Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Baccarat Hotel and Residences - 20 W53rd St -

strickers

Baccarat New York: You can see the foundation pit in the bottom center of the pic. It will be taller than Museum Tower.

Torre Verre is a little to the left and across 53rd Street. Permits were filed recently for a temporary exhibition structure.

Directly above TV's site in the photo, towards the center, is the mysterious site at 52 West 57th. If they build something above 400', top floor units could have Central Park views.

105 West 57th will appear towering between Hampshire House and Trump Parc in the photo.

Extell is building a hotel in front of the Solow Building.

432 Park will appear directly right of the Sony Building.

I hope that Verre is built. This "Baccarat" sucks. It's as if Tribeca Associates, CIM, and L&L are in a competition to build the lamest structure in the most prime sites. Even though 610 Lex sucks too, at least it's in a crappier location.

P.S.: But for 2 WTC and Hearst, Foster delivers sh.it to NY.

P.P.S.: not only is the shape a pathetic, lame box, but I'll be the facade turns out like crap too with those cheap metal gratings. It will look like the Beatrice.

I remember there was a time when that 'chippendale' crown on top of the 'Sony Building' was something many Architecture critics - professional & pedestrian - criticized. It was referred to as 'kitsch' or 'tacky' ; but now seems pleasant looking enough - a nice subtle decorative crown. I think that was Philip Johnson, he did nice work; a bit of a 'whore' LOL - but he did nice work. The angry cries of the critics do fade quickly with the passing of time, it makes one stop and wonder a bit, as to just why they even raised a fuss in the first place.

Any way, that is one terrific panoramic photo of the area: that kind of photo is what keeps Wirednewyork fans always coming back for more. Thanks.

http://www.great-quotes.com/quote/11558
    Last edited by infoshare; October 14th, 2012 at 04:41 PM.

I love the Sony building.

Interesting. I feel like the Sony building was the late 80s/early 90s idea of a classic (like One WorldWide Plaza), and now, 20 years later, is clearly not. It's not insultingly ugly, but I still tend to think of it as a kitschy mix of styles that doesn't click. I prefer the Four Seasons from the same time period, even if it suffers from some of the same problems.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Sony building looks very good when you take the escalator up from MOMA film basement.

Working hard on a Saturday. The first sub basement was clearly pour out. Looks like there is one or two levels to go below ground.

RolDan,

Did you notice any work or equipment at the Torre Verse site?

Ah, no. It remains a clean piece of pavement. Not even a new construction fence or anything.

Thanks.

Still nothing at Verre, but they're verre-y (see what I did there) much at street level here.

Default 2 Feb 2013

It would be quite unfortunate if Torre Verre is not built or is delayed for more years while this piece of junk is being built.

Default 9 Feb 2013

It is very sad to see this piece of garbage rising, and Torre Verre's site utterly inactive.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast