Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I am being censored

Default I am being censored

My posts are being removed in the Cordoba House thread.

I have had an ultimatum from Zippy not to quote his posts.

He says in this just received PM: "I said I would not quote you and delete posts in which you quoted me."

My posts were absolutely fine. But if any of my posts are out of line...offensive...against forum rules, please inform me and I will be the first to appologise.

But this, besides being just ...odd... is censorship.

Since he started doing this, I have begun doing screenshots of my posts.
    Last edited by Fabrizio; September 14th, 2010 at 11:45 AM.

I wished no further contact with him, and explained it in an exchange of PMs some time ago that I would delete any such posts. We don't get along, and it disrupts the forum. Since I've done this, there have been no stupid fights between us.

I said then, and repeated today, that he could take his complaint to Edward. I haven't heard from Edward, so I assume he hasn't.

Why not?

@Fab

You are pissing him off.

Instead of giving you a set of rules that you can start splitting hairs on, he is telling you that anything you quote from him on that thread (or any other politically charged one) would be deleted.

You can't respond w/o quoting him?

^
    Not really pissed off. Just tired of it.

Will you please show us any of my posts in the Cordoba House thread that are disruptive?

Or anywhere else for that matter?

I believe this is censorhip of ideas.

All along I have asked: if any of my posts are out of line...offensive...against forum rules, please inform me and I will be the first to appologise.

^
    I have not deleted even one post in which you didn't quote me. I assume you express ideas in these posts. You are free to comment on any material I post, but I don't want any back-and-forth contact with you. It always leads to drawn-out fights, and other members have complained.

I don't care who is at fault; that's just another argument. I accept my share of blame in the matter; you just want to prove you're right, and have this nonsense go on.

This isn't going to be solved by the forum. Take it to Edward. I'll accept his decision, and consider what I want to do.

It's not going to be solved to my satisfaction by the forum.

If you don't want back and forth contact then you are free to not respond.

In the meantime I will quote posts, as all are free to do here.

Again I will repeat: if any of my posts are out of line...offensive...against forum rules, please inform me, and I will be the first to apologize.

I don't think anyone here can be expected to do more than that.

^
    This goes further back than the Cordoba thread, when i told you to take your complaint to Edward.

Until I hear from him, I will continue deleting posts in which you quote me.

Never mind. I'll do it for you.

Zip, I think you need to back off, or you'll seem like some of your least favorite volk from the Thirties.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    I wished no further contact with him, and explained it in an exchange of PMs some time ago that I would delete any such posts. We don't get along, and it disrupts the forum. Since I've done this, there have been no stupid fights between us.

I said then, and repeated today, that he could take his complaint to Edward. I haven't heard from Edward, so I assume he hasn't.

Why not?
    Until you hear from the Grand Ayatollah, huh? Why don't you use your god-given judgment?

Thought you were the rugged individualism guy.
    Last edited by ablarc; September 14th, 2010 at 01:09 PM.

^
    You speak with no knowledge, and no experience as a moderator.

I found myself dragged into the MTG-Fabrizio fights, which you can conveniently walk away from.

One of the posts in the Cordoba thread by Fabrizio:

Said like a true Amurican. Anyway, you guys are all heros in my book.

(especially Zippy and Midtownguy... heros with baloney and extra cheese.)
    I saw it the night it was posted, and ignored it. It was later deleted and reposted without mention of me. There was another post in the Cordoba thread that linked MTG and me. Both were completely unprovoked by me.

As a moderator, I wanted to completely remove myself from the situation. I spent considerable time that night deleting about two dozen posts by MTG, Fabrizio, and others who jumped into the fight in the Cordoba thread. I got an apology via PM from MTG, but Fabrizio questioned when I left in post #x.

Since you're not a moderator, you don't see any of this shit. So unless you want to take on the job, don't tell me to back off.

Quote Originally Posted by ablarc View Post
    Until you hear from the Grand Ayatollah
    Are you transferring hostilities from the Cordoba thread?

Why don't you use your god-given judgment.
    Re-read the thread. I think I did.

Lets look at it this way.

fab likes to disagree, nit pick, insinuate and play with people. He has done that to quite a few.

Does this make him evil? No, but it does make for endless back-and-forth that has, literally, chased many away from posting on any threads where they have shown up.

Is this criminal? Nah, but it isn't communal.

Now, whenever someone steps in, whether using surgical precision, or simply throwing a blanket on the fire, they get criticized in the same manner. A mildly degrading flippant tete-a-tete(sp) that grates on some people's nerves.

Now the alternatives we have are simple. Let Fab dominate the thread, and indeed a lot of the board, shut him up entirely and ban him (or clip sizable portions of what he has said from existance w/o any proven reason, which he will argue is what is being done here), or try and MODERATE w/o an all-or-nothing solution. the third is what requires the most work, and it really helps to have a bit of compliance from the other side, otherwise the rules start getting less subjective and more absolute.

BTW, there have been demonstratiuons of less tolerant moderation being performed in other threads at other times in recent history, for which I will not directly refer, and I think we are lucky to have someone as even-handed as he is to handle things here.

I guess the key thing to remember here is that Zip is TRYING to remove himself from any direct interaction with Fab. The cleanest way to do this is to not directly refer to his posts, and request that Fab do the same.

We all know that the latter just does not happen, so Zip has resorted to something more extreme, but easily avoided. Simply do not quote him.

That's it.

BTW Abl, what is with the unrestrained hostility? You really are crossing the line with those comments. You think for a minute that they will help calm things down?

Don't answer that, it was purely rhetorical.

Just relax. You are allowed your opinion here, but since when does calling someone a consort of the Ayatollah an "opinion".....

Again, don't answer.

Ninja: I will avoid doing a review of your threads, nor will I do an analysis of you as a poster, nor put myself in the position of spokesman for the forum. It's not my place to do so and I don't think others would be interested.

But go right ahead. You are well known here and forum members can come to their own conclusions.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast