Thread: I live in the UK and my daughter lives in the USA. I need to get some money to her.?

Default I live in the UK and my daughter lives in the USA. I need to get some money to her.?

The last time I wired money from my account to hers, not only did my bank charge me but some unknown bank in New York charged me as well for the transaction! I don't think that's fair to be charged twice. Especially since my bank instructed that ALL charged were to be taken out on this end. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting the money to her?

What I've found to be the most practical way is using www.paypal.com. Now, obviously, they charge a fee too (surprise huh?) so you might want to check into whether it actually is cheaper than a regular bank transfer or not, I do not know.

Also Western Union I suppose. You are going to be charged no matter what. Your bank is most likely the most secure way to do it.

Yeah, WU is good too, I just like paypal for it's simplicity and ease of access.

And while bank transfers are most secure, they also take a fairly long time. Making transfers from my accounts in Europe to the US can sometimes take as much as a week, unless I pay for express service, which usually adds a fee around $100. PayPal (and WU I assume) are pretty much instant.