Thread: Knicks matter again...

PJ to JR and IS:

' We went 5-32 with you, we can go 5-32 without you....'

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...-fighting-life

Anthony Mason suffered heart attack

Hang in there Mason....

Peter Vescey put it BEST:
    Peter VecseyVerified account ‏@PeterVecsey1 10h10 hours ago
    Should Anthony Mason pull through, I'm told he'll need a heart transplant. Charles Oakley may be lone person with one big enough...

Hope that one of my absolute favorite childhood heroes comes out of this ok. He along with Starks, Oakley and Ewing set a standard for playing life with intensity and passion; you may lose but never regret the effort you put through.

No other Knicks team has come close to generating that type of exhilaration and excitement (too bad that slob D. Stern never allowed non-Jordan teams to win championships when they were at their prime); the only team outside of basketball that reached that level are the Eli-Giants, with the late 90's Mets team a far behind.

Forum Veteran

Not to be an even bigger debbie downer but hoping for a heart transplant is hoping for a healthy person to die

Quote Originally Posted by TREPYE View Post
    No other Knicks team has come close to generating that type of exhilaration and excitement (too bad that slob D. Stern never allowed non-Jordan teams to win championships when they were at their prime); the only team outside of basketball that reached that level are the Eli-Giants, with the late 90's Mets team a far behind.
    I don't know... the '69-70 and 72-73 teams did a pretty good job....

In fact throughout that era, Knick teams were selfless, played aggressive team defense, displayed amazing ball movement, and consistely fed the open man.

Those were some good teams.

In terms of other teams outside of basketball generating that level of excitement, I would refer you to the '69 Jets.
    Last edited by eddhead; February 12th, 2015 at 11:43 AM.

Eddhead, I wasn't born yet. The earliest memories of sports come from the Mxico 86 World Cup onward. Considering the accolades I heard I sure would have LOVED to see that 69 team play on a day-by day basis..

Sure, make me feel even older than I do ....

Knicks get No. 4 pick in 2015 NBA draft, Timberwolves get top selection

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.2228580

Won 2 out of the last 3 games to get out of last place and lose out on the top pick.... Of course, it was more important to go into next season with some good momentum.

Forum Veteran

Of course, it was more important to go into next season with some good momentum.
    Yes, those guys will have good momentum on whatever not-the-knicks team they end up on....

This dude pretty much adequately captures the miserable existence of being a Knicks fan; which is pretty much how I felt last night when in one of the best college classes ever they pluck some 7 foot-2 inch "project" from Europe.

Forum Veteran

This dude pretty much adequately captures the miserable existence of being a Knicks fan; which is pretty much how I felt last night when in one of the best college classes ever they pluck some 7 foot-2 inch "project" from Europe.
    Porzingis easily the best player left on the board after Towns & Russell got taken. He's going to be a terrific addition to the team. Here's more about the kid (from before the draft):
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/meet-th...193427860.html

Don't cry for Mudiay, Grant is the next best thing. Who would have thought we could get a first round draft pick for Hardaway Jr?

Now its about free agency and developing Cleanthony & building the system from the ground up. Knicks goal for 2015-16 will be .500 and to contend for the East the following year

Oh Great. Another rebuilding year.

Forum Veteran

Did you expect otherwise?

Kind of.

The Knicks have a lot of investment sunk in a top tiered player who is getting long in the tooth. I am not at all sure that Anthony, who has taken a real beating over the past 3 years, has enough time left in his career to play thru another rebuilding year. Given the age and stage of their best player arguably a superstar, i would have hoped to see more urgency on turning this team around next year.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718