Thread: Salvatore Polisi speaks out!

Cool Salvatore Polisi speaks out!

Former mobster Salvatore Polisi does a fascinating one-man show about his life in organized crime.

Salvatore Polisi, long time mobster and witness for the prosecution that imprisoned John Gotti, has walked away from Federal Witness Protection to tell his life story of organized crime.

Polisi’s 75-minute performance spans his two decades as a member of the New York organized crime scene. The play follows his true life adventures as a professional criminal, mobster and father. His recollections involve some of the most infamous mobsters in New York during the seventies and early eighties, ranging from John Gotti and Attorney Roy Cohn and his associates, to Tommy DeSimone, Henry Hill and Jimmy Burke (portrayed by Joe Pesci, Ray Liotta and Robert DeNiro, respectively, in the film“Goodfellas”).

“The Sinatra Club” moves along briskly as Polisi talks about his indoctrination into the NY Mob and all that went with it. Some of his more notable observations include his boredom with dealing drugs (“You hand some guy the stuff and he hands you the money; it gets old real quick). The ground rules the madam at the local brothel laid down to him about her girls (“No kinky stuff, bondage or threesomes.”) and his wonderful descriptions of all the strange and fascinating characters he encountered—people with names like “Roundy” (a 350-lb. degenerate poker player) and two old-time bank robbers he once worked with, both of whom had spent half their lives in prison.

http://www.broowaha.com/articles/4113/the-sinatra-club

Just thought I'd post it for anybody interested in the New York mafia crime history. I've just also seen the film on Netflix (its also available on redbox) and its very good. Definitely worth a watch!

here is a link to the trailer! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OS0y7r6A-g

Is this "News" or "Politics"?

I think it is spam.

First post (as a new thread no less) and no "Hi!" is usually a sign....

It's just in the wrong category.

Moved.

Since it was news and politics involving the mafia it seemed to fit...

Its not just about the movie, its about the fact that Polisi is publically revealing inside information on how the NY mafia works.

Thanks for the response P77.....

Just a heads up though, it may be better to kinda join the forum and become a part of it before posting a review/synopsis and link to a flik....

Take a spin around the different forums, you may find a thread you like!

It has nothing to do with first post.

We have a "Rate any Movie" thread; all of it can be considered spam. I moved it simply because I don't think it is news. There are zero hits in Google and Yahoo News. Don't make a big deal of this. We move threads and posts all the time.