Thread: Can anyone name this skyscraper?

Default Can anyone name this skyscraper?

While I was in New York, I went on a straight up city trek one fine sunday. I walked all the way from the New Yorker on 8th avenue, across 34th street, and all the way to Lexington. I went up Park Avenue a ways too, and ended up on 57th street eventually. Somewhere during all of this, I snapped a picture of this here skyscraper. Can anyone identify this tower? I thought it looked cool and pointed a camera at it, but forgot to look for a "nametag" anywhere.

Here it is, anyone want to play "name that skyscraper"?

That's 450 Park Avenue. I've always admired this building, it may be a box but its very dignified and classy with the repetition of slightly arched segments, it also has excellent proportions.

It's also right nest to the future 432 Park ave. tower.

Yeah, it was the curves in the gridwork of its facade that got my attention. Quite a handsome tower, I'll have to look up the architect.

Edit- Architect's been gone and looked up- believe it or not, this skyscraper is the work of Emery Roth and sons, who also did a lot of other skyscrapers on Park Avenue. Normally the Roths didn't care too much for the skin of a building, specializing in efficient floorplans and mechanical installations, the so-called belly of the building. But it looks like somebody did a fantastic job on the facade here!

And the building's got its own website:
    http://www.450park.com/
    Last edited by Amanita; February 12th, 2012 at 01:17 PM.

Actually, Now that we've ID'ed this handsome monolith, can one of the mods change the thread title to the building name, so we can turn this into a discussion thread?