Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: World Financial Center - aka Brookfield Pl - Cesar Pelli

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    I was there today. The ceiling of the balcony overlook feels very low.
    Do you mean this?

That's a construction platform. You can see the bare drywall on the ceiling.

One store is open in a renovated corridor on the first floor.

Clean, but muted. The floor is a manufactured stone, with little character. Not as nice as terrazzo.

Trying to figure out how much of the old marble flooring will survive the renovation. At he Wintergarden, stairs, and mezzanine around it, the marble will remain. The Courtyard is changing from a food court to retail; I think the entire checkerboard flooring is gone.

The new lobby entrance at tower 4 is white marble; it appears complementary to the image above. From the street, the entry is a big improvement over the original.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post

Do you mean this?

That's a construction platform. You can see the bare drywall on the ceiling.
    Yes, this is precisely what I meant (good to learn it's temporary and will be gone, with high ceiling returning before too long).

Forum Veteran

Nice , did they put back the Restrooms yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
    Nice , did they put back the Restrooms yet?
    Only in the food court. I believe the restrooms under the stairs will be replaced with retail.

North entrance is coming along nicely...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9843.jpg 
Views:	1241 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	18113  

I didn't notice it at first, but after looking at old pictures, it's clear that they've removed the two "balcony" areas on either side of the grand staircase.

Maybe some of the wall below has been cut back, but otherwise, it's the same.

What they did was cut away the stone parapet along the entire mezzanine and replaced it with glass.

Yeah, the walls on the first floor were pushed back in the eastern section, and the balconies above were thus eliminated.

The sidewalk in front of the complex is really taking shape.

I'm not sure what's to happen to this bridge, nor have I seen any renderings, but they've stripped it down to the bare bones.

The atrium behind 2WFC. New glass.

One more I forgot to show. As expected they've also opened retail beneath the grand staircase. Bottega Veneta, one of the luxury retail the renovation promised.

I suspect the bridge is going all glass to match the new entrances. I don't believe it's being removed.

The bridge does indeed match the new entrances. All glass. I don't know how I feel about it. It makes me wonder what they're about to do to the South Bridge as a result of these renovations.

South bridge is to remain the same, they're going to match the cladding that already exists.

This turned out beautifully!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011