Thread: Moving to Sunnyside

Default Moving to Sunnyside

Ok guys, I'm new to the forum, and feel free to tear me a new one if these kinds of questions aren't usually posted here, but I'd like to get some ideas from sunnyside/queens residents familiar with the area.

So I'm looking at two apartments and I can't seem to make a decision since they're both the same price.

Apt 1--Just north of Queens Blvd on 49th St--has elevator, washer & dryer in building, and a pretty large 1 bedroom. Drawback--the kitchen is really small, and they are renovating it so I won't know what it will eventually look like.

Apt 2--Just south of Queens Blvd on 42nd St--1 bedroom with a large updated kitchen, and seems to be more centrally located in sunnyside. Drawbacks--no laundry in building, walk-up (even though I don't really mind).

A couple more factoids--I have a car, and a dog (both places accept pets, but Apt 1 requires a deposit, which the broker said to just lie about having a pet to avoid paying, kind of sketchy but he says people do it all the time). So parking and close location to a park would be nice.

Any thoughts?? Thanks for any help!!!!

Forum Veteran

It's easier to park on the north side because its less apartment buildings and more houses, which is also nicer and close to Sunnyside Gardens. Sunnyside Gardens Park (membership only park, one of two in NYC - the other is Gramercy Park) is also on the North side which would matter if you have kids.