotel guests, and that number is closer to a pool of about 3,500, plus commuters, in the near term. That size of a middle/upper-middle class population should generate alot of potential opportunities for restaurants of all sorts to do well there.
    Last edited by West Hudson; July 2nd, 2016 at 01:07 AM.

Default Russo Phase 2

I am wondering whether Russo Construction is going to begin construction of their second building anytime soon. I noticed that their construction trailer has been moved directly across from the site where their second building will be located. I am assuming that the rental of units in the huge first building is going well.

On the site next to 221Bergen, construction of 2 two family homes has begun. I think that 5 two family houses are planned for this site. I would have preferred to see construction of a five story condo building which would have been a better tax ratable for the town.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis200dz View Post
    I am wondering whether Russo Construction is going to begin construction of their second building anytime soon. I noticed that their construction trailer has been moved directly across from the site where their second building will be located. I am assuming that the rental of units in the huge first building is going well.

On the site next to 221Bergen, construction of 2 two family homes has begun. I think that 5 two family houses are planned for this site. I would have preferred to see construction of a five story condo building which would have been a better tax ratable for the town.
    I'm not sure what the Russo trailer is doing on Riverbend Block A (where the Russo trailer is) and have been wondering if there's a 3-way partnership forming between Advance, Debartolo, and Russo to build something there. From the site plan on Advance's website, there's supposed to be a large grocery store on the southern half of the block, across the street from Vermella. But it's hard to tell if that will be a temporary low-rise infill building or just the base of a much larger building. Time will tell though...still waiting to see construction start on the Marriott AC (which I'm hoping we see a redesign for...ugh).

I've seen a flurry of work at the Hub site across FER from Harrison Commons in the past two weeks. Looks like they're probably doing a final phase of cleanup work so hopefully they'll get started soon on the first building. That project will really be a game changer since it will do wonders for our streetscape in that area.

Cool Construction of The Hub Begins

Today a set of heavy equipment arrived at our fourth master-planned neighborhood, the Hub, which is located directly across FER from Harrison Commons. The development will have 5 buildings ranging in height from 5 to 11 stories, retail, a public promenade that will link up with the center garden at Harrison Commons, and structured parking. This development (as I mentioned in a previous post) is a game-changer as it will largely complete the streetscape between the NE Corridor and Morris-Essex line (a 5-block stretch of FER Blvd). Here are some pics from this evening; today they delivered equipment and began setting up perimeter netting around the areas where the new roadways will be constructed:

View from Harrison Commons (taken between Element and 300 Somerset). In the not-too-distant future, there will be a 5-story building with retail filling in this spot:

Last edited by West Hudson; July 28th, 2016 at 09:28 PM.

Is there any hope that any of the housing units at the Hub will be condos ? I hope that the building plans are not downgraded like we are seeing with the first Advance - Debartolo Building currently under construction. It is great news that the first construction of the Hub is beginning. I remember what an effort it was to tear down all of the buidings on this multi acre site.