Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: World Financial Center - aka Brookfield Pl - Cesar Pelli

I don't think so.

The pavilion will need to be open for street access to 225 Liberty. The West St lobby is already walled off for construction.

The pavilion escalators will be closed off until the east-west connector and transit hub are complete.

WFC construction map

Did you shoot that through a crack in the construction barrier? Or is this open and visible now?

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post

Not mine. It's from the Brookfield site.

Even more of the complex is walled off now.

Anyone else think downtown's WTC & WFC are not attractive to big tenants because of the security infrastructure and tourist draw of the WTC site in particular? Minus the security features, I think WHEN it's ALL done it should be pretty nice area, tourists and all.

Well i would imagine two of the reason's Conde Nast is moving to WTC is because of the tourists and security issues in Times Square. So it's all relative.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic View Post
    Anyone else think downtown's WTC & WFC are not attractive to big tenants because of the security infrastructure and tourist draw of the WTC site in particular? Minus the security features, I think WHEN it's ALL done it should be pretty nice area, tourists and all.

PAS on EarthCam
    September 10, 2013

WFC rapidly being sealed up.

Access through the courtyard is a corridor from the plaza to Vesey St, with branches to PJ Clarke, Rite Aid, restrooms, elevators, buildings 3 and 4. Street level access to the Wintergarden is from the plaza, and I suppose the West St pavilion when it opens.

The area where I'm standing will be a construction zone. The center scaffolding will form a closed corridor down the stairway to the Wintergarden floor.

The outer wall of another enclosed corridor around the top of the stairway. I haven't seen any rendering of exactly what will be done here. Suspicious.

Passageway to buildings 2 and 1.

Must be rough on the remaining retailers. PJ Clarke's manages to take it in stride.

The new entry pavilion looks good from a cab driving down the West Side Hiway. The "tree" supports are really big & impressive while passing by.

The outer wall of another enclosed corridor around the top of the stairway. I haven't seen any rendering of exactly what will be done here. Suspicious.
    The edge of that area will be a balcony, overlooking the pavilion. Since the stairs aren't being removed they're going to continue to keep the second floor concourse open.

I mean the area where I'm standing in #1 and #2 - the stairs. Brookfield made a statement that the stairs would be altered, but no explanation was given.

Look at the second level map. Note the two red quarter-circles.

Brookfield says that the pavilion will open by the end of the month.

Not sure, but it looks like the side of the stairs will be cut away, making the corridor wider.

It's cool that this will be opening, but where exactly will it go to right now? All the way to the PATH? That'd be handy.

I don't think the actual underground passageway under West Street will be opening that soon, just the pavilion as entry to the WFC.

The main lobby entrances are being closed off for construction. There is no outside main entrance to building #4. #2 only has the Liberty St entrance open. At some point, #3 will will closed off.

They'll need alternate entrances. One is through the pavilion.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast