Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Morristown Development & Photo thread

Forum Veteran

Default Morristown Development & Photo thread

I noticed there was no Morristown Development thread and on my recent trip to Morristown I saw alot of Developments that had recently gone up.

DSC04862 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSC04860 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSC04811 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSC04804 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSC04805 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSC04830 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSC04831 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSC04832 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSC04833 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSC04835 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

I saw your pics on c/d. Great shots. I haven't been to Morristown in awhile I didn't know they were developing like that.

What is that building in the last pic? Is it a parking deck (for a mall, or an under-construction building)? It has an Atlantic City look lol, with the small house next to a large commercial structure.

Morristown or Downtown Morris...(I support reannexation/reunion of the Morrises.) Is a redevelopment success story. Very nice little city.Im surprised Dover , despite RR,isn't as impressive. Maybe rt 287 +RRmakes the difference for Morristown. Location, location.....
    Last edited by Newarkguy; June 7th, 2011 at 12:51 PM.

Forum Veteran

Indeed Dover could be a booming success like Morristown , but strangely it isn't....

Forum Veteran

Speedwell Redevelopment Phase I Closes, Gets Name

In 2012,the Speedwell Redevelopment Plan was finally approved. In 2013, work on its first phase is expected to begin, to make way for occupation next year.
    Mill Creek Residential announced Wednesday it had closed on its purchase of Phase I of the Speedwell Redevelopment project. This land purchase paves the way for development of "Latitude," dubbed "a luxury rental apartment development that will further enhance Morristown as a pedestrian-friendly, destination community," according to a press release.
    Latitude will consist of a single building with 268 studio, one-, two-, and three-bedroom rental units with a 357-space parking garage incorporated into the structure, "as well as a host of lifestyle amenities," according to the release. The unit number includes 26 deed-restricted apartments earmarked as "affordable housing."
    Site work is expected to begin soon, starting with the demolition of existing structures, including the town’s Department of Public Works facility, which will be relocated. Initial occupancy for Latitude is planned for 2014.
    Mill Creek also is the designated redeveloper of the next two phases of the Speedwell Redevelopment Area, with the design of Phase II anticipated "in the very near future," according to the press release.
    The entirety of the Speedwell Redevelopment Plan, in four phases, is expected to dramatically reshape the Speedwell Avenue cooridor. This closure announcement follows on the heels of recent approval by the town for CVS Pharmacy to construct a new location at the site of a long-abandoned used car lot, at Spring Street and Speedwell Avenue.
    “This announcement is another important step forward in the ongoing revitalization of Morristown’s dynamic downtown," said Morristown Mayor Tim Dougherty in the press release. "In addition to generating approximately $650,000 in tax revenues and hundreds of construction jobs in the first phase alone, this development will have a significant, positive impact on the neighborhood’s many businesses, which will benefit from access to new patrons that reside within walking distance. ... I am extremely pleased to continue building on the success we have achieved in working toward the realization of an improved Speedwell Avenue corridor to the benefit of all residents.
    http://morristown.patch.com/articles...photo-12785246

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
    I saw your pics on c/d. Great shots. I haven't been to Morristown in awhile I didn't know they were developing like that.

What is that building in the last pic? Is it a parking deck (for a mall, or an under-construction building)? It has an Atlantic City look lol, with the small house next to a large commercial structure.
    Its 40 Park , its a mixed use redevelopment across from The Green. The Parking garage is behind the building....

http://www.40park.com/

DSCN4514 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSCN4515 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

Default Morristown booming

New development near Speedwell Ave opened last week- Modera 44- http://morristowngreen.com/2014/12/0...n-millennials/

Few others buildings in Morristown have been popping up. Definitely has become the Hoboken of the west.

I will post images soon!

They really need a shuttle to Morristown train station? People can't take a 13-minute walk?

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by EastMillinocket View Post
    They really need a shuttle to Morristown train station? People can't take a 13-minute walk?
    Society is lazy , there are shuttles in Jersey City , Newark , and New Brunswick...

Forum Veteran

It looks like I need to do another update for Morristown....

Does anyone know how many units are currently U/C in Morristown? or how many large-format buildings?

There are a few U/C and many planned. There is a good amount of condo and townhouse developments right now as well. Besides Modera, there will be the new building next to it with 200+ units and there will be a new rental building on Dehart St right near the 40 Park development and there will be a new rental building next to the train station on Elm and a new rental building just off Morris St

Morristown will get its own version of the Flatiron Building. The corner of Market and Bank Streets will be developed with a 5 story office building since "Young professionals want to work in urban areas."

This former location

http://morristowngreen.com/2015/04/0...-vote-april-2/

Has been approved to become this.

http://morristowngreen.com/2015/04/0...-bank-streets/

Love that! It will look great in town

http://www.dailyrecord.com/story/new...town/26199097/

Whole Foods just opened in the former A&P on Washingston St in Morristown

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast