Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I am being censored

For the record:

This post:

"Said like a true Amurican. Anyway, you guys are all heros in my book. (especially Zippy and Midtownguy... heros with baloney and extra cheese.)"

It was posted by me, but after reconsidering, I deleted it. It is a post that no one saw.

Zippy saw it only because deleted posts are soft deleted and the moderator (but not the forum) is able to see them.

It was posted when it was the dead of night in the US. No one was on line. And actually it was a post that I had changed a number of times.

Was it provoked? I think so. But so many posts on the thread were eliminated that it is my word against Zippys. But whatever, I thought better and removed it deciding it was not a cool thing to say. So basically I am being chastised for a post that no one saw, that probably lasted on line minutes as it was one of many changes and anyway.... it was deleted by me.

Those who follow my posts know that I refrain from such comments unless I am provoked.

The post was deleted by me, but here is just one example of the stuff I often put up with from Zippy. Has it been deleted by him? No, it's still there:

Apple takes Micrsoft: http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23728

But honestly I don't care.

The last thing I would want to see is censorship.
    Last edited by Fabrizio; September 14th, 2010 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    I don't care who is at fault; that's just another argument. I accept my share of blame in the matter; you just want to prove you're right, and have this nonsense go on.
    See what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post

Just relax. You are allowed your opinion here,
    Thanks.

but since when does calling someone a consort of the Ayatollah an "opinion".....
    I did that. Where?

The Ayatollah is Edward. I wish you would read with more sophisitication.

Btw, the walrus was Paul.

Zippy: if you are going to mention that deleted post, then I think I have the obligation to explain the context and background info to the forum.

Is there an "Ignore This Thread" option?

ps: Nothing against Mods personally, but there's no winning against them at WNY. They rule -- that's the way it's set up here. It's not a democracy and there's no 1st Amendment in the WNY rules. If differences between posters <> Mods can't be worked out via PMs then it's best to buckle up and move on. Like it or not.

Just one of my hard learned lessons from the trenches.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

The thing with Fab in particular, he's best put on /ignore. But when I was Mod here I felt an obligation to screen as many posts as possible, then you run across someone like him that likes to antagonize others, and you try to reign him in, then he starts mewling about being censored, like he has some kind of right to be obnoxious to others. It's a difficult position.

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    ps: Nothing against Mods personally, but there's no winning against them at WNY. They rule -- that's the way it's set up here. It's not a democracy and there's no 1st Amendment in the WNY rules. If differences between posters <> Mods can't be worked out via PMs then it's best to buckle up and move on. Like it or not.

Just one of my hard learned lessons from the trenches.

Agreed. And I have said all I need to say about this issue. Just let me say again, if any of my posts are out-of-line, offensive, against forum rules point them out.

Know that I have not sent any PMs to Edward about this. I don't want to influence his decision and I have nothing to explain. We are adults here and by now we know the various personalities of the forum and we all have our own opinions.

He'll do what he sees fit based on his own principles of what is right and wrong.

He is, after all, the Ayatollah.

Sometimes the Ayatollah says nothing (his right).

Abl, drop the reference. It wasn't funny or clever the first time and it is starting to get back-handedly insulting.

And Fab, you know you dance around the line. If you came right out and called someone a butt-hole it would be easy to point out what you said and tell you to stop, but instead you demean. You call the person things like "simple" and "cute" but not stupid. You belittle, demean and try to disqualify many posts not by the merit of what was said, but buy trying to reduce the perception of the poster, tehreby discrediting anythng they post.

It is a common political tactic almost copyrighted by the GOP, can't disprove a statement, discredit the one who said it. Hitler could say the sky was Blue, but come ON, its HITLER!!!!!

The last thing you do is also very simple. The last word.

You did this constantly to MTG. You would respond rather intelligently to one of his posts, only to take the last line or paragraph and add some snide comment like "Of course, that is not anything you would understand, now would you?" Again, it does not call anyone stupid. It does not directly insult, but if you think that is an innocent observation you are just plain wrong.

And Abl, you still have to relax. Something else is bothering you and it is coming out in here. Bleach does not blow up in your face when you pour it unless there was some vinegar in there to start with.....

^ As I said: if there is a post of mine that you feel is out of line or insulting please point it out. Ok?

As for the rest of the observations and allegations I will tell you:

"I will avoid doing a review of your threads, nor will I do an analysis of you as a poster, nor put myself in the position of spokesman for the forum. It's not my place to do so and I don't think others would be interested.

But go right ahead. You are well known here and forum members can come to their own conclusions."

No, I won't.

You irritate people. You can make up whatever reasons you want, but that is how it is.

And, different from posting an alternate viewpoint, you do it in almost a "coffee talk" kind of way. Backhanded comments, implied associations and flippant remarks, none of which when taken as individual instances is enough to build a case, but as a whole in undeniably posturing and confrontary.

So you can just keep crying "prove it" all you want. It is not my, or many others responsibility to "build a case" against you. It is not my job to pick through 1000 odd posts from the past 9 months and site each individual instance of condescending attitude only to have you pick each one and individually attempt to validate them.

"Well he said..."
    "That was in response to..."
    "That is not what I meant, if he saw it that way it is his problem, not mine..."

You have done it before, and you will do it again.

That is why, for the most part, I have you on Ignore!

Ninj: I truly have no interest in all of this.

If you have problems with my posts, all I can do is ask you to point them out.

Please know that there are plenty of forumers here who enjoy what I write and who I have great relationships with. And I have plenty of PMs that attest to that. I'm proud of my contributions to the forum.

If you feel differently, so be it.

We can't please everyone.

Why so much bile, Ninj?

Or maybe this ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast