Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Giants

It was a great game, and congratulations to all the Giants fans. Yet as the game was ending I could not help but recall this play and wonder what the Giants' season would have been like had it been called a fumble.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-10132589

Of course the Giants also got screwed against Green Bay, so I guess it all evens out.

Still, great job by Eli. With 2 Superbowl MVP's he has to be considered right up their with the best of the league's MVPs.

The Giants deserved the win, yhey outplayed the Pats today.
    Last edited by eddhead; February 5th, 2012 at 10:27 PM.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Woohoo! Congrats Giants!

Way to go Giants!!! What a game!! I can't believe we beat them again!! Giants win their 4th Super Bowl; 8th NFL Championship overall; 3rd most in the NFL!! They are also only one of 5 teams to win 4 Super Bowls!! Eli is the first NY quarterback to WIN two Super Bowls; Simms was on the team in 90 but was hurt; Jeff Hostetler won it for the Giants in 90. This is awesome; I will be going to my second parade in 4 years on Tuesday!! I wonder if Rex Ryan will show up and see how a REAL team wins a Super Bowl!! This will always be a Giants town just like this will always be a Yankees town!

Only one iconic sentence can sum up the Giants season. What a long strange trip it's been.

Fantastic roller coaster ride of a season.

Default Giselle Rips Pats' Receivers

February 6th, 2012Uh oh: Gisele blames the receivers after the Patriots Super Bowl XLVI loss

Posted by Ian Rapoport at 9:47 am

There was a nice post-game scene last night following Super Bowl XLVI, where Gisele went running down the hallway yelling for her husband, found Tom Brady, and embraced him in an emotional hug.It turns out, there was emotion all around… and some of it may get the Brazilian supermodel in some hot water.

In the aftermath, while walking with several players wives, Gisele was taunted by a Giants fan who said Giants QB Eli Manning owned Brady.Her response was caught on video by a site and TV show called “The Insider,” and this is it. Gisele, who Brady says can get fiery after games, rips the receivers.

Late in the game, Wes Welker, Aaron Hernandez and Deion Branch all failed to come up with tough catches. We know this. But to hear her say it… it’s noteworthy.“You (have) to catch the ball when you’re supposed to catch the ball,” Gisele said, responding to the fan, via The Big Lead. “My husband cannot (expletive) throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can’t believe they dropped the ball so many times.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/

I wonder if the guys really give a crap about what she said... or if this is something that will stay on the spousal side of the line (my hubby/your hubby).

It IS, however, in poor taste to answer a rip from an opponents fan by dissing your husbands "co-workers". She should have just insulted the fans manhood and left it at that.

Play of the game.

In a season with too many bad calls by officials, you have to say the Side Judge was right there with a good call.

I can't pick up streaming media in the office, but I have a pretty good idea about which play you are referring to. Great throw, and great catch. What can you say? Eli came up with another big play in the 4th qtr. The guy is money in the clutch.

Of course if you are a Pats fan the play of the game is the Welker "drop". I use quotation marks because in reality that would have been a helluva catch if he came up with it. But the bottom line was the Giants made enough big plays (including the int) to win.
    Last edited by eddhead; February 6th, 2012 at 03:31 PM.

I'm just glad Bradshaw accidentally landed his plump little rear in the end zone. ^That video, I knew he was inbounds, & I was surprised it was challenged, & loked at it as just a stalling tactic by NE.

Street Closures Planned for Giants Parade in Canyon of Heroes

... Gridlock Sam tweeted his advice to commuters: "DON’T EVEN THINK OF DRIVING!

"He offered other tips, tweeting, "City workers, don’t park cars within 200 ft of parade route.
    In past parades, fans stood on cars & crushed them."

Go NY!

Quote Originally Posted by mariab View Post
    ^That video, I knew he was inbounds, & I was surprised it was challenged, & loked at it as just a stalling tactic by NE.
    No one can say for sure in real time whether Manningham got both feet inbounds, while maintaining control of the ball. While we were watching slo-mo replays, Manning was rushing to run another play. Belichick had no choice. Even a slight chance that a big play like that is reversed is worth burning a timeout.

No one can say for sure in real time whether Manningham got both feet inbounds, while maintaining control of the ball.
    I had no doubt. I may not have telephoto eyes, but I knew he had it secure while he was still inbounds. No 20/20 hindsight, just confidence.

Good parade in NY, excellent rally in NJ. Eli's calm through everything is amazing & he's a natural leader. I hope we're looking at a new NFL dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by mariab View Post
    I had no doubt...No 20/20 hindsight, just confidence.
    Sounds like Rex Ryan in September.

Without the trash talk.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast