Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Willow Hotel - 120 West 57th Street - by Roman & Williams

Decent, restrained filler that replaces a beautiful old building. That's about all there is to this one. The loss of the old building would have been more infuriating if it still had its original cornice and base, and since they demolished its bastardized, stripped version, it's not AS bad, but still.

21 April 2012

It enrages me that a beautiful structure was razed for this POS, and yet the Director's Guild, which is a MOS (i.e., a mountain of ....) still stands.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Don't worry about the Director's Guild. If it is underbuilt, it too will be gone eventually.

6 May 2012

A little stalled? Bisweb shows some stop work orders that may or may not be resolved yet.

Concrete Tsunami would warrant a SWO or two.

YIMBY strikes again with this recent construction update posted on Twitter.
    http://www.newyorkyimby.com/2012/07/...el-rising.html

Thanks for posting,

This has really taken off in the past month, another two months before topping-out I would guess.

Yes, this one is back on track now - and hopefully the final phases of Construction will go to completion without further incident. Unfortunatly, this project (due to the concrete spill) will have one additional 'unintended' phase: the litigation phase.

The existing building IMHO in its' present condition was not preservation/landmark worthy; and the proposed building is a fine looking structure ( nothing great ) that leaves me feeling very YIMBY about this project. This one has been very 'interesting' to follow - totally TWEET worthy.

This is a turd. Genocide on 57th Street.

The building to the east, on the other side of that Meridien Hotel arcade, is a much more ignoble turd.

These developers are huge d.i.c.k.s. They razed a stunning building and are replacing it with a banal POS. At least BP's POS on 8th Ave didn't result in the loss of nice structures.

The Directors Guild building will probably be replaced with an ugly motel, too.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast