Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I am being censored

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post

Or maybe this ...

^ I guess this could go for ALL of us who have posted in this thread. Thanks.
    Last edited by ablarc; September 15th, 2010 at 05:58 PM.

For the record folks:

In the Cordoba thread, I am being accused of opening this thread for no reason except the obvious. What ever that means.

The truth is, it was suggested to me to bring this to forum issues by another moderator. If the forum has some sort of head-honcho-moderator rating of who we are supposed to listen to above others, then I don't know of it.

And posting about the issue here seems to be a reasonable thing to do. When others had problems with moderators they have brought the issues here.

Why shouldn't I?

There are other accusations that are off base...but nothing new about that. In the meantime, the thread is closed. The last posts and behavior was truly mystifying to me and at least another long time poster.

You guys figure it out.

The thread was closed to get you here.

The Cordoba thread is open for on-topic posts.

Seems to me the proper place when having an issue with a Mod is to take it to Mods via PMs. The Mods can talk it out and (hopefully) come to a consensus about how to deal with the issue. Posters can also use PMs to enlist support and keep others informed regarding a posting issue. In reality the great mass of posters can do little to nothing about Mod actions. The forum just wouldn't work if Mod decisions were put to some sort of democratic vote.

As has been pointed out the Mods work for the forum to keep it running. They do it for free -- and for love and concern for WNY. Sometimes when feathers get ruffled or backs get stabbed (depending on how one sees it) it's best for posters of all sorts to take a deep breath and back off for a bit. Sometimes I find I just have to move away from the keyboard. Look out the window. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    Seems to me the proper place when having an issue with a Mod is to take it to Mods via PMs.
    ^ I do not remember you suggesting this when Stache started a tread about Punzie here.

Furthermore: this has nothing to do with a democratic vote. This is Edward's decision...but if my posts are vanishing then I have a right to inform the forum as to why. And if I feel it's censorship then I think it's an issue that is worth bringing up here too.

And if you notice I haven't pushed the issue. No response to Stache. No response to Ninja. Except for post #16&#32 which is responding to accusations, not much defending myself or trying to rally support. Not even a PM to Edward explaining my position. And my posts to Zip here... well, compare mine to his and decide for yourself.
    Last edited by Fabrizio; September 15th, 2010 at 07:27 PM.

Punzie? I can barely remember last week

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

You can always send a PM to Edward.

For the record [sounds so silly]:

Edward was not given any position. I sent him a PM directing him to this thread.

My position is simple. I can't effectively moderate with Fabrizio sniping at me.

I was fed up with it before the Cordoba thread was opened. I avoided any response to Fabrizio. He had to have been aware of it, because I wasn't quoted until post #368, two months after the thread was started. Given our argumentative history, does anyone think that was a coincidence? Again, I ignored it. About this time, the Fabrizio-MTG feud heated up, and another moderator stepped in.

On Aug 9th, I'm quoted twice in #635 and 636. My sarcastic reply in #637 was a reminder that I didn't want any contact with him. It's questioned in #640, and again I ignored it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio
    It was posted when it was the dead of night in the US. No one was on line. And actually it was a post that I had changed a number of times.
    The posts were on Aug 10th. And while they were changed, it wasn't exactly a matter of "maybe I don't want to say that."

02:13AM
    Said like a true American. Anyway you guys are all heros in my book.
    04:10AM
    ^ Said like a true Amurican. Anyway, you guys are all heros in my book.

(especially Midtownguy...he's a hero with extra cheese.)
    04:40AM

(especially Zippy and Midtownguy... heros with baloney and extra cheese.)
    So after considering the content, he adds me on the 2nd edit.

05:25AM

(especially Midtownguy... full of baloney and with extra cheese.)
    This wasn't the only time in the thread that I was linked to MTG-Fabrizio. Another remark is still in the thread somewhere, something like "that post has a zippy verve, a midtown quality to it." I didn't respond to any of this.

The next morning, I deleted the last version because it was responded to in kind by MTG, which I also deleted.

On Aug 10th, Fabrizio and MTG were fighting, and I deleted 10 posts.

On Aug 11th, I came home that evening to find a bigger fight between them. I had to close the thread and delete 25 posts.

I don't get paid for this.

Since he was ignoring that I wanted no contact with him, I told Fabrizio I would delete any quoted post, and he could complain to Edward.

Again, for the record: During the first two months of the Cordoba thread, when we avoided each other, the number of arguments was zero. It was transparent to the forum.

Is everyone happier now?

