Page 96 of 115 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1717

Thread: Harrison Redevelopment

I wish we could get an aerial of the redevelopment. Especially a before and after from 10 years ago to today just to see how much has already been built down there by the Red Bulls arena

Question Devils Games at RBA?

According to the article below, talks have taken place between the Devils and Red Bulls around "synergies" that could be created by sharing venues. There has been talk over the years around alternative uses for the arena, including using it for public ice skating during the winter and holding concerts and other live events during the warmer months of the year. The Red Bulls have also discussed purchasing the land east of the arena (opposite side from Riverbend) for development of restaurants, retail, additional entertainment facilities, and structured parking (I'd personally like to see some of Red Bull's stunt events held at the arena...).

Why would the Devils want to hold a game at RBA? For one thing, RBA has a capacity of 25,189 while Prudential Center's capacity is 18,711, or nearly 35% more attendee capacity for much higher ticket sales.

Could Red Bull Arena host an outdoor Devils game?

The Devils played one outdoor game at Yankee Stadium in 2014. Could Red Bull Arena also be an option? (Saed Hindash | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)

By Chris Ryan | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
    Email the author | Follow on Twitter

on August 08, 2016 at 12:55 PM, updated August 08, 2016 at 2:51 PM

The Devils have played in only one outdoor game since the NHL started holding the annual spectacles, but one local venue could be looking to add to that total.

In a story from CBS New York, Red Bulls general manager Marc de Grandprespoke about the versatility and appeal of his team's home stadium, and that led to this quote about the potential of bringing hockey to Red Bull Arena.

Red Bull Arena is literally a Sacha Kljestan corner kick away from the Prudential Center in Newark (or a Kyle Palmieri slapshot back the other way), so there is the possibility for the Red Bulls and Devils to work together on some projects, specifically a hockey game played on a rink constructed over the pitch.

"(Devils and Prudential Center president) Hugh Weber and I have discussed potential synergies between our two teams," de Grandpre said. "If it mutually made sense for both parties, it would be something we'd be open to explore."

The lone outdoor game for the Devils was played in 2014, when their rivalry with the New York Rangers took on Yankee Stadium. The Rangers erased an early deficit en route to a 7-3 win in front of 50,105 fans.

But that last number — 50,105 — could present the biggest hurdle toward bringing a game to Red Bull Arena. The stadium has an official capacity of 25,189 people, and a game there would rank as the lowest attended outdoor NHL game since the league started making them regular events in 2003.Of the 18 outdoor NHL games played since 2003, the Philadelphia Flyers vs. Boston Bruins at Fenway Park in 2010 drew the smallest crowd at 38,112.

So while Red Bull Arena might not be the most logical option for the NHL, the Red Bulls and de Grandpre are certainly open to the idea.

After the Devils played at Yankee Stadium in 2014, NJ.com listed Red Bull Arena as one of five other fun options for other outdoor Devils games.
    The Devils are not scheduled to play any outdoor games in 2016-17.

Chris Ryan may be reached at cryan@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter@ChrisRyan_NJ. Find NJ.com on Facebook.

Link: http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2016/08/could_red_bull_arena_host_an_outdoor_devils_game.h tml

Last edited by West Hudson; August 9th, 2016 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msands7 View Post
    I wish we could get an aerial of the redevelopment. Especially a before and after from 10 years ago to today just to see how much has already been built down there by the Red Bulls arena
    I recall seeing such a photo in the Harrison Town Hall, I recall it was more than 10 years old. It was a fascinating photo.

So the name is now Urby, I did not know this. I think that this building is going to be a crown jewel of Harrison Refevelopment. Fields builds excellent housing complexes.

Outdoor ice hockey is certainly a different type of experience. I certainly would like to see a match played at Red Bulls Stadium.

Lol these hipster names are so cute. I can't wait for a Helvetica to open in Harrison.
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis200dz View Post
    So the name is now Urby, I did not know this. I think that this building is going to be a crown jewel of Harrison Refevelopment. Fields builds excellent housing complexes.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis200dz View Post
    The Jersey City URL buildings were renamed to Urby also. It makes sense Harrison's would be too.

Also, there were piling machines at the far end of the Harrison Town Center project across from 100 and 300 Somerset. Work on that may be imminent.

Quote Originally Posted by towerpower123 View Post
    The Jersey City URL buildings were renamed to Urby also. It makes sense Harrison's would be too.

Also, there were piling machines at the far end of the Harrison Town Center project across from 100 and 300 Somerset. Work on that may be imminent.
    See photo update at the bottom of previous page of this thread :

http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showth...l=1#post460554

Default Harrison Station Ad in Newport

Looks like Ironstate is getting more aggressive with advertising...saw this wrapped all around the Newport PATH station (I've heard from realtors that alot of people are moving here from Newport):

Thumbs up BJ's to Open Sept. 3

BJ's Wholesale opening in Kearny

By Caitlin Mota | The Jersey Journal
    on August 26, 2016 at 7:00 AM, updated August 26, 2016 at 8:36 AM

A new BJ's Wholesale Club is set to open in Kearny, NJ on Passaic Avenue. The President and CEO of BJ's Wholesale Club, Chris Baldwin, gave a tour on August 24, 2016, and explained why becoming a member of the club is a great value for consumers. Roy Caratozzolo III | For The Jersey Journal

There's a new club coming to town.

BJ's Wholesale will open its newest club on Passaic Avenue in Kearny next weekend, bringing 140 new jobs to the West Hudson town.

Company officials said the opening of the new club could save the average family up to 25 percent a year on items they would normally buy from a grocery store. BJ's estimates the Kearny club will save its members a collective $10 million each year.

