Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2012 Presidential Race

I understand, but I think Zippy's point is that if Obama loses PA in particular, there is no way he carries Ohio in particular, and he probably (but not certainly) loses the election. The converse is not necessarily true btw. Winning PA does not necessarily guarantee a victory in Ohio. Although both are considered swing states, Obama is stronger in PA than OH. And there are other examples just like this, such as Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa.

This stuff gets kind of complex which is why Silver's electoral analysis which overlays the polls is so interesting. His model is very sophisticated and takes those very factors, as well as polling accuracy and others into consideration.

Get out the vote item:

Oct 19, 2012 11:17am

Obama Has Biggest Fundraising Day Ever

President Obama on Oct. 17 had his single most lucrative day of campaign fundraising ever, an Obama campaign official confirmed to ABC News.

The record-setting haul, which the official declined to specify, was attributed to a surge of online contributions from grassroots donors following Obama’s performance in the second 2012 presidential debate.

The campaign announced last week that it has amassed a base of 4 million unique donors — or 1 in 75 Americans — a new record.

The flood of cash appears to signal a resurgent enthusiasm among Democrats, two weeks after the president’s lackluster first debate rattled nerves and dampened spirits.

It’s also a sign that the Obama’s aggressive online fundraising operation continues to bear fruit. The campaign sent out at least six email appeals in a 12-hour period on the day after the second debate, including two messages from the president himself.

“We send a lot of emails,” wrote deputy Obama campaign manager Stephanie Cutter in a blast to supporters Thursday night. ”I know it’s a lot — but let me describe for you what the alternative looks like.”

“Mitt Romney not only accepts big checks from these lobbyists, but as president he’d hire those same lobbyists in top-level positions,” she said. “We could get the head of the junk food industry as the Secretary of Health and Human Services. An oil executive as the head of the Environmental Protection Agency.”

Campaign officials have tried to combat complacency among donors all year by trying to instill a sense of fear about a President Mitt Romney. There are signs it has been an effective approach.

Obama and Democrats reported earlier this month they raised a whopping $181 million in September — more money than any incumbent president has ever raised in a single month for his re-election.

Romney and Republicans reported collecting more than $170 million in September. They have not disclosed the total number of contributors to their campaign.

The Republican presidential nominee enjoyed a burst of campaign cash following his strong first debate performance on Oct. 3. In the 48 hours after the debate, Romney collected north of $12 million, his campaign said.

Both campaigns will formally file their September fundraising reports with the Federal Election Commission on Saturday.

Copyright © 2012 ABC News

The previous record was Sept 10, 2008...the day after we were introduced to Sarah Palin.

Did anyone hear Ari Melber add more humor to the Romnesia dialog tonight...
    He said it was an "FTD"... Fox Transmitted Disease!

Was that guy last night running for VP?

The guy last night must of had her for his foreign policy advice.

"U.S. Americans"

Well, we know we need to be the strongest military force in the world or those damn Mormons would take over EVERYTHING!

waitasec.....

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaNYC View Post
    The guy last night must of had her for his foreign policy advice.

I love that clip, but i don't know if it is more horrifying, or hysterical. I feelnsorry for that girl though.

What I find interesting is that Romney seems to have purposely avoided challenging Obama on almost everything related to foreign policy, including Libya. They must have decided there was more downside than upside to that, but does that make sense?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art..._on_libya.html

When Romney shape-shifted into the Hippie Candidate and moved to the left of Obama (sort of), he missed the opportunity to challenge Obama on one foreign policy item where he might be vulnerable - the use of drones for targeting killing.

But of course, Romney isn't really the Hippie Candidate; he's the Jello Candidate.

That analogy does not work Zip.

Jello has more bones than Mit.

The greatly anticipated big announcement by Donald Trump that would shake the election to the core has arrived.

Douchebaggery

Trump has trumped his own idiocy.

Incredible.

I do like the people asking for Mitt's tax records in rebuttal.

I wonder why Trump is not asking to see Romney's transcripts. What a blatent racist. I cannot believe anyone takes him seriously.

Obama on the Tonight Show, talking about Trump"
    This all dates back to when we were growing up together in Kenya. We had constant run-ins on the soccer field. He wasn't very good and resented it. When we finally moved to America I thought it would be over.