Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Knicks matter again...

everyone sucked, but Carmelo sucked the least.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    Well, I read it somewhere, but forget the specifics - because of salary structures, JR Smith will probably not be on the Knicks next season, so there's an opening for Shumpert.
    Because of salary cap considerations, the most the Knicks can offer him is $5M. Although, if he keeps playing like this no team is going to want to match that.

In all fairness, the guy had a 102 degree tempeture the day before the game. He could not have been feeling too good.

This iteration of our Knicks..... Not exactly the heart of a champion, thats for sure

This series is like a big F**K YOU from Donnie Walsh to Jim Dolan for not letting him run the team his way as the baskeball expert....

It is not entirely fair to blame this on Anthony who was the best player on the team again last night, especially when Smith shoots 1/8, Kidd (again) fails to score a point, Felton is being taken to school, and Chandler of all people seems to be getting man-handled.

The reason I am so hard on Anthony is that i truely think he has talent to be a top 3 player in the league if he concentrates less on getting his shots, and more on facilitating opportunities for others, the way James does. He is not James, but he is an awesome talant. Chandler alluded to it in the papers the other day. He and Smith have to be willing to drive the land and kick it out to guys with open looks. Of course, it would help if someone would knock down and damn jump shot once n a while, and Chandler would reestablish his defensive presence.

Right now Anthony is playing well. We need him to play great. He has it in him, and demonstrated as much throuhout the season. If he can pick it up again, we still have a shot. But the Knicks fortunes clearly rest on his shoulders -not because he is playing badly, but because he is not playing up to the level of greatnesss he can.

@Trepye: Would Donnie have kept Chandler?

I agree with Eddhead that Chandler has been getting eaten up by an inexperienced player; maybe it's his nagging injury, but he's not playing like the center of last year. More than that, as the player on the team with championship experience, he's not providing a steadying presence. The Knicks as a team complain about the refs too much, and I don't understand how Woodson - it's not his style - permits it; but Chandler has been the worst this year, getting stupid technicals.

The team with veterans has been the one losing its cool, while the young team has kept its poise.

Trying to get into Anthony's head: The way he may look at the situation is that the only game they won is when he took complete control of the offense. But that can't work in every game. He's actually taken less shots in the playoffs than during the season, so I don't know how he comes out for the next game.

Woodson kept JR Smith together for the season, but he's clearly gone now, since his one game suspension. I saw it late in the game, there was time for one last run. Smith inbounded at half court, couldn't find anyone and threw it right to a Pacer. Then he just stood there.

Shumpert looked terrible on offense. Maybe it's his knee. Who knows. Woodson was asked if Shumpert was sitting because he wasinjured, and said no, it was because he wasn't scoring.
    That's the problem. Knicks aren't going to win games if they're held under 90 points. The key isn't Anthony; it's #2. If Felton has to be that #2, they don't spread the floor.

This series rests on JR Smith.

Forum Veteran

Woodson stubbornly benching Copeland makes no sense

@Trepye: Would Donnie have kept Chandler?

I agree with Eddhead that Chandler has been getting eaten up by an inexperienced player; maybe it's his nagging injury, but he's not playing like the center of last year. More than that, as the player on the team with championship experience, he's not providing a steadying presence. The Knicks as a team complain about the refs too much, and I don't understand how Woodson - it's not his style - permits it; but Chandler has been the worst this year, getting stupid technicals.
    Well, 20/20 HS notwithstanding, had he gotten the knicks Hibbert instead of Chandler how would the Knicks be faring in series? But that is just one example, there are of course other things to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by TREPYE View Post
    Well, 20/20 HS notwithstanding, had he gotten the knicks Hibbert instead of Chandler how would the Knicks be faring in series?
    Well, that's just silly. Hibbert was picked 17th overall, and not by the Pacers. That statement has nothing to do with whether or not Donnie would have kept Chandler. He was Def Player of the Year in 2012.

Why stop there; why didn't the Knicks get LaBron?

Back in this thread, it was discussed whether the Knicks should trade Chandler and another player for Dwight Howard. How would that have looked now in 20/20 HS?

20/20 HS isn't "notwithstanding." It's the way you look at things; anyone of us can be a genius looking at the past.

Anyway, you miss the point about Chandler. The Knicks aren't losing this series because Hibbert is better than Chandler. They're losing because they're not playing like the better team they are.

Oh pipe down with the barbs Chimpy, I was just postulating a straw man (hence 20/20 being thrown in there ) signifying that Donnie could/would have opted for younger and athletic team that has one player over the age of 27 (like the pacers) instead of having one player 27 or younger (like the Knicks); which irrespective of what team you define as "better", the series, so far, defines the Pacers as not just better, but vastly superior.

Besides the fact that I dont believe that LeBron was ever coming to NY, I though he should have stayed in Cleveland; didn't want him to begin with, too much sideshow.

You begin with one of your rants:
    This series is like a big F**K YOU from Donnie Walsh to Jim Dolan for not letting him run the team his way as the baskeball expert....
    And I'm supposed to know all your doing is "postulating a straw-man."

If it was a straw-man, then it really had no purpose, or as I said, silly.

which irrespective of what team you define as "better", the series, so far, defines the Pacers as not just better, but vastly superior.
    Have you postulated another straw-man; or just straight 20/20 HS?

Hard to tell.

I agree with GG on Copeland. As it stands I believe Anthony is shooting less than 40% from the field in this series; and even worse than that in the 4th period. It is not that he is taking too many shots, it is more like no one else is capable of putting the ball in the hoop so the shots he takes are tough ones. Maybe Copeland can help.

Could work, but they'll lose defense. There was a point late in game 4 (maybe 1:50) where the Knicks were down 9 and the Pacers turned it over. A score cuts it to 7. Knicks missed the shot, but what killed them was that the Pacers (Augustin I think) came back and canned one from the arc. That was the nail.

I think the Knicks should go back to small. Start Prigioni and Felton in the backcourt. Chandler has to step up in the paint. Hibbert isn't Olajuwon.

@ Garden last night, sounds/feels just as awesome (if not better) than what you hear on TV. (Blue Man Group introduces them now, lol?) Our shots were actually going in, theirs werent for a change; and it helps that the team was playing like cornered rats. Lets do it again, and maybe one more after that....

Could work, but they'll lose defense. There was a point late in game 4 (maybe 1:50) where the Knicks were down 9 and the Pacers turned it over. A score cuts it to 7. Knicks missed the shot, but what killed them was that the Pacers (Augustin I think) came back and canned one from the arc. That was the nail.

I think the Knicks should go back to small. Start Prigioni and Felton in the backcourt. Chandler has to step up in the paint. Hibbert isn't Olajuwon.
    I am OK with going small and using Chandler in place of Amare on the second unit. I never thought I would actually say that though