Thread: New York New York Hotel in Vegas?

Default New York New York Hotel in Vegas?

Has anyone stayed at the New York Hotel in vegas? What are the Pro's and Con's?

Yes, I have. Well, it is not bad, the rooms are pretty decent, and you can get fairly good deals there, and room upgrades are available online. It has a roller coaster up on top of the hotel, so some of the rooms have a roller coaster going by them -- although the last time I was there, the coaster was not running.

The hotel is fairly well located, depending on what you want to be close to. It is right across the street from the MGM Grand hotel, and it is not too far from the airport, so getting there from the airport does not cost too much. It is across the street the other way from the Excalibur (meh), followed as you go down the strip by the Luxor and Mandalay Bay. I forgot what is the other direction, but the point is that it is fairly well located on the Southern end of the strip.

If you are from New York, you will probably find the hotel itself a bit corny, because it has Las Vegas style replicas of New York attractions, like a Piano Bar where people sing along with the tunes, a NY style pizza joint (decent, but likely not to a New Yorker), Nathan's Hot Dogs, etc. It is not super huge compared to some of the other hotels, so that is a plus or a minus, depending on what you are looking for. If you have not been to Vegas before, when I say it is not super huge, I mean it is large, but not gigantic like the MGM or Mandalay, etc. Those places are so huge that it takes 15 minutes to walk from one end to the other.

New York, New York also has several decent bars, a couple of shows that seem good (I haven't been), and a bunch of restaurants, but this is also true of a series of other hotels in Vegas as well. When I was there, I had booked a room on one of their online specials during the week, and when I got there, they had sold out of that type of room, so they upgraded me to this really outrageous suite for the same price.

Anyway, I hope that helps.