Page 95 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1708

Thread: Harrison Redevelopment

Default ZRolls Ice Cream

ZRolls Ice Cream Shop has opened at 306 Harrison Avenue. This is not your ordinary ice cream shop, but rather they specialize in Thai fried and rolled ice cream. Apparently, this is the first Thai Ice Cream Shop in New Jersey. The Thai Ice Cream Phenomenon appeared in New York City some time ago. I have been hearing excellent things about this ice cream, and will be going to the shop soon. They have a Facebook Page, and I must say that the ice cream looks interesting and delicious. This is just the type of cutting edge food business that the residents of Harrison have been clamoring for. I hope that this is the first of many specialized food establishments to open on Harrison Avenue and in other locations in town in the coming years.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis200dz View Post
    ZRolls Ice Cream Shop has opened at 306 Harrison Avenue. This is not your ordinary ice cream shop, but rather they specialize in Thai fried and rolled ice cream. Apparently, this is the first Thai Ice Cream Shop in New Jersey. The Thai Ice Cream Phenomenon appeared in New York City some time ago. I have been hearing excellent things about this ice cream, and will be going to the shop soon. They have a Facebook Page, and I must say that the ice cream looks interesting and delicious. This is just the type of cutting edge food business that the residents of Harrison have been clamoring for. I hope that this is the first of many specialized food establishments to open on Harrison Avenue and in other locations in town in the coming years.
    Thai Ice Cream is so good. I've tried it NYC and its nice to see Harrison get it's own shop but it's not the first in NJ. Freshly Freeze Ice Cream opened early on July 2 here in Jersey City. It's nice to see Harrison get it's own and I agree it'll be nice to see a wave of new specialty shops open in Harrison. These new places will ultimately make Harrison more competitive attracting new residents.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/freshly-free...am-jersey-city

http://jerseycityeats.blogspot.com/2...-now-open.html
    Last edited by JCMAN320; August 2nd, 2016 at 09:54 PM.

Default New Condos and Retail Space at FER Blvd and Cross Streets

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	18262   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	18261  

Wow are you serious? How do these posts always end up becoming about Jersey City? You are a class act. You really can't help yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCMAN320 View Post
    Thai Ice Cream is so good. I've tried it NYC and its nice to see Harrison get it's own shop but it's not the first in NJ. Freshly Freeze Ice Cream opened early on July 2 here in Jersey City. It's nice to see Harrison get it's own and I agree it'll be nice to see a wave of new specialty shops open in Harrison. These new places will ultimately make Harrison more competitive attracting new residents.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/freshly-free...am-jersey-city

http://jerseycityeats.blogspot.com/2...-now-open.html
    Last edited by section08; August 3rd, 2016 at 01:27 AM.

^^^ seconded. I don't see the need to go into another city's thread just to knock that city and pump up your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
    ^^^ seconded. I don't see the need to go into another city's thread just to knock that city and pump up your own.
    How did I knock Harrison?! I was just clarifying that it wasn't the first one in NJ. Hell the one in JC might not even be the first one in NJ but it opened before the one in Harrison. That's all.

You are a moron. There, I said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCMAN320 View Post
    How did I knock Harrison?! I was just clarifying that it wasn't the first one in NJ. Hell the one in JC might not even be the first one in NJ but it opened before the one in Harrison. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by section08 View Post
    You are a moron. There, I said it.
    Bravo. You know not a thing about me but you deduced that. You must be a Trump supporter if that's your level of conflict resolution ability or when one says something you don't agree with. All of this over a Thai Ice Cream shop no less.

Forum Veteran

Your Jersey City Elitism is showing... Of course its not the first Asian or exotic ice cream shop in NJ , but why did you feel the need to plug Jersey City in your answer?

Exclamation Newark Riverfront Park - Add Your Voice!

Since this will ultimately have an impact on, and be an amenity for, Harrison residents as well as those of Newark, I think it's important for anyone who lives in Harrison (or plans on living here) to make their voice heard in the survey below regarding what you want to see in the rest of Newark's Riverfront Park:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NewarkRiverfrontPark

Please share with your friends & neighbors too

btw - thanks for the news dennis200dz...great to hear about ZRolls and the new infill on FER North!

Quote Originally Posted by West Hudson View Post
    Since this will ultimately have an impact on, and be an amenity for, Harrison residents as well as those of Newark, I think it's important for anyone who lives in Harrison (or plans on living here) to make their voice heard in the survey below regarding what you want to see in the rest of Newark's Riverfront Park:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NewarkRiverfrontPark

Please share with your friends & neighbors too

btw - thanks for the news dennis200dz...great to hear about ZRolls and the new infill on FER North!
    I completed the survey, and am excited to hear about the Newark Riverfront Park. I recall what Liberty State Park did for Jersey City. I have been to river front park in other cities, and they seem to be very successful. The river front parks along the Passaic River in Kearny, North Arlington etc. have been well received by the local communities. Also, these parks can help mitigate flooding impacts.

PS I was rather suprised that ice cream could generate such strong postings, lol.

I took the survey as well. People have forgotten for so long Newark actually has a riverfront so extending it will only improve the Downtown area and Harrison will benefit as well hopefully to eventually mirror it on the Hudson County side. But what do I know I'm a moron apparently.

Dennis that was not my intention. The only reason i posted the links was to show it looked like it opened before the one in Harrison that's all.

Nexis I did not mean it in that way.
    Last edited by JCMAN320; August 4th, 2016 at 11:25 PM.

A small riverfront park is planned for Harrison near the RiverEdge Development. In fact, I read on the web that the State of New Jersey has already approved a Green Acres Grant for Harrison. Of course, Harrison will have the river pathway that will go from the Hampton Inn to behind the big PATH Maintenance Facility. The pathway will be great for walking, jogging, running etc. I strongly suspect that there will be a way to connect the pathway with the Newark Riverfront Park.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis200dz View Post
    A small riverfront park is planned for Harrison near the RiverEdge Development. In fact, I read on the web that the State of New Jersey has already approved a Green Acres Grant for Harrison. Of course, Harrison will have the river pathway that will go from the Hampton Inn to behind the big PATH Maintenance Facility. The pathway will be great for walking, jogging, running etc. I strongly suspect that there will be a way to connect the pathway with the Newark Riverfront Park.
    That connection across the Passaic has been proposed for sometime. If the funding is there I don't see why not.

Cool Harrison Construction Update

Urby (formerly URL)
    Overview from the Building 4 site:

Looking southwest from the intersection of Cifelli Drive & Third Street:

Looking northwest from Third Street at the retail area with residential above:

Staggered and bubble window sections along Cifelli Drive:

View to the East from Second Street:

One of the sections has had windows installed:

Vertical Garden wall:

Corner of Second Street and Cifelli Drive:

Site of 2-story "green" cafe:

The Hub
    Looking at The Hub site from across FER Blvd at Harrison Commons. Test piling has begun and infrastructure work is underway for new storm drains, water lines, etc. where new roads will be created:

Overview of utility work:

1200 FER South
    View from the entrance of Harrison from the Jackson Street Bridge:

Looking southeast at the main entrance:

Close up of frontage of building along FER Drive:

Corner of Cape May and Fifth Street:

Articulation of the design along Cape May Street:

Warehouse Adaptive Reuse
    These buildings are slated to be repurposed for structured parking and retail use:

And lastly...

Most of the work over the past few weeks has focused on platform construction.

Last edited by West Hudson; August 8th, 2016 at 12:13 AM.