"We offer far more fresh produce, dairy, meat, and deli items than other clubs at prices that are lower than grocery stores," said Robert Hayes, the Kearny club's general manager. "With almost twice as many products as other clubs, we're the perfect one-stop shopping destination for everything from bananas to diapers to the latest electronics."

The opening of the the wholesale club is among the first stores to open the in the newly developed shopping complex, with Five Below, Carters, and Petsmart all expected to open locations.

A grand opening celebration will be held at BJ's on Saturday, Sept. 3, and will include food and beverage sampling, balloon artists, and face painting.

Caitlin Mota may be reached at cmota@jjournal.com. Follow her on Twitter @caitlin_mota. Find The Jersey Journal on Facebook.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/inde...rt_river_index

That whole area is really coming together as a major retail center. L.A. Fitness opened a few months ago across the street from BJ's and it's already doing great business, and the Shoprite immediately adjacent to BJ's is (finally) getting its facade replaced (exterior looked like it hadn't been upgraded since the 1970's). And on the other side of Shoprite there's been ongoing environmental cleanup; that site is rumored to be the future home of a Home Depot or Lowes...hopefully those plans move forward soon (we definitely could use either of those with all of the remodeling/renovation work in the area that gentrification is bringing in).

Default New Condo and commercial space building at the corner of FERB and Davis Streets

There is a new building going up on the corner of FERB and Davis Streets. It looks like the buiding will contain 4 condo residences and some retail, office or restaurant space on the first floor. The building is on a corner so there will be a great deal of window space on the first floor. What I found interesting is that the windows on the first floor appear to be taller than the normal buildings that one one see on many other similar buildings. Although this is not a major construction project or ratable, I thought that it deserved a mention.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	18270  
    Last edited by dennis200dz; September 7th, 2016 at 12:18 AM. Reason: correction

Default New Construction Observations

I took a walk around the major areas of construction going on in Harrison this evening. I was pleased to see a depiction of the five two family homes going up on Bergen Street next to 221 Bergen. It looks like the builder is trying to match the style with the 221 Bergen Avenue Appartment Building. The two family homes are much nicer than the typical older "Bayonne Boxes" that were build in town in the 1970s and 1980s. The first floor of each building has garages, and also some quality living space with large windows that will let in a great deal of light. I suspect that each two family will sell for nearly $700,000.

I get more disappointed every time I pass the Advance DiBartolo Building under construction. The building looks worse everytime I pass it. The windows in my opinion appear to be too small for the size of the building. This is the most mediocre buiding I have seen being constructed in Harrison and the neighboring towns.

The Urby Building is coming along. There seems to be a smaller buiding being constructed on the site with an interesting shape. I wonder what this structure will be for ?

Default Re: New Construction Observations

Although I really wish there was a single imaginative condo building going up across the street from 221 Bergen, I agree that at least in the renderings, the 5 two-family homes look pretty decent. And I concur with your guess on the price - seems like those that have been built much farther from the PATH are going for the low $600k's, so given the proximity to rapid transit and the neighborhood with 221 Bergen across the street, these will definitely have much higher asking prices. Looks like they will be following the color scheme and incorporating bay windows and similar materials to what we see on 221.

And it definitely looks like Advance has cheaped out on the construction of its first Riverbend building. But what should we expect from a developer who made lofty promises, came back to the town with multiple proposals in a musical chairs game with all of the Riverbend sites, and took about ten years to get a single project off the ground while other developers put great plans together and built them on aggressive schedules? I'm hoping that the facade has some features that take away from the small cheap windows; the Vermella is definitely light years classier and I'd be really upset if I were an executive at Russo Development (I think we can all agree that Advance should never have been chosen to redevelop any of that land). I still laugh everytime I think of the awards they received for Riverbend before there were even any signs of life at any of the sites....what a joke!!!

In contrast to that, Urby is indeed looking spectacular. My guess regarding that smaller steel building is that it will house the gym and some of the other amenities. I love how it takes a cue from some of the industrial buildings with the zigzag roof...certainly a one-of-a-kind building, unique to this town (Urby and Vermella are definitely my favorites so far).
    Last edited by West Hudson; September 7th, 2016 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by West Hudson View Post
    Although I really wish there was a single imaginative condo building going up across the street from 221 Bergen, I agree that at least in the renderings, the 5 two-family homes look pretty decent. And I concur with your guess on the price - seems like those that have been built much farther from the PATH are going for the low $600k's, so given the proximity to rapid transit and the neighborhood with 221 Bergen across the street, these will definitely have much higher asking prices. Looks like they will be following the color scheme and incorporating bay windows and similar materials to what we see on 221.

And it definitely looks like Advance has cheaped out on the construction of its first Riverbend building. But what should we expect from a developer who made lofty promises, came back to the town with multiple proposals in a musical chairs game with all of the Riverbend sites, and took about ten years to get a single project off the ground while other developers put great plans together and built them on aggressive schedules? I'm hoping that the facade has some features that take away from the small cheap windows; the Vermella is definitely light years classier and I'd be really upset if I were an executive at Russo Development (I think we can all agree that Advance should never have been chosen to redevelop any of that land). I still laugh everytime I think of the awards they received for Riverbend before there were even any signs of life at any of the sites....what a joke!!!

In contrast to that, Urby is indeed looking spectacular. My guess regarding that smaller steel building is that it will house the gym and some of the other amenities. I love how it takes a cue from some of the industrial buildings with the zigzag roof...certainly a one-of-a-kind building, unique to this town (Urby and Vermella are definitely my favorites so far).
    Anyone have any current Advance building pics?