Thread: Forum Database Errors?

Default Forum Database Errors?

Last night the mods received a PM from Lofter about missing posts from Dec 3rd to yesterday. Lofter also opened a thread in Forum Issues titled "Missing Posts."

Earlier this morning, I noticed the same problem on my own profile - no posts listed after Dec 3rd. However, several recent posts I checked were visible in the posted threads.

I could not find Lofter's Missing Posts thread from the main forum screen; also, I had a PM notification, but it did not show up at the Inbox.

Mods gets email alerts when someone sends us a PM. The email shows links to the PM and the thread. From those links, I can view Lofter's PM and the Missing Posts thread.

The profile post-list problem seems to have cleared, but I still can't see Lofter's thread. Also, the forum has gotten very slow, so something is going on.

I think someone is mining and spamming you.

That one thing I put an alert on this morning was the first time I saw that many spam replies posted to so many threads consecutively.

If there is a problem with someone taking up server time, it may not have enough left to accurately update the summary DB's (the lists and indices).

I may be 100% wrong, however.... :P

^
    Unrelated.

One spammer made 13 posts. Also, Fashionista returned with about 8 IDs and posted crap in one thread.

Neither would affect server performance.

Both my new thread and my notification PM have disappeared. I posted those last night, when ALL forum posts & threads from December 3 [my last post that showed up then was from 12.3 in regard to the BrooklynRider brou-ha-ha] up through December 22 had disappeared. Sensing some cyber weirdness I went away. When I came back to WNY an hour later everything was magically in order, with all the missing posts & threads back in place. But my new thread ["Missing Posts" in Forum Issues] and my PM to the Mods were no where to be found (and are still invisible to my eye).

Spooky.

Last night I was visited by a white robed figure who took me around to my old boarding school.... and I never even attended boarding school.