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Just give him infraction points every time he disrespects you. They add up and he gets banned which means the rest of us can enjoy the forum until he returns.

Zippy: you fail to mention your provacations and that much of those provacations were in posts you deleated.

The "especially Zippy and Midtownguy" post was mild and humourous in comparison.

And you are going on (again) about a post that I cancelled myself, and that no one saw (posted for 45 minutes in the dead of night), and that you only saw because a moderator can see cancelled posts.

I've had constant bullying from you and personal comments and they have been addressed in the past to moderators.

I've had a bizarre banning from you that Edward had to quicky overturn because it was so illogical... so illogical it was also accompanied by apologigies from other moderators. One long time moderator (no not Alonzo) PM'd me this:

Quote Originally Posted by ---
    You got painted into a corner. I think it was realized and you had a lot of supporters. "
    That's the technique: paint me into a corner.

I even had another weird directive from you not to post links to articles written in a foriegn language. Edward even had to rule on that too.

A perfect example of Zippy's baiting/bullying style can be seen in this thread... do take a look: http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23728

Note his comments and tone. Note mine.

And please note in that post it is Zippy who drags in MTG for absolutely no reason:

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    ^
    You can't possibly be that dense not to understand what I meant; so I'm assuming that you're trying to engage in another ridiculous argument. Sorry to disappoint you.

I'm sure MTG will be back soon.
    Read it in context. Note the completely out-of-the-blue billigerent tone, the wild accusations, the desire to pick a fight and pit forum members against one another. MTG was not even a part of this thread. Again deliberately trying to paint me into a corner.

And he has done it before. If you deliberatly provoke in that way... then it is only logical that I might take the bait and respond in same. If you don't want others to do it then stop. You are a moderator.

I could go on here but this thread is about the latest: I can't put what you say in quotes. Otherwise the post is removed.

Note too that he keeps saying over, and over again, that he wants no contact with me, but he responds to my posts in the Cordoba thread even when they are not directed to him.

If I don't want contact with a poster, I simply don't respond.
    Last edited by Fabrizio; September 16th, 2010 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ablarc View Post
    Why so much bile, Ninj?
    I spit up what I am forced to injest.

Less bile will produce less bile Abl, and you, of all people, should talk.

Quote Originally Posted by stache View Post
    Just give him infraction points every time he disrespects you. They add up and he gets banned which means the rest of us can enjoy the forum until he returns.
    I can't really expect you to understand; you don't have the information, and it's why I said this could only be settled by Edward.

I also said in post #6
    I don't care who is at fault; that's just another argument. I accept my share of blame in the matter; you just want to prove you're right, and have this nonsense go on.
    Ant that's what he's doing in post #40.

In post #1 Fabrizio states:
    He says in this just received PM: "I said I would not quote you and delete posts in which you quoted me."
    Makes it sound like the issue just popped up doesn't it? I sent him a similar PM on Aug 12, and the no-contact issue goes back before the Cordoba thread.

It involves a few other moderators and moderator-politics; this thread by BR; a still-unresolved issue involving another member; and an attempt by 2 moderators to have me removed as moderator.

At that point there was an unrepairable animosity between me and Fabrizio. I didn't want any part of it anymore. I tried to ignore it, and it worked for awhile, but found myself in the middle of another fight.

I don't care what Fabrizio says to whomever; his moderator-friends can take care of it.

The bottom line:
    I don't like like, but don't want to fight.
    He doesn't like me, but wants to fight.

He'll claim he doesn't understand this, and ask for examples, blah-blah.

Actually, he just doesn't "get it."

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    Note too that he keeps saying over, and over again, that he wants no contact with me, but he responds to my posts in the Cordoba thread even when they are not directed to him.

If I don't want contact with a poster, I simply don't respond.
    YOU choose who you want to engage with here: even if they quote you - just leave it alone.

There are more than enogh ‘eyeballs’ around to see if you are sincere about not wanting to interact with another member/mod – so simply just do not respond to that person regardless of what they say about you OR your posts.

You have the opportunity here to ‘prove’ that you want the solution more than you want the argument.

^
    Infoshare, don't you have an agenda-item in the mod forum?

Fab, bottom line.

Stop. Just stop. You know what you are doing, you know what it does. Feigned ignorance is not an excuse.

"Oh that was cute"... Maybe, if you did not already have strained relations it would have been fine, but if you just got into a fight with someone you really do not have the ground to stand on to start joking around with them. "Baloney with yadda yadd yadda" is another example of glib derogatory commenting.

Innocent by context only works if the context is the same on both sides.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast