Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hats of the Royal Wedding

Default Hats of the Royal Wedding

Here are two of the finest hats seen during the Royal Wedding; in my opinion anyway.

I like these two particular hats not only because they both are colorful & (one more than the other) attractive designs; but they make the perfect pair - contrasting designs that truly compliment each other perfectly.

Each is eye-candy aplenty on its' own, but together they are that much better.

Add to that the fact that these two designs seem to 'break-the-mold' when it comes to the art of designing hats: very avant garde.

These two lovely ladies are very young; I doubt any of the older gals would have tried to pull of this bold fashion statement.

The Royal Wedding was a 'grand spectacle' to say the least; the lovely hats were just one aspect of an event with many wonderful sights to see.

http://www.neatorama.com/2011/04/29/royal-wedding-hats/
    Last edited by infoshare; April 30th, 2011 at 04:21 PM.

Another, more traditional, fantastic design I would rate as one of the 'best hats' of the Royal Wedding.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

please tell me your just being sarcastic?!
    the hats and dresses worn by those two were the absolute worst....
    Did anyone see Tim Gunn and that other designer (can't remember her name)
    on TV - when shown that picture they just cringed and laughed.

RE: those two at the start of the thread:

The UK has a fine tradition of the frumpy and the outlandish... and over the top hats.

Those are young gals, and my guess is that they are in on the joke.

( and the hats those two are wearing are exquisitely made)

Where do they get all those pretty girls?

I sort of agree with you about those first two hats, Fabrizio; refined taste (ultra-refined). But I like the others, too.

The wedding was the best pageant I've seen. Flawlessly executed ... and so much eye candy (starting with the bride)!

It's not my idea of refined taste. It is what it is. It's British. Those two are garish but I think they knew what they were doing. It's a costume, a comment. For me refined taste would a woman in a classic Chanel suit... but this isn't Paris, that's not what it's about. You don't want to see women here wearing Armani. It's something else.

I caught the procession (parade? What do they call it?) after the wedding. The cars, the horses and carriages, the uniforms... everything ...it was breath taking.
    Last edited by Fabrizio; April 30th, 2011 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ablarc View Post
    Where do they get all those pretty girls?
    Yes, the event was a real game changer for the British; I know ALL those 'pretty ladies' were not English - but lately I think of England as a place populated by gorgeous woman. Now all they need to do is improve on their reputation for fine cuisine and then 'call it day'. (LOL)

Last edited by infoshare; May 1st, 2011 at 10:47 AM.

The woman in the first pic wearing beige(mauve?), I thought: What are you thinking?!? It reminded me of when we were kids & we used to make Christmas Trees out of toilet paper rolls. We'd cut them in half, then paint & decorate them. THere were two ladies sitting together, & their hat brims were so wide I can't imagine they didn't slice the person's cheek next to them. But all in all, I was very impressed by the coverage & most of the fashion.

They must have had a camera mounted inside the highest peak in the Church, because you can see the entire inside, & the people were tiny.

There's a side story to the lady on the left ...

Quote Originally Posted by infoshare View Post

There's no point hiding it now:
    Tara Palmer-Tomkinson attempts to shield drug-ravaged nose

THE DAILY MAIL

She said earlier this year she was desperate to have a reconstructed nose before the royal wedding.

... Tara Palmer-Tomkinson is more than a little embarrassed about her nose, which has been ravaged by years of drug abuse ...

The damage is a legacy of Miss Palmer-Tomkinson’s former £400-a-day cocaine habit.

The It-girl's nose appeared sharp and defined in 2002 before years of drug abuse took its toll. It was so bad that in 2006 she had a £6,000 operation to rebuild the area between her nostrils.

Since then her nose has bent to the right and she is still hoping to make it straight before the ceremony on April 29 at Westminster Abbey ...

‘My surgeon died so I still need to find someone to do it."

Tara Palmer-Tomkinson has a new temporary nose

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

These gals are confusing a wedding with Ascot. A wedding is a time for everyone to be focused on the bride. Save the 'look at me' hats for other occasions.

Horsey types, some of them.

I think it's OK for the Royal ones -- sorta like the modern version of a crown.

But not coming from that ilk, what do I know?

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

About as much as I do? - heh -

May as well do something useful with it:

Princess Beatrice's royal wedding hat being sold for charity

May 15, 2011|By the CNN Wire Staff
    Princess Beatrice, right, and her hat steal the show as she and Prince Andrew and Princesse Eugenie exit Westminster Abbey.

Is it a bird? A bow? A pretzel? The hat worn by Britain's Princess Beatrice to last month's royal wedding created a stir, spawning numerous blog posts and even a Facebook page with more than 140,000 fans.
    Now, Beatrice has donated the "unique sculptural celebratory headpiece"(?!) to be auctioned online, with proceeds to benefit charities for children.
    With more than six days left to go in the auction on eBay.com, bidding stood at 11,000 British pounds Sunday, or about $17,800, with 43 bids placed.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-05-15/e...?_s=PM:SHOWBIZ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast