Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2012 Presidential Race

[FONT=inherit]Back in my day, they used Bayer Aspirin for contraceptives. The gals put it between their knees and it wasn’t that costly
    "Judy, I have this terrible headache."

Really? Really Mr Witty? Aspirin between the knees was effective for birth control?

I got two words for you buddy, something you may already know personally:

Bend over.

All Hail the Theocrats (and Home Schoolers) as they rise in the polls ...

Santorum: Satan is Systematically Destroying America

" ... the body politic held up fairly well up until the last couple of decades, but it is falling too."

Right Wing Watch

Rick's crazy stuff from 2006 (and one more reason why he lost big back then) ...

I will not watch at work, but the man is feeding off the nutjobs.

That is enough to get him elected locally, but I certainly HOPE there are not enough zealots out there that would elect such a primarily religious (and no doubt hypocritical) man to our highest office.

/me starts looking at AU......

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    Rick's crazy stuff from 2006 (and one more reason why he lost big back then) ...

He forgot the little girl with the flower ...

What a difference a week makes in Mitt's world ...

Today:

Arizona Sheriff Rocked By Accusations Of Alleged Immigrant Ex-Boyfriend

Rising Republican star and well-known border hawk Sheriff Paul Babeu, who’s now running for Congress in Arizona, was hit Friday night with bombshell accusations from a Mexican immigrant who said he dated the sheriff for years and was threatened with deportation if he ever told anyone about their romance.

... With the Republican presidential primary in Arizona a little more than a week away, the campaign of frontrunner Mitt Romney announced that Babeu was quitting his role as its Arizona co-chair ...

One short week ago:

Jesus, it is just so predictable...

Default Jesus, Indeed ...

SANTORUM'S SATAN WARNING

USA 2012: Salem Revisited ...

Whoever is doing Ron Paul's ads put together some clever visuals. This is crass and silly, as are most, but surprisingly well done, I must admit. I particularly like the appearance of Bigfoot, or the Yeti, or whatever that is at the end!

Meet Rick's running mate: Ben Dover.

It must have been Romney's brilliant plan to fall behind in Michigan, so he could then comeback, and now claim to have the momentum going into Super Tuesday!!

Or not.

All I can say is that he is lucky he is running against the lamest set of candidates we have seen in many, many years. And so is Obama!

http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/21/ca...cky-guy-audio/

Re: Some of Santorum's comments over the last couple of days, like "the separation of church and state "makes me want to throw up", and calling President Obama a "snob" for advocating that people go to college, make me really wonder what kind of world some of these politicians are living in. I guess he is surrounded by people who either don't know or won't tell him not to say things like that if you want to appeal outside a very narrow spectrum of voters.

It reminds me of something I have told work colleagues after some candidates for employment have left after interviews. If a candidate says something that is obviously something that should not be said in a job interview, or gives an answer that shows themselves in an unflattering light, I have said that it is not the thing they said that bothers me, it is that they were not smart enough not to tell me that in the interview!

Like the person who said they liked the description of the job we gave because it sounded like they would not have that much to do, etc.

With some of these candidates, it is important, of course, to know what their beliefs are, but it is just as much that they are not smart enough not to reveal them to us in such a crass, blatant way.

Rick is the kind of guy that caters to the crowd he is speaking to. So that "snob" comment about college was said to a bunch of rednecks (one with a curly mustache coming strait out of a Olde New Yorke kind of (Daniel Day Lewis) flik.). He "Forgot" that his message reaches many more. Many BLUE COLLAR WORKERS that worked hard to get their kids through college.

Somehow calling them a snob because they want their kids doing more than backbreaking manual labor (even if skilled) is just plain stupid.

Add to it the fact that most PROFESSIONS, while not "college snobby" are still TRAINED SKILLS. You do not want a plumber that has no experience, or a carpenter building your home that has no more experience than one that worked summers in HS. You want someone with a few more rings on their trunk and calluses on their fingers.

Meh. Rick is a Richard and can't help being a Dick.